PDA

View Full Version : Here...Again

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 01:21 AM
When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun.
Then you grow up and learn to be cautious.
You could break a bone, or a heart.
You look before you leap & sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not someone always there to catch you.
And in life there's no safety net.

When did it stop being fun?
And start being scary?

I don't know when, but one day I'll leave the revisited fear behind and leap again...

Wendy~~~okay, someone take me out of my misery...

rackmup
08-11-2003, 03:37 AM
There is no explanation for the cruelty life tosses our way.

Just as we begin to s-l-i-d-e into that little niche' known as a comfort zone, someone lobs a whoopy-cushion under our butts and there we stand, red-faced and befuddled.

"Why me?" we ask. "Everyone else is so happy, why not me?" we demand.

The answer? I don't really think there is one and if there is, I'm living proof that I don't know what it is!

It's easy to say and difficult to do but the best advice I can give you is to be patient. It will come to you. It's like when you misplace the television remote:

You look everywhere and just as you give up and plop down in your favorite chair, there it is...right under your nose all along.

I feel for you. I recently came to the grim realization that I was destined to constantly look for that darned remote!

Regards,

Ken

Karatemom
08-11-2003, 06:41 AM
I stopped wondering "Why is this happening to me?" a long time ago. I figured out that it didn't matter why, all that mattered was that I had to get through it. One day your life is fine, the next, it's turned upside down by circumstances beyond your control. Nothing to do but take life by the horns and roll with it.

My .02

Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
08-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Wendy,

Wish I was there for a hug. You have friends, they can be a great comfort during these times. And, cheaper than a shink.

I'm still trying figuring out this thing called 'life' and all of its ups and downs. Maybe that's the challenge, to continue to continue. I don't know, but it's worth it.

Fun is the reward of hard work, companionship is the reward for finding the meaning of love, which is even more difficult than working.

If it were easy, we'd all live in Texas.

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Life propels us into and through pain, and how we learn from that exposure determines the rest of our lives. As perfect as life seems at any given time, it can change in an instant, and reacting defensively when that happens causes us to harbor more negitive than positive, sadly for the rest of our lives. Is it recoverable? Not totally, because that's life(like ol Blue Eyes sang in his song.) The only time I truly believed that life was good again was in a relationship later on in life after a lengty "relational sabattical", dropped my guard completely, and then was slapped in the face with the reality that people hurt other people, very very few exceptions. So what happens over time is that the magnitude of believing in people is so weak that we quickly find the early warning signs of trouble(and we now have two people looking with defensive eyes mind you), resulting in an almost impossible future.

I've come to this personal conclusion, "If God intends for me to be THAT happy again, He will provide me with it again." Otherwise I'm just thankfull to have decent health and good friends....sid

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Thank you all. I'm just really bitter now. I now know that I won't trust anyone or thing of the male species--just casual friends--that's it. No more boyfriends, no more expectations, that's it. Oh yeah, the reason behind this one, I'm too Americanized and too modern. Blah.

Vapros
08-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Wendy, no doubt we're talking about the end of a relationship here - is that it? Let me note that it's just like your job, your pool, your life. You have to decide before you sign up, just how much you want to risk.

The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

It works the other way, also. If you risk less you can't win as much, but you won't lose as much, either. Plan your gamble before you leave the house. Sadly, you can't have it both ways, but at least you won't get any rude surprises.

Cheer up, pal, because . . . .