PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a new 9 foot table

jdaniel
08-09-2003, 01:08 AM
I am trying to decide on a table to purchase. The front runner is a new Olhhausen 9 foot table that I could purchase new for $2,200. It would not be a fancy table, but one that I am hoping would play well for a long time. I would appreciate any input that any of you may have. The salesperson at West Penn Billiards in Western Pa., tells me that generally an Olhausen is a better choice than a Brunswick in this price range. My second choice would be a table custom built by Valley Billiards in Western Pa. My current choice of the Ohlhausen is based on it using Italian slate and a (supposedly) better rail system and cushions. Any thoughts that you may have on this subject would be appreciated.

Billy
08-09-2003, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jdaniel:</font><hr>It would not be a fancy table, but one that I am hoping would play well for a long time. <hr /></blockquote>

hoping to play well for a long time /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

in my opinion if the $2200 is your budget then maybe consider a good commercial table 'used'.time would be the only problem looking for a used quality table but I wouldn't even consider an Olhausen period.they make smaller nicer 'home' tables but their commercial line needs help

keep lookin'

just my opinion

Chalks Billiards
08-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Keep in mind that Olhausen uses 7/8 of an inch slate on tables in this price range.