PDA

View Full Version : Its hot, its dammed hot .

Qtec
08-14-2003, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An estimated 3,000 people have died in France of heat-related causes in the past two weeks, the health ministry says.

Paris morgues are full, and air conditioned tents have been set up to hold bodies of the dead, according to the city's funeral services chief and television reports. <hr /></blockquote>

Even here in Rotterdam , you hear the sirenes all day long. We are just not used to it being over 35 c for two weeks in a row.

Q

eg8r
08-14-2003, 10:20 AM
I can understand if they are not used to the weather, but really that is not all that bad at all. Those poor people do not stand a chance in Arizona/New Mexico, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully it cools down for you guys. Soon everyone will be jumping on the Global Warming bandwagon again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Qtec
08-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Now that you mention it ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Rod
08-14-2003, 10:45 AM
I go out and exercise usually once a day. It is in the shade but even there it is 110. I didn't yesterday because of working on my car in the sun. It failed emissions /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm looking for a tool right now while I cool down. LOL

I heard of a cold front coming in, well make that cloudy and humid as hell. Another one of those fake rains. It did sprinkle last night!. OK water break is over, see ya.

Rod

nAz
08-14-2003, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I can understand if they are not used to the weather, but really that is not all that bad at all. Those poor people do not stand a chance in Arizona/New Mexico, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

ahh thats "dry Heat" not as humid its been in Euro. Damn Fossile fuels! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopster
08-14-2003, 12:05 PM
An estimated 3,000 people have died in France of heat-related causes in the past two weeks, the health ministry says. &lt;--Qtec

Maybe they will call the the States and ask for 300,000 air conditioners. Theyre probably too stupid to figure out how to turn them on without us showing them anyway.

Cueless Joey
08-14-2003, 12:10 PM
This just proves that beer is healthier than wine.

Rod
08-14-2003, 01:10 PM
dry my butt ()|(), /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif after some nice wet afternoon clouds and a sprinkle it gets real humid. Well that and it's still dam hot. Now if its not monsoon season then it's dry.

~~~ rod, just ate a few dry saltines to toughen me up. OK, cracker break is over, back to the carburetor /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Candyman
08-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Try NYC, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa. They are in a major power outage. Hopefully this isn't terrorist related.

Ward
08-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Nice post.... People are dying and you want to bash the French....

Hopster
08-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Nice post.... People are dying and you want to bash the French.... &lt;--Ward

Not enough of them as far as im concerned.

Rod
08-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Let me add to that. OK, I did get the car through emissions after a few hours in the sun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I notice a couple of other things that I'll take care of tomorrow. Now it's raining cats and dogs, it will be humid as hell tomorrow.
Did I mention hot too?

~~~ Rod, is out of crackers

Qtec
08-15-2003, 12:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Nice post.... People are dying and you want to bash the French.... &lt;--Ward

Not enough of them as far as im concerned. <hr /></blockquote>

WHY ?

Q