PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Arms Dealer Nabbed

Qtec
08-14-2003, 04:34 AM
Is it just me , or do I smell a rat .

Is this a major blow to the terrorists or is is another propoganda exercise ala Pvt Lynch ?

This validity of this quote bothers me .

[ QUOTE ]
According to federal prosecutors, the international arms dealer, who boasted of sales to terrorist groups, thought he had struck a deal to sell a missile to a Somali group looking to launch a "jihad" against a U.S. plane.

He tried to sell the group 200 missiles, and insisted it buy 50 after it received the first one. The price for the first missile: $85,000.

The man claiming to represent the Somali group man was in fact an informant for the United States; the missile he brought into the country was a dud; and the undercover Russian authorities who sold it to him were in on the whole plan.

A government source said the cooperating witness was a drug informant seeking leniency
<hr /></blockquote>

If a terrorist wanted one of these rocket launchers, why not buy on in Afgahnistan or Iraq . Anywhere where there has been war basically. For $85,000 you could buy a tank . I,m sure in America there are militia,s that have this kind of weaponry. I,ll bet a machine gun could bring down a 747 if aimed at the fuel tank.

In this article [ cnn/ bbc ]its mentioned that one of these RLs can fit into a golf bag!

This seem like entrapment , rather than a sting.

Its BS

Q

eg8r
08-14-2003, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This seem like entrapment , rather than a sting.

Its BS <hr /></blockquote> You crack me up. I cannot stop laughing. Thank you, this was a great way to start the morning. I love a good joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Qtec
08-14-2003, 06:48 AM
When you stop laughing .[ Q, lol] give me your opinion .

Look at the facts . Its PR. Two GOVT's set up an arm,s dealer [ its a ligitimate buisness ]with the help of a real terrorist who makes a deal to save his own skin.

Are there no weapons of this kind floating about in Iraq or Afghanistan ?

Q. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-14-2003, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look at the facts . Its PR. Two GOVT's set up an arm,s dealer [ its a ligitimate buisness ]with the help of a real terrorist who makes a deal to save his own skin.

Are there no weapons of this kind floating about in Iraq or Afghanistan ?
<hr /></blockquote> What are you questioning, the fact that they nailed the dealer, or the fact that you think it would be easier to buy this stuff out of Afghanistan or Iraq?

I do not find it highly unlikely that two different gov'ts could work together. So, I am not questioning what happened until someone comes up with some proof that this was all a set-up.

eg8r

Hopster
08-14-2003, 12:15 PM
I,ll bet a machine gun could bring down a 747 if aimed at the fuel tank. &lt;--Qtec

Uhhhhhhh, Q, in a word = NO.
You would have to be right under it on take off or have to be the greatest shot the world has ever seen.
The only thing i could think of would be a .50 and where the hell are you going to set up to be that close ? And to hit the fuel tank you would porbably need tracer rounds to set it off.
Im no expert on it by any means but i dont like your chances.

Cueless Joey
08-14-2003, 12:24 PM
It's funny how the world is always suspicious of the US.
No matter what.
We nab a terrorist, it's a PR ploy.
9-11? US and Israel consipiracy.
Plane going down on the Pentagon? No, it was a truck inside.
War in Iraq? Bush was after their oil.

kingarthur
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me , or do I smell a rat . <hr /></blockquote>

Dear caveman,

I do not smell a rat. However, I do smell caveman poop.

Over and Out,
Arthur
King of Camelot

Qtec
08-15-2003, 02:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> It's funny how the world is always suspicious of the US. <font color="blue"> Its your own fault. Check your country,s record. </font color>
No matter what.
We nab a terrorist, it's a PR ploy. <font color="blue"> He is not a terrorist , he's an arms dealer. The US and Russia are the biggest arms dealers in the world. </font color>
9-11? US and Israel consipiracy. <font color="blue"> Most Arabs think that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11. Thats how much distrust there is. </font color>
War in Iraq? Bush was after their oil. <font color="blue"> Now you are catching on.</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Q

Qtec
08-15-2003, 03:40 AM
I,m amazed you can smell anything above the odour coming from your chail-mail underpants .

Q

eg8r
08-15-2003, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most Arabs think that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11. Thats how much distrust there is. <hr /></blockquote> What do they serve in your water coolers...Whatever it is you need to lay off it a little.

eg8r

Qtec
08-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Do you think I'm joking ?

I never said I agree with that statement .

Q

eg8r
08-15-2003, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think I'm joking ? <font color="blue"> I think it is amazing that you know what most Arabs are thinking. </font color>

I never said I agree with that statement . <font color="blue"> Good, I also never said you did. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Cueless Joey
08-15-2003, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> It's funny how the world is always suspicious of the US. <font color="blue"> Its your own fault. Check your country,s record. </font color>
No matter what.
We nab a terrorist, it's a PR ploy. <font color="blue"> He is not a terrorist , he's an arms dealer. The US and Russia are the biggest arms dealers in the world. </font color>
9-11? US and Israel consipiracy. <font color="blue"> Most Arabs think that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11. Thats how much distrust there is. </font color>
War in Iraq? Bush was after their oil. <font color="blue"> Now you are catching on.</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Q <hr /></blockquote>
And you expect the Arabs to have an intelligent opinion on 9-11? They celebrated in Saudi Arabia when 9-11 happened.
Maybe some other country can police the world. Maybe France and Netherlands can get together.

Qtec
08-18-2003, 03:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Do you think I'm joking ? <font color="blue"> I think it is amazing that you know what most Arabs are thinking. </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
ADL Says U.S. Based Anti-Semites Are Feeding Sept. 11 Rumor Mill
New York, NY, November 9, 2001 (Updated December 5, 2001)... Jews and Israel are being blamed in some Muslim and Arab countries and media for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which tracks hate groups and exposes extremism, has confirmed that some of these rumors are being fueled by U.S.-based extremists and anti-Semites.

"Anti-Semites in the U.S. have always exploited current events to make the case for blaming America's troubles on Jews and Israel," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "The September 11 terrorist attacks, however, have created a new dynamic where rhetoric of anti-Semites in this country is being picked up and recycled in some segments of the Muslim and Arab world to advance hateful myths and conspiracy theories about Israel and Jews

<hr /></blockquote>

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, I just guess that is the truth then. Because a hate group has decided to point fingers at the very group they hate, SuperQ has decided that these "segments" of Arabs and Muslims are the heart beat of the rest of the Arab/Muslim world. I wonder if these segments are the extremist Muslims???

Give it a rest, obviously these hate groups were not watching the TV. I do not remember any of the hijackers being Jewish.

Also, where did that quote come from????

eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Why would an anti semitic watchdog group start a rumour that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11 ?

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anti-Semite (noun) -
1. someone who hates and would persecute Jews
Synonyms: Jew-baiter

<hr /></blockquote> eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 09:37 AM
I understand the word .

'anti semitic watchdog group '.

A Jewish orginisation that scans the press and reports on instances and outings of anti semitism .

So, why would they start a rumour that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11 ?

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
I am mistaken, I was not paying attention. I did not where it said the watchdog group started the rumor. I thought they were relaying a "rumor" heard from one of these AS groups. Where did the quote you made say the watchdog group started the rumor?

Where is the link to your information. The quote looked like some news clip but you did not give the link to the rest of the article.

eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:03 AM
http://www.adl.org/presrele/mise%5F00/3959%5F00.asp

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, why would they start a rumour that the Israelis had a hand in 9/11 ? <hr /></blockquote> Based on the first paragraph of that press release it does not sound like the ADL is starting any rumor. Here is a section from the very first paragraph.... [ QUOTE ]
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which tracks hate groups and exposes extremism, has confirmed that some of these rumors are being fueled by U.S.-based extremists and anti-Semites.
<hr /></blockquote> It appears from that sentence that the extremists are starting it all, not the watchdog group.

eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Ed, read this whole thread again . I am not saying that the ADL started the rumour . I said that many Arabs think this . Thats all . The ADL confirms this . You asked me how I new that Arabs were thinking this . I gave you an answer .

My point was the extent of the mistrust beteen the Arabs and the US.

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Nah, I was just trying to answer your question. You were asking why the watchdog group was starting the rumor, and I was showing you that it did not start any rumor nor was any other watchdog group starting a rumor.

eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Show me where I said that.

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 01:03 PM
You said it at.... [ QUOTE ]
08/18/03 11:15 AM <hr /></blockquote> I took that question as you asking me why they did it.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
08-18-2003, 10:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>Maybe some other country can police the world. <hr /></blockquote>1: Why should the US spend huge amounts of money, resources, and some lives policing the world?

2. Does the world generally wants to be policed by the US or any other country?

3. Is invading another country without provocation a police action or an act of aggression and a violation of a nations sovereign rights?

4. Does it make any sense to invade another country unless you take their resources for your own benefit to the extent that it pays for the invasion plus provides a profit above and beyond the cost of the takeover?