PDA

View Full Version : I must say this...please read

cueball1950
08-09-2003, 10:06 PM
I have met alot of people in my life time who play pool and have a love of the game. But none of them can even compare to the GREAT people i have met on this board. Some of you i have met in person some by only your comments posted on here. You Great people have shown your true love for people in general in your comments posted here when my grandson was sick recently and in your comments and prayers whenever a board member gets sick or has a sick family member or friend. Your precious thoughts and prayers and the coming together of all board members in their postings makes me feel like this is all one big happy family.Even more it makes me feel i belong to a special group of people. I know this all sounds mushy, but you are all special to me and my family. I printed out all of your comments to show my son when Aden was sick and he was overwhelmed by the support all of you showed and he wanted me to thank all of you for your prayers. So thank you from His family and mine. Hopefully soon i will post a picture of Aden so you can all see him......thank you again...see most of you in Sept. at the Open.......................................Mike

Karatemom
08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
The feeling is mutual, Mike.

Heide ~ loves her CCB family

pooljunkie73
08-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Mike,

I don't think thanks are neccesary when asking for prayer's for a sick child.It's just something any real caring human would do.I am glad to hear he is doing better, kids have a habit of bouncing back from illness pretty well.

I agree with you about CCB being like a family.Actually, i enjoy read everyone's post's better than talking to most of my family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well except reading Q's post's (just kiddin Q ).I think 90% of the people on here have never met, but, we all have the common love of pool and a desire to interact with people like us.

Everyone of us has a story to tell and this gives us a common ground to tell it.Whether some of us want to hear that story or not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kent Mc.

CarolNYC
08-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Hey Mike,
I agree! I've met MANY of the people on this talkboard and hope to meet others, but the ones I've met, I definitely established a friendship- I'll always have an email saying,"how are you""miss you" 'hope to see you soon"and its great when you have met the person because there is no misunderstandings when they write, you actually HEAR there voice:):):)
The majority of this board is full of support and encouragement and knowledge and thats the way it should be-theres alot of good people out there and all because of POOL!:):):)
Just think, if 100,000 people at Woodstock can have 3 days of fun and music and nothing but fun and music, theres no reason why 1000 people cant have fun and pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif:):):)
Glad everything turned out okay!
You take care!
Carol~awaiting the picture of your grandson!:):):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
08-10-2003, 09:45 AM
cueball1950,

Somehow I missed that your grandson was sick but I sure am glad he is on the mend. A good friend of mine just went thru three days of hell with their only child and ifant...sounds like the 'crew' here did another good job...good for you and your family.

rackmup
08-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Miles and miles separate us all, for some, our only link is this forum and yet, complete strangers feel like neighbors. Ask for prayers and they are received (and thank God, thus far answered!)

Other "benefits" of the CCB:
<ul type="square"> New pool friends. Deals on equipment and repairs. Gifts from people we have never met. Birthday wishes when otherwise none would have been received. Holiday greetings. Birth announcements. Gevalia coffee when a guy was a little down and out and void of that morning jolt. Financial help. The anticipation of meeting someone you have only known through written words. Joys. Sorrows and the sharing of such. Really good pecans. Sexy 9-ball girls. Good debates. Knockdown-dragout discussions. Humor. Space Aliens. Voodoo. Oddly colored canines. Pool-playing Beagles and their pets. Road trips. Redheads at unfamiliar pool halls. Confirmation that all women from NYC are not so "hard." [/list]

The CCB is a great place, sometimes a trying place, other times a place for answers to questions and always a place where friends come together in spirit.

I am happy your prayers have been answered. What a wonderful God we have.

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
08-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Ditto.

Rod
08-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Mike,

Yes, we have quite the group here don't we? Most important is your little grandson come through this with flying colors. I'm very happy all turned out well. I won't see any of you at the open but ya'all have fun for me.

Rod

WesK
08-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Absolutely.

Take care, Mike.

wes

Kato
08-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey, I made the list!!!!!!! I'll be seeing you in about 9 days time.

PS. Cut it out with that birthday crap. I thought your birthday was tomorrow?

Kato

Qtec
08-10-2003, 03:08 PM
I was expecting something like: "and Q". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

az sucks.

Q

I feel as if I have many friends here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

They are just shy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
08-10-2003, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Cut it out with that birthday crap. I thought your birthday was tomorrow?
<hr /></blockquote>

My mistake.

I just found the papers that state I have been legally absolved of ever having another birthday.

Yes, 8-11 marks the anniversary of my birth but I am now no longer legally aging. I am forever stuck at age 29.

Regards,

Ken (feeling young again)

Karatemom
08-10-2003, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> My mistake.

I just found the papers that state I have been legally absolved of ever having another birthday.

Yes, 8-11 marks the anniversary of my birth but I am now no longer legally aging. I am forever stuck at age 29.

Regards,

Ken (feeling young again) <hr /></blockquote>Well, Happy 29th Birthday, from one Leo to another. I, too, will be 29 forever.

Heide ~ RRROAR

Tom_In_Cincy
08-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Last year I celebrated the 26th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

WoW.. somethings never change

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2003, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>
.....I won't see any of you at the open but <font color="red"> ya'all have fun for me. </font color>

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Rod,

I will accept that challenge and strive to fulfill it to the utmost of my ability. It's the least I can do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally~~will party for Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2003, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>

.....makes me feel like this is all one big happy family.......<hr /></blockquote>

Yep. One big dysfunctional family /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mike, I'm so glad your grandson is better. Having been in a similar situation I know how you felt. Hope all goes well in the future. See you in Sept.