PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful tribute

Candyman
08-09-2003, 10:00 PM
http://www.pressaprint.com/som/wesupportu2.htm

This link pays a wonderful tribute to men and women in our country's services. I am in awe of the sacrifices they make for our freedom and I am so proud of each and every one of them.

Qtec
08-10-2003, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> http://www.pressaprint.com/som/wesupportu2.htm

This link pays a wonderful tribute to men and women in our country's services. I am in awe of the sacrifices they make for our freedom and I am so proud of each and every one of them. <hr /></blockquote>

Its a disgrace that WW2 is placed in the same context as Iraq.
When the USA entered the war , Europe had already fallen to the Nazi's, except Britain. Where were you when Poland, Holland , France , Belgium , etc were taken ? It took Pearl Harbour to get The US into the war.

9/11 was a crime against humanity and a tragedy, but lets keep it in context. Just because it happened to Americans , does'nt make it extra- special. 2 million people died in the Iraq-Iran war , that the USA had a hand in. But of course, they were non Americans.
Every time I post something that calling attention to an injustice, somebody comes up with this 'Jingoistic'[ Fred , this is the right context in which to use the word... Q ] claptrap, instead of an answer.
Ask yourself for what have the grunts in Iraq died for?

WW2 was about freedom. The right to say what you want and the right to choose who leads your country. Did you see the post from nAz? Did anybody?
The President is elected by cheating and lying to the people who he is supposed to represent and it does'nt matter ?

Anybody who dies for his country has my respect. I am never talking about the ordinary guy .

Do you really think that GW or DR will lose one nights sleep over the tragic death of your ordinary grunt?

If you want to discuss , I,m here . Just dont use anymore of this propaganda BS to justify GW and his cronies.
The American people are being used. Their patriotism is being exploited .

Dont buy it .

Q

Rich R.
08-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Q, why do you believe the U.S. is obligated to police the rest of the world?
Like any other country, we look after our own interests. When we are attacked, as in Pearl Harbor or the World Trade Center, we fight back.

It should not be the responsibility of one country to keep peace, throughout the entire world. Every country has to do their share. JMHO.
How often does your country send troops to fight for peace in other countries?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-10-2003, 11:08 AM
TAP. TAP. Rich

Qtec
08-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Rich, the only ones that think that the US is the policeman of the world ,is the US themselves. This is purely an American perception.
Where do you hear all this ? Answer; on American TV, newspapers[ to a lesser extent] and propoganda clips like the one from Candyman. Or from your own politicians who like to tell the voters how great America is .
Where do these clips come from ?

Why do you see everything as a question of patriotism ? Is it a coincidence that the Act that was rushed through in a record amount of time [ the same Act that now many states and institutions are fighting against] has the same name? The Patriot Act.
Tell me , who, after 9/11 will vote against something called the Patriot Act. This was a technique used by the Nazi's and you own Govt is doing the same .

Imagine, you go to a Library and the book that you read or loan , goes straight into the Secrtet Service computer . They build up a file that can later be used against you as evidence of your treason.

Reading Karl Marx or Lenon would be enough to put you away , if they wanted to .

If 19 people can be sentenced to prison sentences between 10 and 99 years on the word of one crooked cop with a smile and a pair of cowboy boots[ YES&gt; TULIA ] your ass is grass.

Q

Rich R.
08-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Q, your not making sense.

First you complained that the U.S. did not get into WWII soon enough and now you are saying that the U.S. is the only country that thinks we are the policeman of the world.

Make up your mind. You either want us to come and save your butt, or you want us to stay out and let the radical dictators take over. Which will it be?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

nAz
08-10-2003, 11:30 AM
everytime i see the word NAZI i keep mistaking it for NAZ /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

~~Naz not the police man of the world

Qtec
08-10-2003, 11:38 AM
A few facts .

America invaded Iraq because Saddam was thinking about producing WMD.

The US is putting pressure on Iran because they have an nuclear power station.

They are putting pressure on N.Korea because they have a nuclear power station and MIGHT have the possibility to produce a bomb.

The US, who have never signed a Test Treaty , have at this perfect momment , decided to go ahead with the developement of mini- WMD.

HOW CLEVER. Or does that just show contempt for the rest of the world.

Puke Puke Puke . It makes me sick !

How can you expect anyone to believe a single word that comes out the mouth of anybody with authority ?

The ordinary people of America are the only ones that can bring a halt to this madness.

What happens?

'I,m too scared to talk about it because everybody will think i"m not a PATRIOT'.

I think a few people should look up the defInition of Patriotism.

Its means loyalty to ones country , not ones government.

Q

Candyman
08-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Q, this was a tribute to our military. GW and DR had nothing to do with it. Analysts would have a field day trying to figure out how your brain functions. BTW, we have an all volunteer military. They are there by choices they made. You should have more respect for the USA considering what we did for Britain in WWII. If the Pacifist had gotten their way after Pearl, you, my friend, would be speaking German. Regard, LWM

Qtec
08-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Candyman, read my post . I mean no disrespect to the people who have fallen in combat . They KNEW the risks and they KNEW what they were fighting for . To die for an ideal is one thing , to die for a power play by a pro- Israel think tank is another .

I have many relatives who are buried in France . My father was at Dunkirk . I know .............no, I dont know , I can only imagine.

I do know that if it wasn't for W.Churchill , the UK would have made a deal .
After all , we are also Ayrian! It could have been the easy way out .

Some people are born for a reason or maybe a momment.

WC was one .

I would be angry if my son died in Iraq and nobody could tell me WHY.

Q

Candyman
08-10-2003, 12:30 PM
I feel that you are a good guy and meant no disrespect to our military men and women. You have made up your mine that the US has some grand scheme to takeover the Middle East and Israel is the reason. It is not that simple. If it was we could have done that years ago. It is all about keeping stability in the region. The UN has proven that they are not up to the job. If somebody doesn't step up to the plate and keep the area WMD free, the whole world is going to be in the same situation as we were in the Cold War. I know I don't want to have to live in that kind of world again.
As far as us being Pro-Israel goes, I know I am. God led them to that land. They are the only people in the world that can truly say they own their land. You may not believe in God, but if you do, you know that is the Promised Land.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Qtec,

So worked up on the USA invasions and how we are all 'little sheep' being led by lying government officials.

Wished you lived here in the USA to help straighten out all the messes you seem to be so involved with.

You obviously have a handle on the situation, do you need cash?

Qtec
08-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Candyman , all I will say is that there are a lot of religions in the world that believe in God. They do not all reach the same conclusion as you.

Do the Aboriginies [?] own Australia.

Do the Original Americans[ Apache, Blackfoot etc own the USA and Canada.

Do the Mexicans own Texas ?

How far back do you want to go .

The Indians did not understand the concept of owning land . That's mans idea. Not God's.

How can you own something that has existed for millions of years, before you were born , and will exist for millions of years after you are dead . Its not a fact its an idea.

When you die , you cant take anything with you.

Q

Candyman
08-10-2003, 02:38 PM
No to all of the above.The only mention of who owns land in the Bible are the Israelites.See Joshua 1:1-6

After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord,
the Lord spoke to Joshua son of Nun,
Moses' assistant, saying,
"My servant Moses is dead.
Now arise and cross the Jordan,
you and all this people,
into the land that I am giving to them,
to the Israelites.

Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon
I have given to you,
as I promised to Moses.
From the wilderness and the Lebanon
as far as the great river, the river Euphrates,
all the land of the Hittites,
to the Great Sea in the west
shall be your territory.

No one shall be able to stand against you
all the days of your life.
As I was with Moses,
so I will be with you;
I will not fail you or forsake you.
Be strong and courageous;
for you shall put this people in possession
of the land that I swore to their ancestors
to give them."

As far as all of the religions of the world are concerned, only one can be right. I am committed to Christianity and "The Holy Bible" is my operators manual. Many, many secular people have tried to disprove the writings in this book and all have failed. On the contrary, many writting have been unearthed to back-up it's contents.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2003, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Candyman , all I will say is that there are a lot of religions in the world that believe in God. They do not all reach the same conclusion as you.

Do the Aboriginies [?] own Australia.

Do the Original Americans[ Apache, Blackfoot etc own the USA and Canada.

Do the Mexicans own Texas ?

How far back do you want to go .

The Indians did not understand the concept of owning land . That's mans idea. Not God's.

<font color="blue">You are misinformed. Before we got here the Indian tribes slaughtered each other and pushed one another all over North America, back and forth, for centuries. What we did to them was no different than they did to each other. Don't believe the romantic stories of the peaceful Native American. </font color>

How can you own something that has existed for millions of years, before you were born , and will exist for millions of years after you are dead . Its not a fact its an idea.

When you die , you cant take anything with you.

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
08-11-2003, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are misinformed. Before we got here the Indian tribes slaughtered each other and pushed one another all over North America, back and forth, for centuries. What we did to them was no different than they did to each other. Don't believe the romantic stories of the peaceful Native American.

<hr /></blockquote>

Tom, the fact that the Native Americans were thriving whem the first Europeans hit land ,shows that after centuries without outside interference, they had reached a state of equilibrium. They had customs, laws and beliefs. More importantly , they had respect for all living things and the enviroment that fed them.

When the New Americans started heading west, there were heards of buffalo ,so big they stretched as far as the eye could see.[ from all accounts].
We know what the smarter New American did about that.
At the latter stages the killing of buffalo was being used as a tactic to force the tribes into submission.

Lets face it , we Europeans like to think that we are civilised . The reality is far from it.
Its just an illusion that we like to believe in.

The Native Americans were doing fine till we came along.
The Aboriginies...............ditto
The Aztecs / Native S Americans [ Mayan ?] ditto.

Everywhere we go we cause havoc and the indiginous population gets the worst of it.

There is no justification of what the west did to the NAs. To attempt to do so is futile and quite frankly , could only come from an American.

We are not to be trusted.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2003, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

....Tom,

<font color="blue">That was me, not Tom </font color>

....The Aztecs / Native S Americans [ Mayan ?] ditto.

<font color="blue">Yeah, except for that little human sacrifice custom LOL </font color>

Everywhere we go we cause havoc and the indiginous population gets the worst of it.

<font color="blue">Yeah I'm sure India and Hong Kong and Australia would be much more advanced civilizations now had the British never showed up [sarcasm] Give me a break. </font color>

There is no justification of what the west did to the NAs. To attempt to do so is futile and quite frankly , could only come from an American.

We are not to be trusted.

<font color="blue">Geez, a self-hating left winger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Q

<hr /></blockquote>