PDA

View Full Version : GC1 cover

travin
08-08-2003, 01:16 PM
About a month ago I purchased a GC1. The problem I am having is that I have a cat. So far I have only found cat hair on the table, but I am worried. I decided to buy a cover. I went on-line and purchased a nice naugahide cover. When I received it I found it didn't fit. They say the cover fits up to a 109 x 60 inch table, the GC1 is 116 x 66. They accepted the cover back, but now I am looking for another. All I can find is cheap plastic covers and the one that I bought.

I hope someone can help.

Thank in advance,
Todd

Joel
08-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Mueller has a real nice one, 9' foot commercial fits my GC1

Joel

SacTownTommy
08-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Keep the Cat out of the Pool Table room.. Cheaper than a cover..

travin
08-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Easier said than done. Do you have cats? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SacTownTommy
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
travin,
No, I don't have cats. I am (or was) alergic to them. But, I do have friends that have cats and didn't react as quick as you have in keeping the pool table covered. The Cat claimed the table (pissed all over it) as its own. Brand new Simonis 860 (less than a week old).

The cat is now banned from the pool room. It has the freedom of the rest of the house, but the Pool room is off limits. And, my friend still got a cover.

Not a cat lover, but I don't hate them either.

HalSmith
08-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Seems like just killing the cat would slove a bunch of problems. No more expense for cat food, cat litter and shot. You could save alot of money over the span of a year and still not have to worry about your table.---Smitty

buddha162
08-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Smitty,

I know you're trying to be funny, but I doubt Travin would take it as such. I certainly did not.

Roger

pooldaddy9
08-08-2003, 10:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Joel:</font><hr> Mueller has a real nice one, 9' foot commercial fits my GC1

Joel <hr /></blockquote>

totally agree, been there,done that. Fits like a glove. Joel

HalSmith
08-09-2003, 03:57 AM
Well Buddha you see I'm not as fond of cats as I am to a nice pool table and the first time the cat pissed on my table he/she would be history anyhow. You can't teach a cat to stay out of a room and I wouldn't be closing the doors to a room all the time . If by chance you forget to close the door, which is going to happen, then the cat gets in and does its thing then there goes the cat. So see its just as easy for me to get rid of the cat. By the way I wasn't trying to be funny . I'd just get rid of the cat.---Smitty

travin
08-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the input. I just ordered the Mueller cover. So far, I am the only one who has claimed my table (by paying for it), I'm hoping to keep it that way. As far as getting rid of the cat, I think I would be banished from the house first, oh well. BTW he hasn't actually done any damage, so I can't complain.

Todd

L.S. Dennis
08-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Regarding pool table covers, best advice is to always get a cover one size larger than your table. I have a 41/2 x 9 table and I ordered a cover from Muellers for a 5 x10, works perfectly.

I have the same problem with my cat. He doesn't wee on the table or anything but he does jump up everytime I go out there to practice. He just wants attention, after putting him down time after time I've just now gotton used to shooting around him. Interestingly enough, when he sees me lining up a shot he goes in front of the pocket to block the ball from going in. He presents a real challenge! If he wasn't such a good feline friend I would gotton angry long before this!

travin
08-09-2003, 12:45 PM
My cat considers pool to be a personal affront. He usually weaves through my legs, but sometimes he does try to get up on the table to play. This is strongly discouraged.

But I agree with L.S. he is good to have around, he just doesn't like this new competition for my attention in the house.

Todd

Ralph S.
08-09-2003, 01:40 PM
I have 2 cats and can tell you it is just a simple behaviour problem that can be corrected. Mine run for cover whenever they hear a newspaper crinkle, accidental or not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

buddha162
08-09-2003, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I have 2 cats and can tell you it is just a simple behaviour problem that can be corrected. Mine run for cover whenever they hear a newspaper crinkle, accidental or not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Cats certainly can be discouraged to stay off tables/counters and redirect destructive scratching. It takes time and patience, and like pool the training process calls for consistency; negative and POSITIVE reinforcements are equally important.

An awesome source of everything you ever want to know about cat care is www.cats.about.com (http://www.cats.about.com) They also have a neat little forum where very knowledgable folks answer questions day and night, not unlike the CCB!

I'm happy to see that there are several cat lovers on this board. Currently on page 113 of the archive posts!

Roger

08-10-2003, 04:43 PM
get rid of the cat.

pooltchr
08-11-2003, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote travin:</font><hr> My cat considers pool to be a personal affront. He usually weaves through my legs, but sometimes he does try to get up on the table to play. This is strongly discouraged.

But I agree with L.S. he is good to have around, he just doesn't like this new competition for my attention in the house.

Todd <hr /></blockquote>
I have 4 cats, and one of them is all black with one white spot on her chest. We named her Eight Ball and it turns out to be appropriate. She loves to get on the table and knock balls into the pockets. She even trys to get them out of the pockets if there are none up so she can practice! I think right now she is about a sl-2

travin
08-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Sounds like she can beat me handily. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif