PDA

View Full Version : How many cues to you have?

Jay
08-10-2003, 05:28 PM
How many cues do you have that you actually use when you go out to play. I know that most have a regular playing cue and some have a playing cue and a jump/break cue. how many playing cues do you have

Tom_In_Cincy
08-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I play with a 2002 Pete Omen cue.
And a Jump Cue.

Rod
08-10-2003, 05:57 PM

Karatemom
08-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Now that has to be the shortest post I've ever seen! HAHAHAHAHA. Rod, you crack me up!

Heide

Karatemom
08-10-2003, 06:10 PM
I have a jump cue, which I have nowhere near mastered the art of yet, and 2 playing cues. Now if I could only figure out how to use them, LOL. I should use one of them as a break cue, however, I only have a 1 x 2 case.

Heide ~ CC, if you read this, hint, hint, LOL

Rod
08-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Heide,
I'm a man of few words -- today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif So, how much lumber do you take to the PH?

Rod

L.S. Dennis
08-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I have two old Willie Hoppe cues (one of which was either my first or second cue bought from Dorothy Wise) a helmstettter playing cue, a viking break cue and a Joss Jump cue.

griffith_d
08-10-2003, 06:52 PM
I have two,..a Pechauer for playing, and Meucci with 314 shaft and Red Dot shaft. I use the Meucci for breaking with the 314.

I think I will start using the 314 for certain full length draw shots, since it is easier with the 314 and then finish playing with the Pech.

I am waiting,..tap tap tap, for my Blackheart to be finished. I am anxious to see how it plays. It will be a Cocobolo with a black handle.

Griff

dg-in-centralpa
08-10-2003, 06:54 PM
I carry 2 cues. A predator for my break and a Richard Black as my playing cue. I have one of Robin Dodson's Frog jump cues but have not mastered it enough to take out with me. I have a Meucci and a Schon that I don't use except to collect dust.

Kato
08-10-2003, 06:56 PM
I play with a new Omen custom and have an old Cuetec break/jump. That's the lumber I take to the room with me. I've got a couple old Helmstetters in the closet.

Kato

Fred Agnir
08-11-2003, 07:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> How many cues do you have that you actually use when you go out to play. I know that most have a regular playing cue and some have a playing cue and a jump/break cue. how many playing cues do you have <hr /></blockquote>

I carry a shooting cue, a breaking cue, and a jump cue.

Fred

Keith Talent
08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Playing cue and break cue, and, since last week, have been toting along a Lucasi jump cue. Probably wouldn't whip that out in anything but a casual game because I've had but one practice session with it, which I cut short when I noticed the PH manager peering around a post at the source of all the ugly noise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Felt guilty, even though I had picked the most beat-up table.

Be glad to see jumping banned right now ... it's a dirty, nasty habit, like my father's Tiparillos, or bolting down hot sausages from street carts.

HalSmith
08-11-2003, 08:54 AM
I carry a one of a kind Olivier, Olivier break and jump cue and a nice Shon in a 3 butt 5 shaft Instroke case.---Smitty

dooziexx
08-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I carry 3 cues to the PH. Mike Bender cue for playing, Arnot for breaking and Bunjee for jumping. I have 2 other Benders and 2 Scruggs that are collecting dust at home.

TomBrooklyn
08-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Two. A Hank Thompson sneaky pete to play with, and a National Break/Jump.

Ryan
08-11-2003, 11:42 AM
The only cue I use now is a Nitti that I had made last year. I still own a Cuetec that I bought as a break cue when I shot with a Meucci, but since it doesn't break as well as the Nitti, it's just collecting dust.

RedHell
08-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Three cues:

Falcon Predator shaft (shooter)
Cuetec Strickland (breaker)
Knock-off Bunjee (Jumper)

I carry 2 shafts with my Cuetec, one with a x-hard Talisman tip for breaking and one with a soft Talisman to borrow the cue to friends that don't own one.

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 12:04 PM
I have a blue McDermott (never use anymore)
a beat up Tim Scruggs sneaky pete (never use anymore)
and play with a Vancouver local maker Schavè cue on loan while he makes my custom.

Voodoo Daddy
08-11-2003, 12:13 PM
I break, jump and miss with a Dennis Searing w/ 2 shafts...carried inna 1/2 George

WesK
08-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Then, of course, there are your fingers... do they count?

RedHell
08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Fingers only no, but fingers extensions should be listed /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rukiddingme
08-11-2003, 02:19 PM
I play with one cue at a time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just bought a Nitti sneaky pete and currently take that to the PH.
I also have a Schuler, Sailor and Tragger cue.

Jimmy B
08-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Griff are you serious??? You have a special cue just for long straight draw shots??? What's next?
Special bank cue?
JB

griffith_d
08-12-2003, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Griff are you serious??? You have a special cue just for long straight draw shots??? What's next?
Special bank cue?
JB <hr /></blockquote>

I guess you could call it special,..it is my old cue Meucci/314 that I used for playing, but now I have a new Pechauer that is my playing cue, but the 314 is better for drawing with ease, but overall the Pech plays better. So if I have a difficult draw and I do not want to worry about making it, the 314 will do it.

I see other players where I play that do the same thing,..for jumps they have their jump, for playing their playing, for breaking their breaking and then for special shots they have their special cue for whatever.

Hey,...if it works and you have the cues,..use them.

Griff

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 06:06 AM
Two.

bw

Jay
08-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Ive always wondered how exactly the 314 makes it easier to make draw shots. everyone says it but how does it make it easier

cycopath
08-12-2003, 09:37 AM
I take my Schön for play
my Lucasi LSS2 J/B for breaking
and my old Joss just incase someone wants to borrow my cue, I'll give em that one instead of my Schön.

UWPoolGod
08-12-2003, 10:04 AM
You have a special cue just for long straight draw shots??? What's next? &lt;-- Jimmy B

Yeah my stupid friend bought a plain cocobolo cue, from the local maker I am having do mine, that is 59" long. For some reason he can't draw with it (I think it is the soft tip), so if he has a draw shot he will pull out his 57" National cue to draw with (hard tipped). He can draw with that...but I told him that if he is going to pay $300 for a custom cue it better WORK!! Told him to take the thing back and get it retipped and maybe take the shaft down a little bit. He still, as of today, hasn't...but still complains. And he lives ONE MILE from the guy. Sad.

Todd

cycopath
08-12-2003, 10:13 AM
I bet just one hour with Scott Lee would make all the difference in the world for your friend. He'd get that draw working.

griffith_d
08-12-2003, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I bet just one hour with Scott Lee would make all the difference in the world for your friend. He'd get that draw working. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey cyco,...do not blow the "special cue" out of proportion,..I said the 314 does a better/less effort job on full table length draw,..so I will use it occasionly. I have no problem with my draw 99.9999% of the time I only play with the Pechauer,....geeezzzzz

Griff

Bob_in_Cincy
08-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I carry the same number that I own: 2

Bob_in_Cincy

Fred Agnir
08-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Today, for silly reasons, I'm sitting at my desk with 5 cues.

Fred &lt;~~~ sick, sick, sick

9 Ball Slim
08-13-2003, 03:12 AM
I carry my McDermott "A" player and a McDermott break cue any where I can keep my case under my control. I travel a lot, and with the airlines security guys getting crazy about carrying a cue case on board these days, I travel with a McDermott Genesis series cue that I'm less emotionaly attached to. I also carry a 2pc Duffren house cue to break with. I keep both in a seperate cue case that I only use for travel.

bell
08-14-2003, 06:16 PM
An Al Romero Sneaky Pete for bar tables.
Cousins Custom Cue (Gary Wright) for uptown and one-hole.