PDA

View Full Version : The Big Apple Challenge Player List

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Looks like there's going to be some good playing going on this weekend! I had no idea a bunch of my non Pro buds were going to play:

First Annual Master Billiard Big Apple Challenge Player List

Confirmed and Paid:
Alex Lely
Amilcar Contreras
Anthony Cancilla
Bill Ferguson
Bob Ruffalo
Bobby Weimar
Brian Yi
Charlie Williams
Ching-Shun Yang
Chris Lynch
Chris Szuter
Corey B. Harper
Danny Barouty
Danny Harriman
Daryl Peach
Ed Boyle Jr.
Eddie Vazquez
Efren Reyes
Evan Broxmeyer
Evian Johnson
Fabio Petroni
Francisco Bustamante
Frank Alvarez III
Frankie Hernandez
Gareth Esprit
George "Ginky" SanSouci
Hsiao-Lan Fang
Holden Chin
Imran Majid
Ira Lee
Jack M. Smith
Jarrod Clowery
Jason Cruz
Jason Kane
Jimmy Conn
Jimmy Fusco
Jimmy Wetch
Joe Tucker
Joey Korsiak
John Fernandes
Jonathan Smith
Jose Parica
Kevin Smith
Lenny Favata
Luc Salvas
Mark Ransom
Max Eberle
Mike Davis
Mike Deneault
Mike O'Connor
Neils Fiejen
Nick van den Berg
Paul Carbin
Robb Saez
Rodney Morris
Ronny Park
Ryan McCreesh
Scott Bannon
Scott Casagrande
Sean "Alaska" Morgan
Steve Goulding
Steve Knight
Steve Lillis
Teddy Garrahan
Tony "Flaco" Rodriguez
Tony Crosby
Tony Robles
Tony Watson
Utpal Raval

Confirmed Pending Payment:
Alex Pagulayan
Ali Balushi
Corey Deuel
Curt Bergeest
Danny Basavich
Danny Hewitt
Gordon Maclellan
Jason Ross
Jim Rempe
Joe Cutler
Johnny Archer
Manabu Mori
Mika Immonen
Mike Pantoja
Nick Schulman
Nick Varner
Pat McNally
Raj Hundal
Ralf Souquet
Ronnie Wiseman
Santos Sambajon Jr.
Scott Ireland
Shawn Putnam
Steve Astashin
Thorsten Hohmann
Tommy O'Brien
Troy Frank
Young Hwa Jeong

pooljunkie73
08-12-2003, 10:01 PM
That is gonna be one hell of a tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Can anyone give me a drive to New York? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel
08-12-2003, 11:14 PM
MY GOODNESS, it's like WPC all over again...

Deniel <- loves WPC, wish they had it every month..

nAz
08-13-2003, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deniel:</font><hr> MY GOODNESS, it's like WPC all over again...

Deniel &lt;- loves WPC, wish they had it every month.. <hr /></blockquote>

It's Bull$hit NO Earl! fu@king UPA!

Bahahaha... Amilcar Contreras /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey wheres S. Lipsky?

would like to have seen Buddy Hall there.

Steve Lipsky
08-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey Naz. There are so many tournaments coming up in the next two months that I had to do a little picking and choosing. Between time off from work and some rather high entry fees, it was a tough, but necessary, choice to skip one.

I'm not happy about it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Steve

Alfie
08-13-2003, 05:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>It's Bull$hit NO Earl! fu@king UPA!<hr /></blockquote>Let's get this straight. Earl quit.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nAz
08-13-2003, 06:39 PM
@ Steve I understand, would have like to see ya kick some butt there /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

@ Alfie don't matter if he quit he should be allowed to play, anyone should. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ralph S.
08-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Looks like a definite A-list to me.

cueball1950
08-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey alfie,,, lets get some facts straight. Earl did not Quit as you put it. I know cuz i got it straight from the horses mouth. Earl himself at the open last year. I asked him what happened. This is what he told me. He had played in charlies tournament at the mall in virginia where he finished 9-12th. he went to CW to get paid the $600 he was owed. CW asked him to come back in and hour or so. Earl did. When he came back CW did not have his money or a check ready for earl. CW told him that he would mail him his check. earl got pissed and went outside and tore the UPA patch off his shirt and threw it in the garbage can sitting there. Someone saw this and told CW about it. CW/UPA sent Earl a letter telling him that they accepted his resignation from the UPA. Earl told me that he never resigned. CW threw him out. I believe earl was and is correct when he told me the following. I get paid to wear the other patches on my shirts and i have to pay CW/UPA to wear their logo. And THEY/CW get pissed at me when i cannot get paid at the end of a tournament and no longer want to wear a patch that i have to pay them to wear. This all was verified by another TOP pro standing there with us who was also there when this happened. So who is right and who is wrong. I think CW is in the wrong all the way. He should have paid Earl when the tourament was over and payed him when he came back as promised. So there are the facts as told to me by Earl. HE NEVER QUIT. CHARLIE WILLIAMS KICKED HIM OUT. AND BY THE WAY. EARLS DUES WERE PAID UP TO DATE AT THAT TIME. DID CW/UPA REFUND OR PRORATE TO EARL BACK SOME $$$$$$$$$$$. NOT ACCORDING TO EARL. cw KEPT THE DUES $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.HELL OF A WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS.......MIKE

pooljunkie73
08-14-2003, 12:10 AM
New York better get ready for a earthquake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith McCready just confirmed his entry in NYC.Best of luck Keith.

Kent Mc.

Alfie
08-14-2003, 12:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Hey alfie,,, lets get some facts straight... <hr /></blockquote>Mike, don't get your liver in a quiver. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, we've heard all about it before. Both sides. I don't know who is telling the truth. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in between, maybe not. I really don't care.

I think that a reconciliation would be in both UPA's and Earl's best interests. Doesn't matter who makes the first move. Doesn't matter if nobody apologizes, as long as they can agree to put this behind them and move forward.

Perhaps a third party can step up to facilitate and mediate. (perhaps a lawyer /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Keith McCready
08-14-2003, 03:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> New York better get ready for a earthquake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>

Thank you for your kind words. There will be an earthquake on the horizon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Earthquake

Keith McCready
08-14-2003, 03:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>So there are the facts as told to me by Earl.<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif(Hope Earl gets revenge by winning 50 large!)

Mike, hope to see you this weekend.

Earthquake

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2003, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith McCready:</font><hr> There will be an earthquake on the horizon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Earthquake <hr /></blockquote>Well, I hope it's just like a nightmare...
See you there!

jjinfla
08-15-2003, 06:36 AM
I thought that happened at the Preditor Cup in Orlando on Sunday last year. Jake