PDA

View Full Version : Drunks

Qtec
08-10-2003, 03:21 PM
One of the posters recently had some problem in a PH.

I have worked my fair share of pool halls/ snookers halls and the like. My question is , "what are the Rules for handling drunks".

Or 'How do you handle people who have had too much to drink'?

To start the ball rolling, my own rule #1 is ;

You cant argue with a drunk .Dont try it . There is no point. Reason does not exist anymore for people who are drunk.

Q

Candyman
08-10-2003, 04:26 PM
I will tell them to be careful, there is an undercover officer in the room or be careful when you leave. A drug/alcohol check point is set-up down the street. Always screw with their head. Works every time.

Popcorn
08-11-2003, 09:04 AM
I always knew when I was about to cut someone off. I would never confront them with an all of a sudden refusal to sell them a drink. When they would come up for what I knew was to be their last drink. I would tell them that this was going to be the last for the night and it is on me, but after that they were done. I never had a problem. The problem comes from being confrontational. In the course of a whole night you may have only one like that, it is not much of a problem. I never had any trouble with drunks, the problems often start when some customer thinks he is going to step in an help me out. I found drunks no problem to deal with at all if you know what you are doing.