PDA

View Full Version : I was told I am not a gamester!

bluewolf
08-13-2003, 08:01 AM
After WW last post and our subsequent discussion, I was told I am not a gamester. What is the difference between a gamester and a hustler? A friendly wager sounds okay to me, but neither of those other two sound very good to me, so I am wondering about them, how one differs from the other.

Never played for more than a beer and that was 30 years ago, so I just want to know.

Laura

Barbara
08-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Why don't you ask the person who told you this?

Barbara~~~is it me or is this just too obvious?

Eric.
08-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Maybe it's a tough guy wearing a pinstriped suit, .45 handgun in his belt, carrying a Monopoly board game under his arm?

Eric >never a gamester but had a Sportster

bolo
08-13-2003, 08:19 AM
A lot of good players are as you call them "gamesters". They will often make what they know is a bad game, (Usually due to reputation it, is the best they can get), and try to win at it anyway. Sometimes called, out running the nuts, it is very rewarding to win at a game where everyone thought you were in a trap. A hustler is just trying to win some money and does not care about the personal reward of having played well. He may get some pleasure out of what he may see as his cleverness and deception, but that is about it.

Chris Cass
08-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Laura,

The best advice I can give you is, don't take what everyone says to you so serious. Players often say what they think and if you take it to heart you'll drive yourself crazy. Just blow it off and worry about what Ray says.

As far as weather your a gamster or hustler goes. What difference does it make anyway? It's an opinion and nothing more. Just keep plugging away at your game and you'll be fine. IMO There's no such thing as an hustler. Anyone with a game is known sooner or later. Not to mention, spots. Spots or handicaping is done even with SL2's.

C.C.