PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sanitarium Concert

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Went to the Summer Sanitarium Concert in Seattle last Thursday and had a great time. It was the first time that I had been inside the newly built Seahawks Stadium. The lineup featured Deftones, Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and finished off by Metallica. Great lineup and Metallica outperformed them all with their set of mainly older tracks off of the Kill 'em All, and And Justice For All records. They played for nearly 3 hours with great lighting and fireworks displays. Pretty fun. Started around 2:00 and got over at 10:30. About 85 during the day and lots of chests flashed about. Lots of laughs as people tried to bust over the retaining wall and scamper to crowd safety away from the security..only to be tackled from behind and hauled away. A 6'6" giant had to be drug out by 6 guys and then have the Seattle Police pull a gun on him to get him in handcuffs for assault. LOL. Good times. My memorable concert moment after Woodstock '99. That was a blast too.

nAz
08-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Nic e my boy was there told me limp bizkit was a little flat, anf that linkin parks was hot playing live.

UWPoolGod
08-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah I thought that Linkin Park outplayed Limp, and they didn't spend any money on fireworks. Everyone thought so, and I had heard that Durst said that they could put on a better show than anyone on the bill. No so..that was the second time I had saw Metallica...the other being Woodstock 99. The cool thing about the WS99 performance was right when they started playing "One" a rain and wind storm came through right when they reached the hard fast part and everyone was going nuts. As soon as the song was over it died down. Pretty sweet.

Kato
08-11-2003, 06:25 PM
I saw Metallica on the "Ride The Lightning" Tour. After that, why bother? The most kick A$$ concert I've seen to date. Forget about it. I did go back and see them on the "Master of Puppets" tour as well. Really a super hard edge concert. I'm pretty sure that I've never never heard a better live song than "Creeping Death". A close second goes to Armored Saint and "Chemical Euphoria" but that's a different story for a different day.

Kato~~~just my .02

Kato~~~my .02

pooljunkie73
08-11-2003, 06:46 PM
The best live Metallica song has got to be Fade to Black.

Kent Mc.

Voodoo Daddy
08-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Metallica without Mustaine and Burton are just 3 guys that go through bass players every decade or so, they borrow everyone else's songs to make themselves look worthy in their own eyes. Their new album SUCKS, no wonder they played a set fulla old stuff....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! JMHO!!

VOODOO~~worthy of .04 cents due to my girth

UWPoolGod
08-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah I have gotten used to the St. Anger track...but the 2nd song they have played on the radio is absolutely horrid.

Todd <--- still doesn't own St. Anger

Kato
08-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Maybe Burton Voodoo but Hammet has done a fine job in Mustaine's place.

Did you see that Jason Newsted is now in Voivod? I heard a song from them last night and they are WAY different than the Voivod of the 80's. Good song though I can't remember. I also heard a song from a band named "Monster Voodoo Machine". Thought you'd like to know.

Pooljunkie, I disagree. Live versions of Creeping Death, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and The Four Horsemen are better in my opinion.

Kato~~~I have other opinions. Wanna here 'em?