PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the inexpensive Lucasi PLAYERS cues ?

Snyder1
08-11-2003, 09:01 PM
These cues are very reasonable (especially on ebay) ... most use real wood inlays and have many features of the better cues (including a Uni-lock composite ferrule). Just curious if anybody has any thoughts on them - they seem like an exceptionally good deal ... thx

Here's an example ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=3620433 794

JS

pooljunkie73
08-11-2003, 09:07 PM
I shoot with a Lucasi, i like it. There was a lot of problem's with the earlier models but the later model's are fine.All i did was cut the Triangle tip off and put on a Talisman med. Hit's great.

Kent Mc.

pooltchr
08-12-2003, 06:33 AM
What they are showing is a Players Tournament Series Cue. These are different from the Lucasi cues although both are distributed through the same company. I sell both brands, and the Players makes a nice beginners cue in their price range. The Lucasi's are the next level up in both quality and workmanship.

cycopath
08-12-2003, 09:22 AM
That's the exact cue I got for my wife last year. It's actually a pretty decent cue. Especially for the beginner. The only problem I've found with it is I can't find joint protectors for it. Since it uses an usual style of quick release (Accu-Loc), Uni-Loc joint protectors will not work on it.
I'll probably upgrade her to something a little nicer one day.

hemicudas
08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
I bought a 2007 model 6 months ago just because I liked the way it looked and was pleasantly surprised. The cue hits very solid. $250 with 2 shafts, how can you beat that?

UWPoolGod
08-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Hemi...welcome over from AZ. Always enjoyed you posts.

hemicudas
08-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome UWPoolGod. I heard Keith McCready was posting here so I figured if it was good enough for him I might take a look. After loosing so much money betting against Keith in the past I thought I might bet on him over here. Back in the mid 70s Keith owned Baton Rouge, LA. Then he and Ronnie bought out Mobile, LOL. Seems like the most fun I ever had at tournaments Keith was some where around. Best of luck on the book Keith. I know it will be a success. If it were a biography rather than an autobiography and writen by me it would be titled, "The Most Heart In The Business".

pooljunkie73
08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Hemi, Where is the picture of the car?

Kent Mc.

5balljoe
08-12-2003, 10:26 PM
I have a Lucasi Hustler (non-steel joint) and a newer model with a metal joint.. while the hit is not in the league of say a Jacoby, Schuler, Predator, etc., they are attractive, balanced, and well made.. a good cue at a good price and certainly nothing to be ashamed of..

hemicudas
08-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Kent, they are having trouble uploading the photo. I am using the same photo I have used on many other sites but for some reason it wont upload here yet. I will keep trying. I sent the photo in an e-mail to them. Maybe they can post it that way.

9 Ball Slim
08-13-2003, 02:45 AM
I purchased one on ebay for my new playing partner (so I could get back one of my old McDermott's that I let her try out), and she really likes it. I played a few racks with it and it seems to be a nice cue for the money. I plan to put a softer tip on it this weekend.

Keith McCready
08-18-2003, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hemicudas:</font><hr>...it would be titled, "The Most Heart In The Business".<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Earthquake