PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tourney Prizes

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 03:47 PM
For you CCBers that are going to play in the tourney in September, Kato and I have been "discussing" how to go about giving out the door prizes. A raffle was suggested and we like that idea.

What do you guys think?

SPetty
08-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Someone last year chastised those many of us who weren't attending for even butting in to your private business of the CCB tourney that a few of you are able to attend, so if you feel that way, please disregard any post I might ever make about the CCB tourney since I can't come because I have to work for a living and get limited vacation time and don't have unlimited wealth and can't do everything I want, and..., um, I mean...

Some of those prizes are pretty darn valuable, and I think it might be a good idea to do something a little more special with the more valuable prizes than just the luck of a raffle. And "raffle" normally means collecting money for tickets - that's not quite what you mean, right?

Some special contests might be fun - prizes for nine on the break or break-n-runs. Or something akin to that old game of getting your choice of either an unopened package or one that someone else has already claimed (although the unopened packages would be opened already...)

If there's enough goodies to go around to the whole crowd, almost any distribution mechanism would work. If there are more people than prizes, someone's going to go away less happy than someone else, so try to ensure that they each had a fair chance at the prize.

However you do it, make it known that it's O.K. to swap and trade and stuff. It would suck to win a prize, even a real nice prize, if you couldn't use it or it didn't work for you.

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 06:51 PM
That sounds good. Thanks SPetty. And besides, I open to all suggestions, regardless if you're in the tourney or not. If you're a CCBer then you're a CCBer, know what I mean?

The smaller prizes I wouldn't mind the raffle but the more expensive ones are the ones that I feel should be worked for. So doing something like what you suggested, running a rack, snapping the 9 in, etc., are all good ideas for the higher end gifts.

Good suggestions and keep 'em coming!

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 06:56 PM
And oh, I forgot to mention that I'd like Christ to pick out the winning raffle tickets... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Should we go that route that is.

Spike
08-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Sure, alright, I'll pull the raffle tickets if you want me to. Why do you want me to?

Christ

9 Ball Girl
08-11-2003, 09:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Spike:</font><hr> Sure, alright, I'll pull the raffle tickets if you want me to. Why do you want me to?

Christ <hr /></blockquote>

Well, because you're the youngest of the group so automatically that makes you honest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, because you're a cutie patootie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2003, 06:52 AM
IMO.....

I can think of a couple of ways to do it. You can give everybody a ticket when they arrive and draw for the prizes after the tourney (Don't lose your ticket /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) That way everybody should get at least something.

or you could sell tickets for $1 apiece (buy as many as you want) and we could donate the money to a worthy charity in the name of the CCB or Billiards Digest.

I think we should also have a table set up for a 'snap the 9' or 'most balls on the break' contest.

Wally~~knows he won't win anything for running a rack but will donate $50 to charity if he wins it...maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> For you CCBers that are going to play in the tourney in September, Kato and I have been "discussing" how to go about giving out the door prizes. A raffle was suggested and we like that idea.

What do you guys think? <hr /></blockquote>

I am fine with the raffle. It would not bother me if someone got a cue and I got talisman tips a towel or something. It would be nice for everyone to get something. The main point in coming is to have fun, meet ccbers etc, or that is my agenda.

Laura

Qtec
08-12-2003, 07:20 AM
I think a raffle for the cue is a good idea. Then you could include all the eligble CBers , even the ones who cant come to the tournament.

Q

Or just give it to me. Consider it foriegn aid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
08-12-2003, 07:36 AM
I agree SPetty. The last thing anyone would want is for anybody to go away pissed off.

I like the drawing idea for door prizes.

Here's another thought; for the higher end prizes like the Blackheart Cue and the Talisman Case, amybe we can have people buy tickets for a raffle, then use the proceeds to pay for Greens fees. That way everybody benefits.

Eric

Ross
08-12-2003, 08:50 AM
How much are the greens fees? (Sorry if I missed this elsewhere but I've been too busy to read most of the threads.)

Eric.
08-12-2003, 09:00 AM
I dunno. I'm just assuming that we have to pay for our time. Last year we got a freebee (Thank you Brady Berhman).

Eric

BLACKHEART
08-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Since the best players regularly win money &amp; prizes. My intention was to let everyone there, have an equal chance at my Q. Just a blind draw is what I had in mind...THANKS...JER

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Either that or me and Kato can "go on take the money and run..."

Wendy~~~we are in cahootz /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif j/k

Qtec
08-12-2003, 10:24 AM
If its a blind draw , why should we members overseas be excluded.

I think we overseas players would be much more appreciative of a good cue than the Americans.

Why should the clubbies have all the prizes ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Qtec

Rod
08-12-2003, 12:32 PM
There not, but in your case we will make you the exception! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

R

Rod
08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Arm Wrestle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ok if you don't like that idea, Have two drawings. 1 bowl for the smaller prizes and 1 for the large prizes. Only one prize per bowl per person. Stuffing the box with multiple entries really isn't fair. Some people may invest a hunderd while others may not have that kind of cash to invest. I know a cue that was won that way, the guy almost had a lock on the drawing.

No game of skill (pool) should be used to win a prize. It should be based on luck, where everyone has an equal chance.

If you want to have 9 ball breaks or total ball count, fine. Just have everyone that cares to enter, throw in a buck or two or whatever you decide.

If you want to donate to charity, send me money for a plane ticket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2003, 01:31 PM
I have a cue that I would gladly put up for a drawing for all CCB members.

But, if you win, you have to pick it up.

Equal chance for all CCBers that want it. Just send me your email address in PM and I will have a drawing for anyone not in attendence.

BTW.. its a slighly used Joss.

BLACKHEART
08-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. In my other post,earlier today, I wrote the word "THERE". This has always been a donation for one of the "PLAYERS AT THE TOURNAMENT". I was the 1st person to make a donation for this CCB TOURNAMENT. I think from my 1st post,months ago, I made it clear that I did not want the Q to go to the winner, since there is obviously PRO &amp; SEMI PRO PLAYERS signed up &amp; others of much lesser abillities. I'd like EVERYONE "IN" the tournament to have a fair chance to win a ONE OF A KIND pool Q. I think that all of the "PRIZES" are nice &amp; the doners should be congratulated for their generosity. I hope I've made my wishes clear...JER

Kato
08-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Jerry, your cue will definitely be at the CCB tournament. Tom was talking about his old Joss since he doesn't use it anymore.

I was just gonna give your cue to myself but then I bought a new custom and decided someone else could use it better than me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I for one am extremely interested in seeing your work.

Kato

Jimmy B
08-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey 9-ball girl I'm not sure how you should give away any prizes, but if I show up can I get in the raffle for the hug?

Jim &lt;-----Cute fat guy

Ross
08-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm in favor of a decent prize for the first one to make the 9 on the break just to spice things up. I think most of the people in the tourney can certainly break hard enough to have a shot at it, so that makes it mostly a luck thing. Medium speed breaks often are the most effective anyway.

This would add some excitement as the play goes along. Even if you aren't playing well, you still have the chance of being the one who gets a lucky "break!"

Rich R.
08-12-2003, 06:08 PM
I like the idea of the "luck of the draw".
That way everyone in attendance has a fair chance to win.
JMHO.

cueball1950
08-12-2003, 07:25 PM
i agree with rich r..a blind draw for the cue is best. .................mike

Chris Cass
08-12-2003, 08:14 PM
JER,

I agree totally with you. I might also add that your extremely generous donation is very kind.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> IMO.....

I think we should also have a table set up for a 'snap the 9' or 'most balls on the break' contest.

Wally <hr /></blockquote>

Well Wally, that leaves me out of it. My break is nothing now days. I've got zero power. Matter of fact a guy wipped out a leaf blower on me the other day and I didn't stop rolling till I was a block away. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~used to have a break that made Barbara laugh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Sure why not! Hugs are my specialty! Just ask Tom_in_Cincy!

Wendy~~~could use a couple of hugs myself lately... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Chris,

That made me laugh out loud.. you're a hoot..

Barbara
08-13-2003, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> C.C.~~used to have a break that made Barbara laugh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No, it used to give me a hernia every time you broke. Me and Rip, that was...

Barbara

Ross
08-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Not that it matters, but I was suggesting "First 9-ball on the break" as a way to give away ONE of the decent prizes, not the Black Heart cue, which I agree should be a random draw. I just thought it would be a way to mix up the prize distribution and add a little fun. But no one seems fond of the idea, so I'll drop it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rich R.
08-13-2003, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Not that it matters, but I was suggesting "First 9-ball on the break" as a way to give away ONE of the decent prizes, not the Black Heart cue, which I agree should be a random draw. I just thought it would be a way to mix up the prize distribution and add a little fun. But no one seems fond of the idea, so I'll drop it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Ross, I would not be opposed to that, as long as it was one of the lesser prizes. I believe cue and the case should be a random draw.

BTW Ross, please see the other thread about the CCB dinner. It appears we will be meeting in the lobby of the Holiday Inn, Friday at 5: pm, as we did last year, then going to the restaurant.