PDA

View Full Version : Netscape/CCB URL Link Problem

Sid_Vicious
08-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I developed a sudden problem with the CCB and my Netscape browswe, all in the last 24 hours. It gives the same lame error screen, both on my home PC and an office PC which runs Netscape. It works fine with Explorer. Anyone else running Netscape and having success???sid

nAz
08-13-2003, 08:40 PM
what error message do you get?

Use Opera best browser out there

Qtec
08-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Hope its not an RPC error.

Q

Rod
08-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Nope, but the CCB did go down earlier today. Well it did in my neighborhood and I use IE. I have no idea when it come back alive.

bluewolf
08-14-2003, 03:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Hope its not an RPC error.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

I had that RPC thing and so did a lot of people on the cable around here. We had to dl a bunch of ms updates but could not stay on long enough to get them. A tech friend helped me get around that.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
08-14-2003, 06:38 AM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/phpAdsNew/adjs.php?clientID=1&amp;target=_blank&amp;withText=0

I get this. Strange...sid

Rich R.
08-14-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> http://www.billiardsdigest.com/phpAdsNew/adjs.php?clientID=1&amp;target=_blank&amp;withText=0

I get this. Strange...sid <hr /></blockquote>
Sid, that is the message I was getting, part ofthe time, when the whole web site went down for a couple of days. I thought it was strange that I was getting the Billiards Digest heading, but nothing else.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. I defer to the computer guru's.

Qtec
08-14-2003, 06:54 AM
It was probably the server. If you DL this nifty piece of software [ see this thread 'nAz, you will love this.']it will tell you where the fault is and anything you want to know about your connection.
Punch in an IP and you can see the route your connection takes.

Its brilliant .

Q

Sid_Vicious
08-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Whatever it is, I figure BD has triggered it cuz each of three machines(2 at work and my home box) running Netscape 4.7 ALL currently trigger the same error screen. That is too circumstantial to believe it's not from the source(BD server.) Something quickly said, "I don't like Netscape anymore." sid

heater451
08-15-2003, 10:16 PM
. . .clearing the cache?

--Just a stab in the dark, but it might be holding onto the page from days before.

(Too tired to troubleshoot--just finished a system reload, after chasing my tail on it for two days, and discovering that, once again, I was the idiot in the equation. . . .)

====================