PDA

View Full Version : Do not call 'registry'.....easy to do.....

cheesemouse
08-08-2003, 04:28 AM
If you don't like those telemarketers here's a no brainer....fast and easy to register.....man, I hate those calls.....finally something good from the government...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.donotcall.gov/Register/Reg.aspx

Rich R.
08-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Cheese, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but you will not be getting rid of all of the phone calls.
Many charitable and other types of organizations are excluded from the law. Also, calls that begin and terminate within the same state are excluded.

This may reduce the calls you get, but it will not eliminate them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CarolNYC
08-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Hi Cheesemouse,
How are you? There is an option you can put on your phone called "Call Intercept", I dont know if your service offers it, but what happens is, when a telemarketer calls, they usually do not display their number so they have to state their name and you can either accept, say your busy or play does not accept-its been working fine!
Take care!
Carol:):):)

Kat Leonard
08-08-2003, 06:08 AM
I just lie and say I am not home. I beleive that this is an exceptable lie and will not count in the hereafter. ####

SPetty
08-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Before the national no call registry, there was the Texas no call registry. It cost a few bucks to get on the list, but our spam phone calls were significantly reduced. Yes, it doesn't kill all of them, but we've gone from a few a day to a few every couple of weeks. Major improvement.

cheesemouse
08-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Rich,
My bubble got burst back in 8th grade when they lined up all the boys on one side of the room and the girls on the other side then told us boys to walk across and ask a girl to dance. The first three I asked said “no”…I haven’t had great expectations since…hehehe

Carol,
I’m fine, thanks for asking. I’m not sure they have those fancy things out here in the ‘corn’ country…LOL

Kat,
You mean they’re keeping track of lies too…gees

Spetty,
I sure hope your right about cutting them down some. There is nothing that pi$$’s me off more than answering the phone and having a sales recording kick in on me.

P.S.

I lucked out and missed the ccb being down, I was off doing stuff..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
08-08-2003, 08:05 PM
True story...I was sitting here reading your post, thinking about the fact that I've been pretty lucky in not getting many telephone solitication calls when the phone rang, and some guy who said he was in Arizona (was that you, Rod?) tried to sell me 10 year life light bulbs and that I really need to buy them because the workers are handicapped and they need me to buy light bulbs in order for them to keep their jobs.

I think I'll use that link now. Thanks.

Fran