PDA

View Full Version : Caesars Palace 9 ball tourney

Hopster
08-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Mondays nights for the last two weeks there has been a tourney going on in the Shadow bar at Caesars Palace. They set up two bar boxes and have tvs on them and they are shown on the screen in the bar. Im told its going to be a few week long thing and the winner gets to play Jeanette Lee a race for a $1000. Its supposed to be sponsored by Canadian Club whiskey i beleive. I havent had a chance to go in the bar and ask any questions yet but i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this online or anywhere else. If its running tomorrow night i will try to get some answers.

Steve Lipsky
08-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Hey Hopster. I am not sure about this Canadian Club thing, but I was wondering: the next time you are in Caesar's, why don't you ask the concierge if he knows anything about the Million Dollar tournament supposedly taking place there?

Then you can let him know that the name of the hotel has been spelled wrong on the tournament flyer for about 3 months. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

Scott Lee
08-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Hopster...That is a legit promotion, being run by Canadien Club. This is the 3rd year, and the 2nd year Jeanette has been involved. Jeanette will play the local winners, and if you beat her, you win $1000. I believe you also get a chance to get a shot at $1,000,000 for a break, or something like that. They've done this before with basketball, and other sports.

Scott Lee

Hopster
08-11-2003, 11:24 PM
I wasnt able to get any more info other than rumors from a friend of mine, but they played tonight. it supposed to last another few weeks. I did see a page about it in back of the bar and it had jeanettes pic on it. $1500 first prize i beleive.
I also spoke to the concierge at Caesars and they didnt know anything about the $1,000,000 challenge thing in december.
Oh well.