PDA

View Full Version : a little titbit flash over florida elections

nAz
08-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Is this something most Americans knew about ?
http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

then read this... http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=29&row=1

Qtec
08-09-2003, 11:27 AM
nAz, that is amazing. Not that it happened but that it is so blatant. They spit in the eye of democracy. Whats worse is that you will get no response to this post. Its not important.

I think about 10 million people in the USA cannot vote because they are in jail , or have been in jail.

It makes me want to puke .
This is just nother example of where politics [ Western ] is heading. Its got nothing to do with democracy , its all about power and ego's.

I would call this treason.

Q

nAz
08-11-2003, 12:37 PM
dude there is no responce possible to this post.
it is what it is

Cueless Joey
08-11-2003, 02:17 PM
I used to work with a woman whose brother was in the militatry during the 98 election.
She claimed thousands of votes never made it b/c the powers then made sure they didn't get submitted on time b/c the military is very pro republican.
Harris is not in jail but neither is Bill Clinton who sold technology to China. The same technology that can be used against us. That was treason if you ask me.

Candyman
08-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Go ahead and puke if you want. Nothing was mentioned about the Democrats keeping our military votes from overseas counted. Imagine that. I doubt that all of these things were done in the first place. If they were true CNN,CBS,NBC, ABC and all of the major newspapers would be all over this news flash. The BBC is looked on in the US as a tabloid rag. Please give me some credible evidence.

Qtec
08-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Turn it around.
There are some serious allegations being made. If there was no truth to them, why arent the officials involved suing for slander ?

Whats frightening is that they can get away with it.They dont even try to be subtle about it either.

Before GW , the BBC had a very good reputation in the USA and the rest of the world. The two countries that are trying to trash the BBC are the USA and Israel.

I wonder why? Could it be that they report issues that the US press wont touch . Reports that conflict with the official account given by the Govt ? eg Pvt Lynch.,WMD, etc Where did that Anthrax come from?

Did you ever hear about the scandal in Nevada State County. Michael Moore did a report on it . this was in 98/99. Check it out.

Q

Modern politics have got nothing to do with ethics or morals. Its about getting into power and staying there.

Joke. How can you tell if a politician is lying.

Answer. His lips are moving!

Qtec
08-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Intimidation.

www.saveheadstart.org (http://www.saveheadstart.org)

[ QUOTE ]
"Head Start has been around for 38 years and no previous Administration has ever seen fit to twist and contort the federal laws in order to justify what appears to be an unconstitutional attempt to silence the critics of its proposal. These scare tactics are designed to achieve one thing and one thing only: to intimidate into silence the very people who know the best about what Head Start does and what it takes to make sure that America's most at-risk children are made ready to learn in school."

Herndon said: "I am appalled and saddened that this Administration would resort to these methods to try to avoid a full and open debate about its plan, as embodied in the House legislation introduced last week, to dismantle Head Start and turn its funding over to the cash-strapped states that are manifestly unprepared to do our work. I fear that this is exactly what it appears to be: an open-and-shut case of the Administration seeking to chill the First Amendment free-speech rights of Head Start educators, volunteer parents and program administrators through a new and broad interpretation of the Head Start Act."
<hr /></blockquote>

You just have to scratch the surface.
Q

eg8r
08-12-2003, 06:38 AM
If all this is true then why are there no lawsuits? Why hasn't one single person won a lawsuit because they were refused the right to vote? Surely they would be outraged by this, heck the article you attached is 3 years after the fact. If it were all true, and these people were still bothered by this 3 years later I would think they would do something about it.

With the news in Florida as liberal as it is, don't you think we would have seen thousands of people being rejected at the polls? If this many people were not allowed to vote and they actually showed up to the polls with an intent to vote, they would have been on our news. Instead, the only people that were complaining about not getting to vote were black people in south florida claiming racism. These are not the same people that are being referred to in this group, so where is the proof of all this crap????

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Hey Q are you trying to change the subject?

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2003, 06:50 AM
Candyman, I would not fret over it too much. Q will not puke, because he is busy scowering the web for some more conspiracy theories.

There are quite a few things left out of that article, simply because the authors are not interested in the WHOLE picture, but merely looking for something to grab. Of the issues not listed are...Military votes that were never counted...Blacks who were "refused" to vote have never come up and actually sued the state, let alone even come close to winning the lawsuit...Every single recount (like 400 or so) have all come back with the same answer, Bush won. Even all the universities that did the recount and all the news stations that recounted show that Bush won...

These are all issues that are never brought up.

eg8r

Qtec
08-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Lawsuit.

http://www.naacp.org/news/releases/florida_lawsuit.shtml

Q

Qtec
08-12-2003, 07:00 AM
eg8r, how nice to have you back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
08-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Tell me,did they count all the votes?

Considering GW won by less than 600 votes, I would say every vote counts.

There was deliberate manipulation of the vote in some parts of Florida.
Why did they decide to hire a private company ?

Whatever you say , the whole Florida debacle leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most decent Americans.

44 years ago the US put a man on the moon.

44 years later , they cant count votes.

Strange.

Q

Sid_Vicious
08-12-2003, 07:47 AM
I am with you Q. In this day and time, a voting system using the stupid eloctorial college is an open invitation to election robbing. Count all the votes in Florida? That would not have worked at all,,,Gore would have won that state too, anf that simply was not in the agenda, and what an agenda it is. We'll pay for this, our children will pay for this. Sucks! :-( sid

eg8r
08-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Thank you Q. I did not read everything, but at the bottom, the date field is not filled in. What date was this filed? Where is this lawsuit at in the system? Has there been resolution yet? What was the outcome?

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2003, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me,did they count all the votes? <font color="blue"> Nope...They did not count all the military votes. They also did not count all the votes that were not made legally. </font color>

Considering GW won by less than 600 votes, I would say every vote counts. <font color="blue"> This is a number you hear in the liberal media which excludes all the military votes that were not allowed to be counted. </font color>

There was deliberate manipulation of the vote in some parts of Florida. <font color="blue"> Do you have any factual examples?????? </font color>
Why did they decide to hire a private company ? <font color="blue"> If I remember correctly the link that naz gave, it states that is how it is done. Hire a private company. </font color>

Whatever you say , the whole Florida debacle leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most decent Americans. <font color="blue"> You are right, it does, however what exactly did I say that makes you think I feel differently???? </font color>

44 years ago the US put a man on the moon. <font color="blue"> LOL, you are the biggest conspiracy theorist on the board, however you believe hands down that we really put a man on the moon???? There was a special on TV a few years ago that tried to debunk this event but I missed it. They were talking about the flag waving in the background and such...I wish I would have seen it. </font color>

44 years later , they cant count votes. <font color="blue"> Who cannot count votes???I believe the issue is not whether these people can count, but rather what they chose to count. Try not to mix this up as they are quite different. </font color>

Strange. <font color="blue"> Yes you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Another issue you have not included in all of this was the counties that were re-counted, the precincts within those counties especially...All the re-counting that went on happened in predominantly Democratic areas. The dems were doing everything they could to get more votes for themselves without worrying about re-counting in the Rep dominant counties. Why doesn't that bother you????????

eg8r

Candyman
08-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Did you ever hear about the scandal in Nevada State County. Michael Moore did a report on it . this was in

98/99. Check it out
__________________________________________________ _______

I will have to check this out. Michael Moore is one of the most outstanding political geniuses of our time. He is so smart all of the political pundits go to him for advise on a daily basis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Qtec
08-12-2003, 10:13 AM
ok, POINT BY POINT .

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Tell me,did they count all the votes? <font color="blue"> Nope...They did not count all the military votes. They also did not count all the votes that were not made legally. </font color>

<font color="red"> SO THEY DIDNT COUNT ALL THE VOTES. iF YOU DONT COUNT ALL THE VOTES , ITS A CHEAT. </font color>

Considering GW won by less than 600 votes, I would say every vote counts. <font color="blue"> This is a number you hear in the liberal media which excludes all the military votes that were not allowed to be counted. </font color>

<font color="red"> WHAT NUMBER DO YOU HAVE. I AM GOING BY THE OFFICIAL RESULT.</font color>

There was deliberate manipulation of the vote in some parts of Florida. <font color="blue"> Do you have any factual examples?????? </font color>

<font color="red"> CHECK THE LAWSUIT. I THINK A FEW ARE MENTIONED.</font color>

Why did they decide to hire a private company ? <font color="blue"> If I remember correctly the link that naz gave, it states that is how it is done. Hire a private company. </font color>

<font color="red"> WRONG. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME . CHECK AGAIN. </font color>

Whatever you say , the whole Florida debacle leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most decent Americans. <font color="blue"> You are right, it does, however what exactly did I say that makes you think I feel differently???? </font color>

<font color="red"> YOU SEEM TO IMPLY THAT ITS ACCEPTABLE. </font color>

44 years ago the US put a man on the moon. <font color="blue"> LOL, you are the biggest conspiracy theorist on the board, however you believe hands down that we really put a man on the moon???? There was a special on TV a few years ago that tried to debunk this event but I missed it. They were talking about the flag waving in the background and such...I wish I would have seen it. </font color>

<font color="red"> I BASE MY THEORIES ON FACT. IF THE RECORDINGS ON THE MOON , WITH THE SPACE HOP , FLAG ETC, WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGY IT WOULD BE SIMPLE TO PROVE THAT THEY WERE FAKE. DO YOU BELIEVE IT WAS FAKE ? </font color>

44 years later , they cant count votes. <font color="blue"> Who cannot count votes???I believe the issue is not whether these people can count, but rather what they chose to count. Try not to mix this up as they are quite different. </font color>

<font color="red"> WHO CHOSE NOT TO COUNT ? FROM WHAT YOU SAY , THE DEMOCRATS WANTED TO COUNT AND THE REPUBLICANS DIDNT. </font color>

Strange. <font color="blue"> Yes you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Another issue you have not included in all of this was the counties that were re-counted, the precincts within those counties especially...All the re-counting that went on happened in predominantly Democratic areas. The dems were doing everything they could to get more votes for themselves without worrying about re-counting in the Rep dominant counties. Why doesn't that bother you????????

<font color="red"> I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS . </font color>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Q

Qtec
08-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Sid, my hat's off to you . You are a brave man .

I hope this doesnt exclude you from the raffle .

Thanks for your support.

Its 3 against the CB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
08-12-2003, 11:24 AM
eg8r, do you really think that ?

All I do is turn on the pc, check the news , and there it is . I dont need to search .

Pick up a story , follow it , find more info on the backround and BINGO.

The fact is , its almost impossible to miss this stuff.

You read what you want to read . eg eg8r and the hiring of an outside agency to handle the voting register.

Q

eg8r
08-12-2003, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SO THEY DIDNT COUNT ALL THE VOTES. iF YOU DONT COUNT ALL THE VOTES , ITS A CHEAT.
<hr /></blockquote> Then you agree the dems were trying to cheat. They were refusing the military votes to be added into the count. They were also refusing to recount all the Florida votes instead they only wanted to recount the dem heavy county votes.

[ QUOTE ]
WHAT NUMBER DO YOU HAVE. I AM GOING BY THE OFFICIAL RESULT. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly, this is not the true number because there were a lot of votes that were not counted (military votes, and supposed black voters who did not get a fair chance to vote).

[ QUOTE ]
CHECK THE LAWSUIT. I THINK A FEW ARE MENTIONED. <hr /></blockquote> I did not look to see if you replied to that post of mine, however where in the process is that lawsuit. Given the one you linked, there was no date of filing. In an example in which I am asking, would be one that is of truth. If a lawsuit is still pending or lost then it is not a factual example. Thanks for trying.

[ QUOTE ]
Why did they decide to hire a private company ? If I remember correctly the link that naz gave, it states that is how it is done. Hire a private company.

WRONG. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME . CHECK AGAIN.
<hr /></blockquote> Nope, here is the quote from Naz's article... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Clayton Roberts:</font><hr> We have a statute that says we have to have a private company to do this. <hr /></blockquote> What is wrong with what I said????

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you say , the whole Florida debacle leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most decent Americans. You are right, it does, however what exactly did I say that makes you think I feel differently????

YOU SEEM TO IMPLY THAT ITS ACCEPTABLE.
<hr /></blockquote> Please do not change the subject of your original question. You said..."Whatever you say" implying that I had said something different to your point (later in the sentence), then you continue with "Florida debacle...leaving bad taste, etc". I asked you, when did I say any different, meaning did I ever in the past say that the Florida incident never left a bad taste. Just show me where I said anything different.

I did not imply that anything was "acceptable". What I did do was agree with you. Why is that so hard to understand, or do you just like to put things in my mouth (figure of speech).

[ QUOTE ]
I BASE MY THEORIES ON FACT. IF THE RECORDINGS ON THE MOON , WITH THE SPACE HOP , FLAG ETC, WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGY IT WOULD BE SIMPLE TO PROVE THAT THEY WERE FAKE. DO YOU BELIEVE IT WAS FAKE ? <hr /></blockquote> What is your fact???Because they said so???? If it is simple to prove they were fake, then were they ever fact????

[ QUOTE ]
WHO CHOSE NOT TO COUNT ? FROM WHAT YOU SAY , THE DEMOCRATS WANTED TO COUNT AND THE REPUBLICANS DIDNT.
<hr /></blockquote> I think you are getting a bit mixed up. The dems did not want to re-count the whole state, they chose only specific places to re-count. The dems did not want to recount the Rep dominant counties. For fear of losing more ground? I don't know but they were adamant about the counties they wanted to recount and those were only democrat heavy counties. I am not sure how you confused this with Rep not wanting to recount. When did I say that?

[ QUOTE ]
I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS . <hr /></blockquote> I guess I missed it.

eg8r
08-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh I believe it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2003, 12:30 PM
<font color="blue"> This is a number you hear in the liberal media which excludes all the military votes that were not allowed to be counted. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <font color="red"> WHAT NUMBER DO YOU HAVE. I AM GOING BY THE OFFICIAL RESULT.</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

There were over 2000 absentee military ballots not counted. The Dems sued to exclude them. The original envelopes were printed without a precint number or something. Some election officials wrote the numbers in by hand. That was the Dems' justification for not counting them. It is common knowledge those ballots would have been 80% Republican.

Qtec
08-12-2003, 01:06 PM
This was tit for tat.

2000 votes compared to 60,000.

58,000 votes excluded. The company who handled the register were 95% WRONG and GW won by 650 votes .

Tell me , how many votes did GW win by ?

....in his BROTHER,s state ?

Is it just another coincidence that all the fuss was in Florida ?

Somebody with more of an understanding of maths should be able to work out the odds of the problem with the count happening in FL and the odds that the Governer there is your BROTHER.

Q

The Republicans wanted the proxy vote included, but saw no problem with excluding , 60,000 people ? In these circumstances would you expect the Dems to agree?

Just a guess, I think at least 10 million people were excluded from the voters list . And thats only the prison inmates ,the people on parole or probation .

If the Govt locks up 51% of the population , they can rule forever. They probably only need 20% , to stay in power.

Isnt on of the main arguements of the NRA [ the right to bear arms ] is to ensure that the people can take up arms against a Govt [ hostile ] , if it is neccessary to protect the Constitution and all that ?

Q

1.6 trillion dollars has been handed to the top 1% in tax cuts.

Thats a fact.

Sick , isnt it .

Q

who do you think your Govt. works for ? The ordinary American ?

Rod
08-12-2003, 01:24 PM
R

eg8r
08-12-2003, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There were over 2000 absentee military ballots not counted. The Dems sued to exclude them. The original envelopes were printed without a precint number or something. Some election officials wrote the numbers in by hand. That was the Dems' justification for not counting them. It is common knowledge those ballots would have been 80% Republican. <hr /></blockquote> It is funny how the dems wanted to follow the rules strictly here, however when following the rules for the correct way to make a legal and valid vote, the dems ignored every part of the law. They tried to cheat and still lost. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Well Q you can stand by the 58,000 number all you want but it is bogus. If that number was truthful and "proveable (sp?)" then there would have been more lawsuits. The Dems had no problem suing when they thought they could win, why would they not sue now when this all came to light?

eg8r

Qtec
08-13-2003, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Florida adopted its purge program in the aftermath of the 1997 Miami mayoral race, which was so marred by crooked voting that courts later reversed the outcome. The state contracted with Database Technologies (which soon was bought by ChoicePoint Inc. of Atlanta) to compile a central list of Floridians who were ineligible to vote -- notably, convicted felons -- and cross-match them with voter rolls.

In June 2000, on the basis of ChoicePoint's results, the Florida Division of Elections ordered county election officials to remove from their registries some 58,000 residents unless the counties had evidence that they were not in fact convicted felons.

One of those 58,000 was Linda Howell, who says she has never committed a felony. Her protest was immediately taken seriously, since she happens to be Madison County's election supervisor . The false accusation shook her faith in the purge process: "It really is a mess," she told me afterward.

Another was the Rev. Willie D. Whiting Jr. In fact, Whiting's rap sheet contains a single traffic ticket. His biggest "crime" was his resemblance on paper to Willie J. Whiting (no Jr.), a convicted felon born two days after the reverend
<hr /></blockquote>

There,s lots more .

Q

Qtec
08-13-2003, 03:26 AM
I guess you dont believe the US Commission for Civil Rights.

http://www.usccr.gov/

Q

Go to , Voting Irregularities 2000 &gt; Executive Summary.

Qtec
08-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Here is a summary, for those with short attention spans.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChoicePoint

Q

eg8r
08-13-2003, 07:04 AM
I definitely am not reading all that right now. Please go copy some of the things you feel important and paste them here.

I did not see your answer yet based on the "lawsuit"...When was it filed with the state? Surely that is not a fake lawsuit on their website.

Also, please tell me why there was no news about 58,000 going to the polls to vote who were then turned away. I never once saw any footage of this happening. Surely, with the liberal control over our media in Florida, there would have been at least one TV station showing video feeds of thousands of people being sent away and not allowed to vote. 58,000 is a large number of people to hide don't you think????????? Is there somewhere in the protocol a step that informs these people they were removed so they just never showed up at the polls? Doubt it, they would be there protesting. Don't you think if that list was close to the correct amount at least an average % would have showed up and tried to vote and were turned away, if they were never told beforehand they were not allowed???? Where was the press when this was all going down.

The only people that are complaining about not being allowed to vote were the military people and the black people. So far not one single black person has won a case in the state of Florida. I do not even remember a single person getting in a court room yet. As far as the military personnel they are pretty well documented. We heard about all of this during the news storm as it was happening. We heard about the black voters who were "turned" away or were not allowed to vote, we also heard about all the military votes that were not counted.

The funny thing is that we never heard about the 58,000 people that were removed from the voter polls because their names were removed from some list. You of all people should think that sounds a bit fishy.

Please I would like your answers instead of a link to another website. 1. When was that lawsuit filed, where is it in the court system/process, 2. Why no video footage of 58,000 people being turned away from the polls?

eg8r

eg8r
08-13-2003, 07:19 AM
I am currently reading through that site, but this quote cracks me up and throws all credibility out the window for Greg Palast.... [ QUOTE ]
The allegations charge that 57,700 people (15% of the list), primarily Democrats of African-American and Hispanic descent, were incorrectly listed as felons and thus barred from voting. Palast estimates that 80% of these people would have voted, and that 90% of them would have voted for Al Gore.The offical (and disputed) margin of victory, in the election, was 537 votes. <hr /></blockquote> I sure would like to see how he came to these conclusions...There is no precedence showing such a high percentage would show up to the polls (at least none that I am aware of).

eg8r

Fran Crimi
08-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey naz,

Don't you know that in politics everybody cheats? One of the most famous cheats of all time is the election rigged by Mayor Daly of Chicago to give JFK just barely enough electoral votes to win the 1960 Presidential election. If it wasn't for the rigging by Daly and his mob crew that gave JFK Illinois, Nixon would have won the presidency.

In fact, do a net search on rigged elections. You'll come up with stuff all around the world.

It stinks, I know, but that's the way they do it. The ones you read about are just the ones who get caught.

The problem is that people don't do a whole lot about it because everyone's got something on the other guy. How can you prosecute or turn someone in, when you're corrupt yourself, and by turning someone in, you know the're going to get even with you and expose your corruption?

Fran

Qtec
08-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Hey, Fran , nice to see you back posting.

It probably wont surprise you , but I dont agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you know that in politics everybody cheats? <hr /></blockquote>

All politicians are cheats , so that makes it ok.
I see.

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, do a net search on rigged elections. You'll come up with stuff all around the world.

<hr /></blockquote>

We are specifically talking about the Florida 2000 elections. Or do you think the US should have the same standards as say , Zimbabwe , Somalia or the Congo .
Do the Iraqis know that their election will be rigged ?

If this is the state of affairs in America , why bother to have elections in the first place.

eg8r asked me why there was video footage of people being turned away from the polls. I say there must be , it just doesnt get shown on tv.

Just to show that the press is not political.

Fact: When Bill C was president , there was a big hooha about him being a draft dodger. 13,500 times this was brought up on tv.

Gw , went AWOL for the last 2 years of his military service [ as a reserve ]. Although this was know before the election , the first article about this was only shown 1 year after he was elected. So far on tv , it has been brought up no less than 60 times.

There is a whole website dedicated to this subject . AWOL GW, or something.

Fact: in 1985 there were 50 independant news companies , now there are 6 who control more than 90% of the news that you see on tv and read in your newspapers. Its much easier now to bury news stories now.

Q

Fran Crimi
08-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey Q, was I gone? I hadn't realized.

Geez...I'm agreeing with you guys and you're debating me? That's a first. I wish I could debate you back but I have no idea what we'd be debating about.

Where in my post did I write that it's ok to rig elections because everyone does it?

Fran

Qtec
08-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Sorry Fran , I didnt realize you were agreeing . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wouldnt say all politicians are cheats tho.
The difference with this election fiasco was that even now some people deny that there was any conspiracy to defraud.

Q