PDA

View Full Version : Saw something interesting

bolo
08-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Saw something interesting the other night. There was a kid at the pool room doing something to his cue that got my attention. I walked over to see what he was doing. He was cleaning his ferrule with an eraser, it really worked. I went and got one of my shafts with an Ivorive III ferrule that is always dirty. I tried his eraser and it came completely clean and even had a nice shine. on it. The eraser was white and about 2 x 1 x 1/2 inches. He said he buys them at Office depot. Pretty cool.

sack316
08-09-2003, 01:24 AM
cool, I work at office depot. You're welcome. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
really though, never thought of that, will try it tomorrow

HalSmith
08-09-2003, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the tip, Bolo. ---Smitty

Rich R.
08-09-2003, 06:50 AM
That makes sense, the eraser is a mild abrasive, just like a super fine sand paper, toothpaste and some of the other things used to clean ferrules.

WesK
08-09-2003, 09:28 AM
The white ones don't have too much abrasive in them. They used to be sold as "magic" erasers. They take lead off the paper really well without abrading the paper--that's what made them magic.

I believe that the Staedtler (the drafting supplies company) brand carries them as MP or polymer erasers.

There are a lot of other companies that make them I like the Staedtler brand because the blue and white packaging reminds me of all of the really great drafting stuff they used to make.

wes

cycopath
08-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Liquid Ball Cleaner works well also.

bolo
08-11-2003, 06:01 PM
I thought it was neat because you could do it while you were playing, without the fear of getting something wet on your tip.

Barbara
08-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Using toothpaste on an ivory ferrule will also help seal cracks in it in the meantime while you get it to be fixed.

Barbara~~~lessons learned from my CueMan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif