PDA

View Full Version : What have you heard about these cues?

Jay
08-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Can anyone tell me about these cues: Cory Deuel 5280, Vintage, GW Collection. Does anyone know how these cues play, how they feel or the quality?

Jay
08-11-2003, 08:16 PM
well dont everybody rush with replies or information all at once now /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Nightstalker
08-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Dude, it wasn't even two hours before you replied to yourself. Have some patience, I am sure someone will come forward with some information for you.

Jimmy B
08-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Overseas crap, go with an American cuemaker. There are many guys who post here who are cuemakers I'm sure if you talk to some of them you may be able to find a guy you like and who will make you a cue that you'll love and have for a long time. Buy American. JB

kurtfields
08-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Hey Jay, I've owned a 5280 for over a year and I love it. I especially love the fact I didn't pay custom cue prices...I used to own an Ernie Martinez ($1200)and I hated it. I paid $300 for my 5280 and it plays far better than any cue I've owned.

ceebee
08-12-2003, 09:10 AM
there are several GOOD Cuemakers that offer their goods on eBay. Buying on eBay can be a good experience or a bad one. If you purchase a cue from eBay or a catalogue, you don't get the luxury of feeling the Cue before it's yours. BUT... all of the GOOD Cue Makers know this & they aren't gonna send you a "sack of [censored]". They will offer you a chance to use it gently & return it for modifications if necessary. Even a full refund is available. Think about it.. people don't spend upwards of $2000 on a cue that doesn't play well. I have a few $100 Sneaky Petes that hit very well too. Get yourself a good $500+ Cue & keep it for your lifetime. $500 over 10 years is $50 a year which equates to less than a $1 a week. If you live 30 more years it's about 30 cents a week... Enjoy your NEW Cue... run a rack or two with it & you'll become best friends.

pooltchr
08-12-2003, 12:48 PM
If everyone liked the same thing, there would only be one brand of cue to pick from. Individuals have different taste. One player's crap is another players favorite cue. The best suggestion is to get your hands on one and try it out. If YOU like the feel and the quality, then that is what is important. I sell many brands of cue including Lucasi and Vintage. I personally have played with a Lucasi for several years and am quite happy with it. It's comfortable and I know how it is going to respond. Decide what your budget allows you to spend, then look at cues in that range and make your own personal decision. Don't buy based on what someone else tells you. Buy based on what you like.

Jay
08-12-2003, 05:41 PM
i dont know if this is true but greg at billiard warehouse told me that 5280,Lucasi and Fury cues are all made in the same factory in China but just for different whole salers. He also told me that when you first one of these cues they would compare to a Viking or any other american cue but they dont last as long. He said that basically these companies are all the same what it boils down too is the aestethics. Looks arent really my concern but when you actually look at the cues there is still the physical appeal. Does anyone know if these cues are made by the same company?

Cueless Joey
08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
That's what I've heard too.
Joey ~ Still can't believe people would pay for decals on cues~