PDA

View Full Version : Promoter plans pool tournament from jail

PQQLK9
08-13-2003, 07:43 AM
Even from jail, Barry Behrman is making sure his nationally known pool tournament will go on next month at the Chesapeake Conference Center.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=58296&ran=153705

bolo
08-13-2003, 08:10 AM
You read this stuff and you can't believe it. He get a big break and twice has already violated his probation. Like Dr. Phil says "Want to know the future, just look at the past". I hope the tournament comes off well but I have no sympathy for Barry at all. Of course this nothing to do with the double steer he did to me that cost me $2000. Nice guy, Yea.

Qtec
08-13-2003, 02:48 PM
6 years for a victomless crime? Seems a bit steep to me.

Poor guy.

Q

stevelomako
08-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Selling alcohol (and kids doing whatever dope) to minors at a crap game in your home is victimless, ok.

Anyone....And I mean ANYONE that lets minors do anything around their home or business deserves jail in the very least, and I don't give a [censored] who disagrees or what a nice guy he is, what he's done, that he's made a mistake and he'll change, give him a chance please.

When the hell are people going to take responsibilty for their actions.

Lets empty all the prisons by asking the inmates if they are going to do whatever crime that they're in for again and if they say no, let them out.

I've got no problem about the crap game, but when it comes to children I get really pissed off! Hope they stick his coke sniffin ass away quick, hopefully with some of those holier than thou priest's that preyed on children.

I want to see who is able to justify this.

Steve

Qtec
08-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Steve , obviously you know more about this than I do , or the rest of the forum. I can only go by what I read .

[ QUOTE ]
earlier this year Behrman pleaded guilty to, among other charges, two felony counts of conducting an illegal gambling operation from his $625,000 Chesapeake home. With the plea bargain, drug charges were dropped. Behrman received a suspended sentence of six-plus years and was fined $1,000 <hr /></blockquote>

Q

eg8r
08-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Ha ha, pretty funny again. That is all the research you are going to do. If this was on the NPR board, you would be citing the ACLU and anyone else that had something to say.

eg8r

Qtec
08-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Enlighten me then . You obviously know more about the backround to this than I do .

How does someone having a crap game in his house affect you . He has a problem with drugs , so do half the population . How many people on Prozac , Valium and other tranquilisers?

He broke the law , ok . Does that mean he has to do 6 years.

I will say this again, you can get 5 years for smoking a bud in your own house . If you rig an election, you get promoted.The guys from World.com Enron etc cheated millions of people . Where are they . Probably the Bahamas.

IMO, its all out of whack .

Q