PDA

View Full Version : Eveything happens in 3's

Qtec
08-13-2003, 02:23 AM
Sometimes things happen that you have no control over. You might not want to get involved , but when the momment dictates action , you react or you dont.
I,m no hero , dont get me wrong . I mind my own buisness and try and avoid trouble whenever I can.

The first incident started with a knock on the door .My next door nieghbour [ nice woman with 3 great kids ] informs me that the downstairs neighbour [ man who likes a few cold ones ] is lying dead outside his door.I flew downstairs to find him not dead but lying comatose , choking on his own vomit. I turned him over on his side so that he could breathe and made sure he stayed calm until the medics arrived . Saw him the next day , right as rain. He didnt even remember that I was with him.
I felt that I had done a good thing, possibly saved his life .

Two days later , another knock on the door. It was the kid next door. She was in the hallway , playing with my cat and the door slammed shut behind her. The problem was there was something on the stove and her mother wasnt due home for hours.
No problem . I go to my balcony[ top floor ], climb onto the roof, over the roof, drop down to the roof of the stairway , shimmy along and then drop dpwn to the neighbours balcony [ where the door was open ] and hey presto'' , I,m in .
Q the human fly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good deed # 2.

I,m at the super, to cut a long story short , some anti-social brainless idiot, in an attempt to impress his girlfriend , puches a jong guy [ for nothing ] selling papers on the street. I jumped in and got them appart to stop further violence. When it was all over , my heart was pounding . I,m not a big guy [ 5'7" , 70 kilo ] and these guys were a good head taller than me . Just last year there was a guy beaten to death outside a super in similar circumstances.

Q , the reluctant hero. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q [ i,m just a guy ]

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Good morning Q.

You need to go ahead and stay in bed tomorrow. Life is becoming too exciting.

I'm glad you didn't fall off the roof. Me and eg8r wouldn't have anyone to argue with. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-13-2003, 06:36 AM
LOL. Yes, I am happy also.

Keep up the good work SuperQ, your people need you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Qtec
08-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Thanks guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SuperQ, mmm, I like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Sid_Vicious
08-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Recently at the PH I shoot at, a past employee(bartender) who happened to be a patron that day, assisted the staff outside the establishment in subduing a drunk, and he ended up getting hit in the head 5 times with a beer bottle, causing the need for 7 staples in his scalp. Lots of blood as I understand it, but no long lasting effects. I happen to be prone to duck physical conflicts, unless someone far less able to defend themselves is being abused. To say the least, I gotta be bigger than at least one of them...sid

UWPoolGod
08-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Good job Q... my good deed the other day was sprinting two left golf clubs by one of the women foursome in front of us to the green to return the clubs...whew!!

On another topic...you measure weight in Kilo's over there but height in ft/in? Don't mean to be a pest but just curious.

Todd

nAz
08-13-2003, 02:47 PM
good man super Q

Chris Cass
08-13-2003, 02:51 PM
SuperQ? I like that too!

Regards,

C.C.~~I need help too. LOL

Qtec
08-13-2003, 02:52 PM
You can tell how long ago it was when I last measured my height. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

173cm. Slip of the mind.

Q

UWPoolGod
08-13-2003, 03:05 PM
LOL I know how you feel.

Todd <--- doesn't know his height in cm

Qtec
08-13-2003, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C.C.~~I need help too. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

This is what i've heard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No power on the break? Try taking a run at it . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuperQ /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Candyman
08-13-2003, 07:23 PM
We gotta be careful guys! Give Q and inch and he will take a meter! Good job SuperQ.

Lock (Long time fan of the Late Dale Earnhardt. #3 lives on)

cueball1950
08-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey SUPER Q..will you be my neighbor. nice going. everybody seems to be in good hands when you are around. better than allstate. or so their motto goes. keep up the good work.............................................. mike

SpiderMan
08-14-2003, 12:03 PM
QT,

A little off topic, but what is a "jong guy"?

SpiderMan

UWPoolGod
08-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I caught that too, but didn't mention it...I thought he tried to say "young".

OnePocketChamp
08-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Boy do I now believe in the power of three, last monday I went to work as is usual (1) told immediately that I was being laid off; that same monday at 2:00pm my Doctor called to tell me my blood sugar was above the moderate level (mine was 178) and I was in the early stages of diabetes; (3) at 5:30pm that very same night I got a really great haircut. Damn, those three's!!!!!!!

SpiderMan
08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
I assumed it meant some kind of street vendor. Heck, over there it might mean "bong guy"!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Qtec
08-15-2003, 03:17 AM
A slip of the mind, Spiderman . 'Jong 'means young in English. 'Jonge' means 'boy' . Sometimes I dont notice the difference between Dutch and English. A lot of the words are very similar .

eg. Ken [ Rackmup ] mentioned the word 'ken 'in a post. In Scotland the word means 'to know '. In Dutch , its the same . To deny= ontkennen. To admit= bekennen. etc
I know you = Ik ken jou.

The only time I think in English is when i'm on the web.

Switching from one language to the other can be confusing. Dont you agree ?

Q

UWPoolGod
08-15-2003, 08:12 AM
HA! I WAS RIGHT!! Why I thought it was young was because of the german jung,junge, junger. I learned more about English by taking German in high school and college than I ever did growing up as a kid.