PDA

View Full Version : Why the Krispy Creme craze?

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Well Krispy Creme finally made it to Portland and Seattle. Couldn't believe seeing lines out of the doors and cars backed around the block for them. They had to hire police to keep the sanity for the first few weeks. Now don't get me wrong, I like a doughnut as much as the next guy, but the absolute insanity people went through to get them. People even tented out overnight in front of the doors for the first few dozen. Why are they such a craze? I have eaten a few and wouldn't be upset if I had Winchells or Dunkin Doughnuts in its place. Do you guys like them?

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I simply feel Americans are too "preppy prone." Case closed...sid

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 02:40 PM
I love them. Of course I should just rub them on my thighs instead of eating them 'cause that's where they seem to go anyway! LOL! What I like about them is that they're all glazed before anything else. They're baked right on the premises and you can see it on their conveyor belt as they go along. IMO, they're by far way better than Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts can be a little stiff where the Krispy Creme donuts are always soft...

Wendy~~~Mmmmmm. Donuts. Aaaaaahhhh... http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/3345/donut.gif

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 02:47 PM
LOL when you started off by rubbing them on your thighs I thought you were going in another direction LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have never actually been inside one of their stores myself. Too busy when I go through to wait 45 minutes or more for a dozen. Thats good that you can see them cooking throughout the belt. I had an internship at Nabisco for a summer setting up computers and saw the whole interworkings of their cookies.

Todd <--- never eating another WheatThin again

Cueless Joey
08-11-2003, 03:14 PM
The boxes have subliminal messages.
The word sex is hidden somehere there.
That's why a ton of seniors go there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 03:51 PM
My dad said he had 4 while he was doing his paperwork the other day and got a headache after the fact. Sugared Butter...MMMM great for the heart.

Candyman
08-11-2003, 05:13 PM
It was the same thing with Coors Beer before they started shipping east of the Mississippi. If a buddy visited an area near Colorado, it was a must to bring back as many cases as possible. Now that they are here, they are just another brew.
Krispy Kreme started in Winston Salem, which is 30 mins. away and we don"t think anything about it. Any donut will do.

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Yeah a friend of mine when he visits Golden, he must bring back a few cases of Coors Gold (I think) that we can't get up here. My industrial painting company is doing all of the maintenance painting in the Coors facility right now for a few years. Gonna have to go down and supervise and go on 12 tours a day LOL.

Kato
08-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Krispy Creme's are ok. Not as good as Dunkin Donuts Bavarian Creme. Plus Dunkin Donuts has jam up coffee!!!

We used to go to the Bahamas and bring back as many cases of Clear Bottled Becks that we could carry.

Kato~~~didn't really like clear bottle Becks but made good coin off of it.

Candyman
08-11-2003, 07:40 PM
I had a friend that was a QC engineer at Coors. He was one happy dude. He has passed away now. Rumor has it, that he didn't need much of the old embalming fluid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
08-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Clear bottles Becks?]

If you really want to drink the best, Presidente beer from the Domincan Republic is "El Major". But keep it out of the sunlight or it will skunk on you.

But know this, imported Presidente is "the worst". They've added preservatives that weren't there in the first place and taste awful!

Barbara~~~would love to know what "real Heineken" tastes like... in Germany...

Hopster
08-12-2003, 01:07 AM
People even tented out overnight in front of the doors for the first few dozen. Why are they such a craze? <--Uwpoolgod

Who the hell knows why morons do what they do ? Camping out overnight for a doughnut ?? You got to be kidding me. Its like those coffee shops, i cant think of the name of them right now but i see people lined up 20 strong for a cup of coffee and to pay what these people ask is nuts. And drive up windows no less. lol
You know something, i am always amazed at what the people in this country will buy, i mean for example : On CNN almost every day for months and months they had James Coburn on this commercial advertising a system for betaing the slots for $19.95. Now this is on CNN on prime time im talking about. You got any idea what they must have charged for the advertising for that alone ?? Got to be huge numbers and for what ?? A system to beat the slots ?? Its unbeleivable that so many people would send money for trash like that, just boggles the mind.
But camping out overnight for a donut ??? lol

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2003, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Clear bottles Becks?]
.......Barbara~~~would love to know what "real Heineken" tastes like... in Germany... <hr /></blockquote>

Or maybe even Holland /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fred Agnir
08-12-2003, 07:48 AM
I've never found anything exciting about a Krispy Kreme.

Fred

Fran Crimi
08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I've never found anything exciting about a Krispy Kreme.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Who cares about the donut...it's their stock that gets me excited. They weathered all the storms of the recent economy and are still rallying.

Fran ~~ proud profiteer of Krispy Kreme (KKD) common stock.

Alfie
08-12-2003, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Now this is on CNN on prime time im talking about. You got any idea what they must have charged for the advertising for that alone ?? Got to be huge numbers and for what ?? A system to beat the slots ?? <hr /></blockquote>It might be paid for by the gaming industry.

-- I do grok your post.

dg-in-centralpa
08-12-2003, 02:45 PM
I also don't know why the craziness ovewr them. I had some a couple months ago, and they weren't anuthing special. Our town doesn't have a Dunkin Donuts anymore. Although we have a donut shop that is run by Koreans, and they are the freshest I've ever had. They can't keep the shelves filled. I agree that Dunkin Donut coffee is the best.

DG - who gets along very well with donuts

Rich R.
08-12-2003, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr>Who cares about the donut...it's their stock that gets me excited. They weathered all the storms of the recent economy and are still rallying.

Fran ~~ proud profiteer of Krispy Kreme (KKD) common stock. <hr /></blockquote>
Now that is something you can sink your teeth into. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, I'm not a fan of the donuts. Just a lot of sugar and air, without a lot of flavor. JMHO.

Keith Talent
08-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Camped out for a cruller! Amazing, and we thought youse in the Northwest were so far advanced beyond the rest of us aesthetically and zeitgeist-wise.

Well, then, even if we are little more mature in the grimy East, we at least share the same life philosophy:
CARPE DONUT!

But make it a Dunkin', not them air-blown, treacly puff balls served up with a fat dose of chrome.

Hopster
08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
It might be paid for by the gaming industry. &lt;--Alfie

It wouldnt surprise me at all but i doubt it. People are just dumb enough to send money away for something like that.