PDA

View Full Version : I did some checking----- Advanced pool Tournament.

bolo
08-12-2003, 01:35 AM
A reply to a post from Tom.

Quote Tom

"If we don't make any money - we won't be able to promote pool tournaments. In my mail box today was a $250 electric bill - with no money, my children have no lights, or cold milk! Yes, this is a business. So is Disney Land and Six Flags. People pay money to have fun, get away and enjoy themselves. Now - suppose Mr. Disney didn't charge for admission - well, the rides would be there (maybe), but no employees or electricity to run them. A business must have more revenue than expenses to survive (unless you're Enron) - do you agree Bolo?"

The more you speak the more it sounds like a pyramid scheme. Are you kidding, you are talking about tens of thousands you expect people to hand over to you to manage, yet you begrudge even paying the Billiard Digest for advertising, you try to sneak it and cry poor mouth. No one owes you anything and you have no more rights then all the other business people here, cuemakers, billiard supply owners, room owners, who post here but don't try to hawk something every time they post. Where do you think you are so special? Those business you point out, pay for their advertising, just as I do and everyone else in business. If you are undercapitalized it is your problem. Talking tens of thousands dollars and operating on a shoe string. I may have been generous when I said February. I am curious, what are your past promotions? I think before you expect people to send you sponsorship money you need to be forth coming with a résumé. Maybe you are as big as Don King, we have no idea, but talking about being concerned about paying an electric bill, doesn't sound to big time. Beyond that I wish you luck, sounds like you will need it.

How about a few of your other projects.
Such as:

http://pub59.ezboard.com/fnhbzonefrm1.showMessage?topicID=194.topic

http://easyrez.homestead.com

http://pub17.ezboard.com/fearncashontheinternetadvertising.showMessage?topi cID=863.topic

http://onlinetravelbiz.homestead.com

Are you still doing them, And what the heck is Mystery Shopping?

sack316
08-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Not sure what all the post is about, but I can answer the mystery shopping question since I work retail. A mystery shopper is someone hired from a third party company that comes into stores as a regular shopper, asking questions, looking for help, checking how long the lines are, how well its stocked,etc and grades the store based on certain guidelines. The store sees them as a regular customer though, so they are treated normal, unlike when you know a DM is coming in and spend a whole day making everything perfect. Anyway, the companies pay the third party company for sending out these shoppers to see what shape the store is in and what kind of service they are giving. I think thats about it.

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> A reply to a post from Tom.

The more you speak the more it sounds like a pyramid scheme. Are you kidding, you are talking about tens of thousands you expect people to hand over to you to manage, yet you begrudge even paying the Billiard Digest for advertising, you try to sneak it and cry poor mouth. No one owes you anything and you have no more rights then all the other business people here, cuemakers, billiard supply owners, room owners, who post here but don't try to hawk something every time they post. Where do you think you are so special? Those business you point out, pay for their advertising, just as I do and everyone else in business. If you are undercapitalized it is your problem. [/quote/]

tap tap. Smelled kind of fishy to me,also. Glad you did research.

Laura

jjinfla
08-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Hey Bolo, what's the big deal? This board belongs to Billiards Digest right? Evidently they don't care about people coming here and pushing their wares so why should any of us? At least he does buy an ad in Billiards Digest, a full page ad, that's probably more money than BD gets from all the rest of us. I wonder how many posters even subscribe to BD. Do You? At least he doesn't play the theme song from "The Sting" on his website like Behrman does. A paranoid person might think Behrman is subconsciously telling us something. Jake

tomcoleman
08-12-2003, 06:29 AM
bolo -

How is what I'm doing to be defined as a "pyramid scheme"?

I don't "begrudge" anyone or anything. I use the boards to gather data that is critical to the development of the Series. As with any business I have, I always like to include the thoughts and ideas of the people that will be participating in the venture. In this case, the pool players. There isn't a lot of money for advertising in a budget of a pool tournament, we will rely mostly on word of mouth and direct marketing to the pool establishments.

I'm not "sneaking in", and certainly aren't crying "poor mouth" - I'm just posting on an internet discussion board.

When you only have about 10 to 15% profit in a business - you better know how to operate on a "shoestring" budget. We aren't undercapitalized - we are just operating within our means. We will have certain revenues and certain expenses - my job is to balance them, create an excellent product (Pool Tournaments in this case) and produce a profit.

Past promotions include several Walk-A-Thons in Jacksonville, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia - Boxing Events in Jacksonville, Florida and New Orleans, LA. - Talent Competitions across the SouthEast, Trade Shows in the SouthEast and I own and operate several businesses online.

www.EasyRez.net (http://www.EasyRez.net)
www.OnlineTravelBiz.com (http://www.OnlineTravelBiz.com)
www.SuperQuickSigns.com (http://www.SuperQuickSigns.com)

Yes - I have failed a few times in my 42 years on some ideas, but no one "got burned" or "shafted" - the only negative was I spent countless hours on the projects and didn't have the pleasure to see them grow.

LOL @ the Don King remark - I never put myself on that level, but he is the "King of Promotion".

I'm not concerned about the "electric bill" as long as I pay it - lol. I wasn't crying "poor mouth" as you stated, just stating the fact that there are expenses in life, so one must have the ability to pay the expenses, thus the reason I spend 18 hours a day working. And if my businesses aren't successful and producing a profit - then paying the "expenses" would be difficult.

Mystery Shopping is an area I was looking into for starting a new venture. It just wasn't my "cup of tea". Sack316 sums it up pretty good.

One last thing - we will have an advisory committee and a check and balance system where the Prize Funds can be audited at anytime. 66% of all entry fees will be deposited into an escrow account that will be soley used for awarding prizes. It will all be listed on the website later this week.

Laura -

Do you always post dribble without backing it up? What is "fishy" about it? And, what research did bolo uncover that would alude to what we are proposing, to be "fishy"?

Jake -

Just for the record - we don't have any current advertising with BD, but that would be nice.

Have a great day - Tom

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Right off of T Coleman's website, if ya sneak a peak. If ya play 8 ball and go two and out,you have payed 20 dollars to play two games, one per match,9 ball is 6 games for two and out(Races to 3). Most people are used to races to 5/7 at the minimum.If you are good and stay in, have chance at end for money if this is legit, but geez, one or three game eliminations really suck imo.

BTW-you guys do not even KNOW this guy. How do you know he will pay???? Wake up!!!! If you guys think I am niave, geez, lots of you folks are either just trying to be nice or need to get the sleepy stuff out of your eyes.

Laura

Super Pool Challenge Info!

Welcome to the Super Pool Challenge! Want to win your share of up to $30,000 in Cash + Great Prizes? It's EASY - Just play some POOL! The
Super Pool Challenge offers 8-Ball and 9-Ball Tournaments

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tomcoleman:</font><hr>

Laura -

Do you always post dribble without backing it up? What is "fishy" about it? And, what research did bolo uncover that would alude to what we are proposing to be "fishy"?

Have a great day - Tom

<hr /></blockquote>

Tom,

In case you do not know it, some poolplayers have gotten burned before at tournaments and that was by directors they did know!!!!

Unless some ccbers come on here and say they know you to be a man of honor, etc, that makes you an unknown.

Yes, it all sounds fishy to me. That is my feeling, my opinion. That is all it is, my opinion and that, in this country, I have a right to voice.

When dealing with unknown persons, I would be cautious. And like I said,unless I was pretty sure I was going to win, I would not enter a tournament with races to one or three, depending on the game. Even our nonhandicapped tournies here have races to 5.

If you want to attract pool players, I would suggest races to 5 for both games. That way, win or lose, at least the person feels they got their money's worth.

Laura

tomcoleman
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Laura -

What you are referring to is the Super Pool Challenge - it is a double elimination tournament. Yes, in 8 ball it's one game and in 9 ball it is best of 3 series.

The reason for the short races is to give the average player a chance and at the same time be able to complete an 8-player bracket tournament in under 3 hours. We designed Super Pool Challenge so that even a one or two table pub or tavern could host a Qualifying Tournament.

This tournament series is for the "everyday" player, and we have made it affordable at $20 for most anyone to take a chance and compete for up to $10,000! How often can someone do that?

True - I am a new face in the pool world, precisely why we are forming an Advisory Board that will consist of 5 to 7 well known Pool figures.

We will have an "open books" check and balance system where participants can audit the tournament prize fund at anytime. Here how it will work:

On the website there will be a section that will detail all completed Qualifying Tournaments per Super Challenge. The details will include - date; location; winner and amount of entry fees collected.

The Qualifier locations send in their Tournament Form and entry fees ($160 per tournament) once a week. Over each weekend - we will post to the website the above information.
We will have setup an Escrow Account to deposit 66% of all entry fees. The Escrow account will be managed by myself, an independent CPA firm and the Advisory Board. Entry Fee's will be deposited into a main account - with an immediate check written for the 66% Prize Fund to be immediately deposited into the Escrow account.

So - on any given day, you will be able to view # of Qualifiers and match this with the Escrow account information. Example - 10 Qualifiers have been posted to the website - so, in this scenario there better be $1,056 in the Escrow account. (10 x $160 x 66% = $1,056) These amounts will be verified by the Advisory Board on a monthly basis, and any of them will have the authority to request an audit at anytime.

Some will say - "So what if you don't post a Qualifier and keep the money"? Well, it seems that pool players love being in the spot light and having their names mentioned about (plus money of course) - so why would I keep the money knowing the player is going to check the website to see themselves listed as a "winner"!

I understand players being skeptical - that is why we are forming the Advisory Board. We are in this for the long term if there is enough interest to get it started.

And Laura - your opinions are important and yes this is America. But to just come out and say something is "fishy" without basis - well, that's not an opinion, that's just a statement with out fact. But - I see you have explained yourself better in your last 2 posts.

By the way - in the proposed Advanced 9 Ball Series the races are to 5 except in the final round of any given tournament, then the championship is a race to 7. It is a double elimination format with alternating breaks.

Thanks for your time - Tom

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tomcoleman:</font><hr> Laura -

By the way - in the proposed Advanced 9 Ball Series the races are to 5 except in the final round of any given tournament, then the championship is a race to 7. It is a double elimination format with alternating breaks.

Thanks for your time - Tom <hr /></blockquote>

To get into this tournament with the races to 5, does one have to 'graduate' from the tournament that has the races to 3?

No offense, Tom, I would never pay 20 dollars to come to a tournament which had eliminations of one game or three. I would rather come to the 5 game elimination one, even if I had to play better players, even if I was 90% sure that I would be two and out,cream soup.

Let me give you an example. I am a mediocre player at best. There are women tours. Almost all of the women at those tournies are better than I am. These cost about 45-50 dollars. They are usually races to 7 in 9 ball, nonhandicapped. If I went to one and was two and out, I still got to play, 14 games for 50 dollars.

We have a local tournament. I get to play 8 games for 20dollars, even if I am two and out.

Your tournie is more appealing for the champ who may take home the perse. But for me or even someone slightly above my speed,and I know from talking to my friends, we look at what we get for the buck.

If you are just wanting to attract the B and above players who think that they can win it all, fine. But if you are wanting the regular, average pool players, people like C players (a speed above me), then I am telling you, they will be mad if they only get to play 2-6 games for 20 dollars. And if you want success, disgruntled pool players will not help you.

A pool player, even a decent one, can still be beat, some of it is luck, good or bad, you dont know who you are going to be put against. Then this person, who even by their skill could have won, goes home mad and trashes your name.

I still say that for this to fly, your races need to be longer. In my opinion and as a Taurus the Bull /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, I do feel strong about this, but since this is not my decision nor do I control how you run your business, I respectfully rest my case.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2003, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>
....I would rather come to the 5 game elimination one, even if I had to play better players, even if I was 90% sure that I would be two and out,......<hr /></blockquote>

Considering your strong opinions on this, let me ask, when is the last time you actually played in a tournament?

Eric.
08-12-2003, 08:51 AM
I hope I'm not wasting my time with this reply but...

Laura,

I think you are missing the point of the Tournament. I think for you, this may be a good competitive experience for your $20. It will give you a chance to play and possibly beat some better players. With the short races, rolls and luck can have a huge effect. I understand that you feel it is impossible to win as a "D" player. That may be true but again, with the short race, it would make the game between the D player and the C player very close(there is a very large skill gap between a D and a C player). So what do you get? Experience. Pay attention to what your opponent is doing to you. Wathc how he gets out of what you do to him. Remember it. File your $20 expense in your "Pool lessons" file.

Eric

JohnBarton
08-12-2003, 09:21 AM
The shorter the race the more like a coin flip that it is. A one game match is ludicrous. Races to three are fine for local tournaments that I have to drive less than ten minutes to play in. IF you want to really give amateurs a chance then come up with a truly fair handicapping system and lengthen the races. Short races are unfair to both the amateurs and the advanced players.

JMO

John

RedHell
08-12-2003, 09:28 AM
John,

I agree and disagree...

I agree because you are right when you say that to give a fair chance a good handicap system is preferable. But I disagree that short races are unfaire to both. Short race give a better chance to win to the weaker player.

If I'm a ball banger and offer you ONE 9-ball game for 500, you'll never get in, but if I offer a race to 5, you know that your superiority will even out any luck I might have...

bolo
08-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Regardless, a race to 1 or a race to 2 (The tournament is best of three, not a race to three), does not in any way shape or form constitute a pool tournament, it is just a lottery. They might just as well be saying, everyone send them $20.00 and they will keep 34 % for their trouble and have a drawing for the rest. Their location is a P.O. box and I would be curious whether they are even licensed promoters in the state of Georgia. The people post here to this board because they love pool and if they see something like this be perpetrated on the pool playing public, they have a right to, and should ask questions. I am not trying to be a trouble maker, I just don't like the sport I love to be made a fool of. If I think the Emperor has no clothes, I am going to say so.

Eric.
08-12-2003, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JohnBarton:</font><hr> IF you want to really give amateurs a chance then come up with a truly fair handicapping system
John <hr /></blockquote>

I hear ya John. But how do you come up with a "truly fair" handicapping system?

My point from another thread is that there is always gonna be killers in Amateur events and for someone like BW(or me for that matter) this is more of a learning experience, rather than a way of paying bills and riding home witha trophy mounted to the hood of my car. BTW, it's only $20...

Eric

tomcoleman
08-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Eric -

You are correct - The weaker player willhave a better chance with the shorter races - exactly why we did it this way. Now in the proposed Advanced Series, the players would be more than average we anticipate, so the races are to 5 and 7.

there isn't a way to handicap this type of Tournament considering the geographics - but you are correct in that it is only $20. Not alot to put up to take a chance at winning the up to $10,000 1st place prize.

Bolo -

You constantly make bold statements. How is it not a Pool Tournament? Our mailing address is a P O Box because I live and work in a small town of 700 people, my offices are located right behind the post office and they don't allow mail to my physical address.

I would like to see you run a Tournament of the depth and scope we are proposing on less than 34%! Somebody must pay for the advertising and marketing - ie: Mailing of Tournament Packages ($1.52 each - I've sent out over 200 already), Printing of Tournament Materials, Gas and Lodging visiting Pool Establishments in 4 states, Banners at the events, etc. Plus - I believe my time and that of my assistants is worth something. Heck, I'm not an "Emperor", so I have to generate income. Oh by the way - I do have clothes - lol!

Your intentions are valid - I don't blame anyone for checking us out. You just don't have to make derogatory statements about me, and you don't even know me! have a question - ask - I'll answer. Why constantly slam me, when I am putting together possibly the next big Series?

By the way - I spoke with Andy today @ BilliardsDigest.com and have reserved 2 banners on the website to help us generate traffic - so, I hope this is good news for you.

Oh well - to you Bolo - this will be the last moment I waste of my time responding to you, until you show a little respect for someone that is at least trying to make a difference. What exactly have you done lately for the "sport you love"?

Tom

rackmup
08-12-2003, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>Yes, it all sounds fishy to me. That is my feeling, my opinion. That is all it is, my opinion and that, in this country, I have a right to voice.<hr /></blockquote>
Does this same rule apply to "Yappingwolf?"
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>No offense, Tom, I would never pay 20 dollars to come to a tournament which had eliminations of one game or three. I would rather come to the 5 game elimination one, even if I had to play better players, even if I was 90% sure that I would be two and out,cream soup.
<hr /></blockquote>
Have you ever played in a tournament or any other format besides the APA?
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>In my opinion and as a Taurus the Bull , I do feel strong about this<hr /></blockquote>
Ay Caramba!

Puzzled by the vast pool knowledge she has received in such a very short period of time.

Regards,

Ken

rackmup
08-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Wally,

My point exactly.

Bluewolf is the epitomy of the APA player...someone who has been in the game for a short period of time, never venturing beyond the safety of her team, playing by "slop" rules and actually believing she is getting better, spending money on lessons and not really learning much, etc.

I wonder...when was the last time she loaded her cues into her car or onto a plane and traveled to another city or state to play in a tournament against people she had never met? When is the last time she posted more than stamp money on the lamp and said "Let's play."

I hate to be so harsh and will direct this at no one in particular but the ignorance of some people really begins to grate on a man's nerves after a while.

Give Mr. Coleman a chance. I will wager a weeks wages that the majority of those questioning Mr. Coleman's tournament and the validity of it, never planned on attending it in the first place.

I respect the right to be inquisitive but to be accusatory without so much as a shred of evidence to support such suspicions borders on the absolute definition of foolishness.

Regards,

Ken

pooljunkie73
08-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Isn't that a defination of a " nit ".

Kent Mc.

Rod
08-12-2003, 11:27 AM
I believe it leans heavily in that direction!

Rod
08-12-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm neutral but the phone number is listed to him in Portal Georgia. I know the address but that isn't necessary here on the forum. I wouldn't want to get that much mail at a home address. I don't see a problem, it seems legit to me. It's not hard to dig up all sorts of info on anyone if I chose to.

I'm not a fan of a short or 1 game race either, the odds go to the weaker player. If one doesn't like the format, don't enter. None in my area so I won't be there.

Rod

tomcoleman
08-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the support Ken and Rob!

It is true - if I were planning a scam I surely wouldn't use a phone number that is associated with my home town. I would get an 800# or voice mail or something.

We truly believe what we are doing is an excellent venue for the "everyday" pool player that has goals and dreams. Plus, should we decide to develop the Advanced Series - then we would have a Series for every pool player regardless of skill level.

Once we have held a Super Challenge or two, then we will have a track record, and that record will be able to speak for itself.

Thanks - Tom

Steve Lipsky
08-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Mr. Coleman,

There is a little contradiction as to the reasoning for the short race. In many posts, it is to give the average player a chance. But in at least one other post, it is to guarantee that the whole tournament will be completed in a two-table bar in 3 hours.

I tend to believe the latter. People, as Laura alluded, will pay to play in a tournament they might not necessarily win. They will pay to be part of an event. I play in the US Open every year, which is a helluva lot more expensive than your tournament. But for my money I get to play at least two races to 11, in front of a thousand people. I've been lucky enough to average two wins every year I go out there, so it's 4 races to 11. Even though I have no chance to win, and only a mediocre chance to even cash - I have deemed that this is enough play to justify spending the $500.

You are trying to get people to pay $20 for a race to 1, in the exciting aura of the local bar. Sure, you can say, "Who cares? It's only $20." But I could turn around and say, "Why play the pool? Let's just put the names in the hat and draw." I definitely agree with bolo on this point; you are setting up a lottery.

I may have missed your introductions to this forum, Mr. Coleman, but I do wonder how much of a pool player you are? I do not care at what level you play, I just want to know how dedicated you are to the game?

I do wish you luck, and I don't think you are out to scam anybody, for whatever that's worth. I'm just not convinced you know what most players would consider a successful tournament.

Respectfully,
Steve Lipsky

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 12:30 PM
When I play outside apa, it is with friends, handicapped local tournie or local non handicapped one where I get squashed. Believe it or not, I finally talked ww into that one.

I already talked to Tom on the phone and do understand now what he is trying to do. One of his tournies,will be an hour from where we live. It is the advanced one, so a little out of my price range, but hope to attend to watch, 'if the good Lord's willin and the creeks don't rise'.

The end. Not defending myself no more. rackmup and anybody else can think what they want.

bw

buddha162
08-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Tom,

I think a decent compromise is a race to 2. Anything more might prove too daunting to the lesser player, but best out of three games would remove much of the "lottery" aspect from the tourny. Just mho.

Roger

pooltchr
08-12-2003, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Wally,

My point exactly.

Bluewolf is the epitomy of the APA player...someone who has been in the game for a short period of time, never venturing beyond the safety of her team, playing by "slop" rules and actually believing she is getting better, spending money on lessons and not really learning much, etc.

I wonder...when was the last time she loaded her cues into her car or onto a plane and traveled to another city or state to play in a tournament against people she had never met? When is the last time she posted more than stamp money on the lamp and said "Let's play."

I hate to be so harsh and will direct this at no one in particular but the ignorance of some people really begins to grate on a man's nerves after a while.

Give Mr. Coleman a chance. I will wager a weeks wages that the majority of those questioning Mr. Coleman's tournament and the validity of it, never planned on attending it in the first place.

I respect the right to be inquisitive but to be accusatory without so much as a shred of evidence to support such suspicions borders on the absolute definition of foolishness.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>
TAP TAP TAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rackmup
08-12-2003, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> rackmup and anybody else can think what they want.

<hr /></blockquote>

Wow. Thanks for allowing me the right to have an opinion. I now feel complete.

Jeez,

Ken

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

Everytime I play in APA, I am 'loading up my cues', driving to a different town and playing people I do not know. Everytime I play in what I call a local tournament , I am loading up my cues and driving to another town. When I come to the ccb tournie, I will be 'loading up my cues', driving to another town and playing people I have not met in person.

And btw, I am not afraid to put myself out there, to put what skills I do have out there. Even without much time in the game, I am not afraid to compete against better pool players, I am not afraid to come to the ccb tournie, knowing how good every one will be there.

Can you say the same thing about yourself Ken? What excuse do you have for not being at the us open for the ccb tournie? And dont give us that money crap. You either have the courage to face the rest of the ccbers or you do not. What will it be ken? You can dish it out, can you take it?

Laura

rackmup
08-12-2003, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>Can you say the same thing about yourself Ken? What excuse do you have for not being at the us open for the ccb tournie? And dont give us that money crap. You either have the courage to face the rest of the ccbers or you do not. What will it be ken? You can dish it out, can you take it?<hr /></blockquote>

Gosh Laura...that's easy:

I have a job. One that won't allow me the time off from a Management Training Program that my company is spending thousands of dollars on to have me attend.

You know what a job is, correct? I know when you first arrived here at the CCB you didn't have one (one of your many posts) but I have to think unless you and WW are on a steady diet of Top Ramen and powdered Mac &amp; Cheese, you certainly must be working.

And as for having the "courage to face the rest of the CCB'ers"...Yeah...you have me there...I'm trembling in my boots.

In closing: Your comment, "You can dish it out, can you take it?" I really think you need to look deep within yourself before you start questioning anyone’s ability to "take it."
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>Everytime I play in APA, I am 'loading up my cues', driving to a different town and playing people I do not know.<hr /></blockquote>
Ah yes...the APA. That great bastion of defining ones tournament savvy and pool prowess. League night in the "Big MD." Separating the "Men from the Boys", one "skill level" at a time.

Honey...traveling across town isn't exactly what I meant. And, unless you are playing in the OPEN, you will just be one of many who "traveled with their cues."

Regards and enjoying a good a belly laugh right now,

Ken

Steve Lipsky
08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> What excuse do you have for not being at the us open for the ccb tournie? And dont give us that money crap. You either have the courage to face the rest of the ccbers or you do not. What will it be ken? You can dish it out, can you take it?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Laura, whatever history you and Ken have, that's fine. But this is simply ludicrous. The guy should take off work (which he said he can't) and spend boatloads of cash (don't know his financial situation) to play in a pool tournament with no cash prizes? And if he doesn't, he lacks courage??

Laura, you have probably taken more crap than you deserve, but the above is undefendable. In my opinion.

- Steve

tomcoleman
08-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Steve -

In the Super Pool Challenge - which is for "everyday" or the average pool player, it's as follows:

The 8-Ball Tournament is a single game - double elimination.

The 9-Ball Tournament is a "best 2 out of 3" set - double elimination. So, I guess it's a race to 2.

We kept it short to make a more level playing field, as well as, have an easy tournament for a pool establishment owner/manager to direct. Plus, with an 8 player bracket, even the smaller pubs, etc could participate.

If we decide to do the Advanced Series - it will be 9 Ball only, race to 5 - double elimination.

If you wish to pay a $500 entry fee Steve - I'll make a tournament for you and you can have a race to 100 if you wish. $20 is very affordable for a chance to win up to $10,000 in my opinion.

My pool ability - I play recreational and have played in dozens of local bar tournaments, but if I were to enter my own tournament, I would probably get beat in the 2nd round.

Roger -

It is a "best 2 outta 3" in 9-Ball. Only 8-Ball is it a single game. Plus - it's double elimination as well.

Thanks - Tom

bluewolf
08-12-2003, 04:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> What excuse do you have for not being at the us open for the ccb tournie? And dont give us that money crap. You either have the courage to face the rest of the ccbers or you do not. What will it be ken? You can dish it out, can you take it?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Laura, whatever history you and Ken have, that's fine. But this is simply ludicrous. The guy should take off work (which he said he can't) and spend boatloads of cash (don't know his financial situation) to play in a pool tournament with no cash prizes? And if he doesn't, he lacks courage??

Laura, you have probably taken more crap than you deserve, but the above is undefendable. In my opinion.

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Well when ken started 3 derogatory threads on me in one week, apparently ignoring was not working. Maybe that stroke I had cleared my veins or something. Maybe it gave me that fight back. Yeah I have taken a lot of crap and a lot of it is his!!!! What I said to him is no more ridiculous that lots of stuff he has said to me !!!

Laura

08-12-2003, 05:33 PM

rackmup
08-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Ooh. Now I'm really scared.

The mean ol' Whitewolf is mad.

It's easy to see why you two liked Fast Larry so much...the nut rarely falls too far from the tree.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha,

Ken (perhaps there is a discount if both attend counseling)

pooljunkie73
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
o.k. o.k. Who the hell is yappingwolf? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kent Mc.

rackmup
08-12-2003, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
o.k. o.k. Who the hell is yappingwolf? <hr /></blockquote>

One person with a problem chasing another person who has a problem with the problems the problem maker causes to the original person who had problems before the other person started creating new problems for the person who can't handle any problems but as I see it it isn't a problem unless you let it become one and that is what I have been trying to get through to the person with the original problem that now has a problem with the problem maker and me.

Jeez...it's not that tough.

Regards,

Ken (part of the problem but not the original problem)

pooljunkie73
08-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Oh, is that all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kent Mc.

Hopster
08-13-2003, 12:41 AM
One person with a problem chasing another person who has a problem with the problems the problem maker causes to the original person who had problems before the other person started creating new problems for the person who can't handle any problems but as I see it it isn't a problem unless you let it become one and that is what I have been trying to get through to the person with the original problem that now has a problem with the problem maker and me.
&lt;--Ken

Perfect spot for the line : "You got a problem ?"

Qtec
08-13-2003, 02:31 AM
I agree. This is a competition for ball bangers and novice players. The short race is to discourage the better players from entering.

Q

Qtec
08-13-2003, 02:50 AM
Ken, I like you better when you are funny . Give it up man.

Laura, this isnt your style. Let it go.

Q
[ WTF is going on here. I,m the 'bad'guy on this forum. Methinks Ken is trying to take over my spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif]

"

bluewolf
08-13-2003, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Ken, I like you better when you are funny . Give it up man.

Laura, this isnt your style. Let it go.

Q

" <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Q. I do not really like this kind of fight and I do not really like to be mean but when ignoring does not work and a person keeps comin at ya,playin dead is not kool either.

Likes to walk away from trouble but sometimes a person has to fight. But, OTOH, if Ken leaves me alone, I will leave him alone.

Laura

Qtec
08-13-2003, 04:59 AM
I,m not on anybody,s side Laura. I just call them as I see them.'

Q

rackmup
08-13-2003, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> if Ken leaves me alone, I will leave him alone.<hr /></blockquote>

A prerequisite to "leaving one alone" would require having an affect on the one in question in the first place.

And it's not me you dislike, it's the truth that I point out to you that causes you such disdain.

And Qtec...I am in no way, shape or form trying to take your spot as the "Mean One" on this board. That job is yours and yours to keep.

Now...go out and have a great day...all of you, including the two wolves.

Regards,

Ken (Bother me? Yeah, right)

Qtec
08-13-2003, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And Qtec...I am in no way, shape or form trying to take your spot as the "Mean One" on this board. That job is yours and yours to keep.

<hr /></blockquote>

As long as we've got that straight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a nice one too Ken.

Q

tomcoleman
08-13-2003, 05:28 AM
Why not all the wolves and their stalkers go make a thread on another board - this back and forth bickering isn't about pool and it is getting old. I feel like I'm reading a bumch of children posting nonsense.

Laura - just ignore them and move on.

Not being rude here, but seems the 3 or 4 of you bring your petty bitching onto many threads, and just waste space. This isn't the place for that.

Tom

rackmup
08-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Get used to it Mr. Coleman. It happens from time-to-time.

The questioning of your motives and integrity started it. It is surely almost finished. I know I am growing tired of it as well so I will soon cease my involvement much to the chagrin of Laura, I'm sure.

Regards,

Ken

jjinfla
08-13-2003, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
o.k. o.k. Who the hell is yappingwolf? <hr /></blockquote>

Jeez...it's not that tough.

Regards,

Ken (part of the problem but not the original problem) <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, you nailed it Ken. It seems intuitively clear to me. Jake

eg8r
08-13-2003, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny Baby, either put up or shut up.Bring it on, mouth. <hr /></blockquote> Hey WW, what are the terms for you and Voodoo? Is it still put up or shut up in reference to you and him? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

bluewolf
08-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Hi Ed. I heard VD cannot come to the open so he and I do not get to swim. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also regarding ww and vd, I do not think it is ww who issued the challenge. That interchange was a long time ago, though.

I only know I am coming. Anybody else want to swim???

Laura