PDA

View Full Version : The Grate Steak reservations

Karatemom
08-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Mark your calendar, put it in your planner, whatever, but we have reservations for 30 people on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 5:30 p.m. at The Grate Steak. I put the reservation under my name and they will call back in a week prior to confirm it in case anything has changed. I put this all on separate checks, because I wasn't sure how to do it, but if we want one check, I can change that when they call to confirm.

Heide ~ so, anyone up for a steak dinner?

Kato
08-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Jeez, I thought we were eating "Vegetarian" this year? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif For your sake I hope they at least serve salad!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~once ate a vegetable..........promise. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Heide,

I am so there with you guys in spirit!!!

Barbara~~~having flank steak tonight... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
By the time that Friday rolls around, that might be all that's left of me - spirit! LOL.

Wish you could make it.

Heide

Barbara
08-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Honey, one of these days I'm going to play in a tourny that I DO NOT HAVE TO RUN!!! HA!! Boy, wouldn't THAT be a vacation!!!!

Barbara~~~loves those Saturday night dinners with the girls... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
08-12-2003, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am so there with you guys in spirit!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Barbra I may take the trip and sit in for you.

Jim &lt;---Needs nuts

Brian in VA
08-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I am really looking forward to this. Last year I could only make it for Saturday, went two and out and then went to the Open. I've managed to get Friday off to spend the day at the Open and then steak dinner and then the tourney on Saturday. Got a room at the Holiday Inn for the 3 hours of sleep that I need to get. Oh forget it, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Can't wait to see you all there!
Brian

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

I sure hope we get the same waitress.. she was just great.

Will miss my bud VooDoo....

Mr Ingrate
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Heide,

The Bionic Woman and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

cueball1950
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
count me in. has to be better than the celebrity roast last year........................................mike

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks Heide! So I guess we'll meet at 5PM in the lobby of the Holiday Inn? While we waited there last year, we watched the Pros walking in on their way to the Roast.

Well, you can count me in. But I've just gotta sit next to Kato. That's how it was last year, and it's gotta be that way this year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Karatemom
08-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Meeting at 5 at the Holiday Inn sounds good, especially since we've got to figure out how on earth we're going to get there.

Heide

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Is that the place where you can cook your own steak? If so, me and Kato be grillin' and chillin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And if Keith McCready wants to go I'll buy his.

Rich R.
08-13-2003, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Meeting at 5 at the Holiday Inn sounds good, especially since we've got to figure out how on earth we're going to get there.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>
My wife and I will be there, as last year.

As long as one person knows how to get to the restaurant, we can play "follow the leader", also, like we did last year.
Except for Lester, that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
08-13-2003, 07:08 AM
Drats! All my friends eating steak and playing pool at the greatest specticle in US Pool. Think of me when you bite into that first tasty morsel, and I'll see if I can get a telepathic sample. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
08-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Alright Wally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I was the only one that took the plunge. But heck, what does some resturaunt know about cooking steak that I don't?

Wendy, it would be my distinct honor to sit next to you. In the lobby, in the convention center, at dinner.

Kato~~~likes grilling steak and likes sitting next the 9-Ball Girl

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2003, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Alright Wally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I was the only one that took the plunge. But heck, what does some resturaunt know about cooking steak that I don't?

Wendy, it would be my distinct honor to sit next to you. In the lobby, in the convention center, at dinner.

Kato~~~likes grilling steak and likes sitting next the 9-Ball Girl <hr /></blockquote>

Hate to break this to ya' bud but VIP Row C seat 21 is already taken /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Brady_Behrman
08-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Save a spot for me.

Brady_Behrman
08-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Grate stake has THE best Salad Bar. I have another steak house if this one fails. Yukon SteakLOOK HERE (http://www.yukonsteakco.com)

Eric.
08-14-2003, 07:22 AM
It's about time you showed up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brady_Behrman
08-14-2003, 07:24 AM
I've always been here. lol

Thanks eric

WesK
08-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Outstanding!

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2003, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Alright Wally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I was the only one that took the plunge. But heck, what does some resturaunt know about cooking steak that I don't?<hr /></blockquote>
I don't know but I could've sworn I heard your steak go "Mooooo" when you cut into it!

Wendy&lt;---likes a Medium steak...

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey Brady! We've gotta stop missing each other!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Glad you're gonna make it!

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2003, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Hate to break this to ya' bud but VIP Row C seat 21 is already taken /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>Ooooohhh yeah baby!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
08-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Exactly Wendy, that's how you're supposed to eat a steak. Bleeding all over the place and not quite dead when it gets to the table. Oh yeah, baked potato loaded!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

WesK
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Kato doesn't cook a steak. He more or less just shows it the grill to scare it before he eats it.

wes

Kato
08-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Wes. That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read!!!!!!!!

Kato

PS. I heard you got a new team member. Congrats

Brady_Behrman
08-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Still frozen in middle jut the way i like it...

J/K Medium 4 me

WesK
08-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, we did. Thanks.

JMD in VA
08-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Good Food!
Good Friends!
Great Pool!
Who could ask for anything more!

Can't wait to see everyone there, especially my girl Vickie!
Take care all!

JMD in VA
Don't beat him, Kick his ass!

Mr Ingrate
08-14-2003, 10:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Exactly Wendy, that's how you're supposed to eat a steak. Bleeding all over the place and not quite dead when it gets to the table. Oh yeah, baked potato loaded!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Now a Canadian would just say to the waitress, "knock its horns off, wipe its ass, and put it on a plate."

Kato
08-15-2003, 06:42 AM
At the Grate Steak though you cook it yourself so you don't have to go through the indignity of the waitress looking at you like you have 6 heads as well as the 20 some odd people at the table. My way I disappear with my drink for 3 minutes, appear to cook a steak, and come back to the table with a slightly browned piece of meat at which time the 20 some odd people at the table who have to wait for another 30 minutes for their food look at me like I have 6 heads. So what if there is blood all over the place? http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/ed/muccaproduction.gifDripping down my face as I stuff my gills with pleasurable super rare tender meat? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I mean, it's not quite like I run out to a pasture somewhere and take a bite out oi some poor cows leg.....................is it?

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
08-15-2003, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Mark your calendar, put it in your planner, whatever, but we have reservations for 30 people on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 5:30 p.m. at The Grate Steak. I put the reservation under my name and they will call back in a week prior to confirm it in case anything has changed. I put this all on separate checks, because I wasn't sure how to do it, but if we want one check, I can change that when they call to confirm.

Heide ~ so, anyone up for a steak dinner? <hr /></blockquote>

I'm am very proud to see the tradition continue from last year. I knew when I came with the idea of breaking bread with the CCB'ers last year that it would snowball into what seems to be an "event", if you will. I also knew someone would grab the ball and run with it...couldnt ask for any better "Cruise Director" than Heide, hell she runs the show up in corn country...handling you meatballs should be a snap!!!

Voodoo~~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif hopin' you'll drink one for me