PDA

View Full Version : Campaign- Bring Them Home Now

Qtec
08-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Anybody else see this on the news.

CNN News [ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Susan Schuman's son writes home from Iraq complaining of poor living conditions, skimpy water rations and dozens of daily attacks on U.S. troops that go unreported.

The mother of a Massachusetts National Guardsman stationed in Iraq since March, Schuman has joined others -- longtime pacifists, military veterans and parents with children on extended deployments -- in a campaign to bring them home.

"Our soldiers are demoralized. They are fighting an illegal and unjustified war," Schuman said at a news conference Wednesday introducing the campaign, Bring Them Home Now
<hr /></blockquote>

Dozens ?

Q

eg8r
08-14-2003, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Our soldiers are demoralized. They are fighting an illegal and unjustified war," Schuman said at a news conference Wednesday <hr /></blockquote> This quote throws all credibility out the window.

eg8r

bolo
08-14-2003, 11:13 AM
I think some of them are getting the reality that the military is more then just a way to get a free education. Everyday police men and firemen do their jobs, they don't say the first time they have to go into a burning building, "Hay, wait a minute, I could get hurt doing this". I can see how some families feel, but those currently in the military should not voice opinion. I watched a lot of the protest on c span and many of them were kooks who jump on what ever band wagon it passing by.

nAz
08-14-2003, 11:33 AM
yep I agree. thats why they should bring back free education like they had years back (CUNY) and start a lottery draft, that way rich well off kids can get drafted and sent off to fight.
Hmm maybe politians won't be so quick to starts wars... hmmmm

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopster
08-14-2003, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> yep I agree. thats why they should bring back free education like they had years back (CUNY) and start a lottery draft, that way rich well off kids can get drafted and sent off to fight.
Hmm maybe politians won't be so quick to starts wars... hmmmm

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Nice thought Naz but forget it. If they did bring it back all they would do is pull strings to get Poll,s kids and rich kids out of it anyway, just like they have always done.

Qtec
08-15-2003, 04:08 AM
eg8r, your method of argument is ludicrous. You read a whole article [ with your REP specs on ] and ignore the facts if you can find one inaccuracy.

If you would apply this method to GW, he is surely unbelieveable.
There are no WMD.
Saddam had no connection with Al Q.
There was no attempt to buy uranium.
The 45 minute claim . [ the Iraqis couldnt assemble a Lego missile in 45 minutes.]

Why do you believe GW and Co and in the face of so many lies and contradictions ?

There was no immediate threat from Iraq.
End of story .

Do you remember when GW tried to put Sen McCain down on the subject of War Veterans. He assured everybody that HE was better for the Vets than McCain.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/politics/camp/020500wh-gop-mccain.html

How is GW treating the Veterans.?

Was Private Lynch shot and stabbed ?

Was she 'saved '.

Need I go on ?

Q

eg8r
08-15-2003, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are no WMD. <font color="blue"> Where is your proof, mister inspector???? </font color>
Saddam had no connection with Al Q. <font color="blue"> A bit naive. </font color>
There was no attempt to buy uranium. <font color="blue"> It definitely was bad information passed on to the President (who did not know at the time it was bad information).</font color>
The 45 minute claim . [ the Iraqis couldnt assemble a Lego missile in 45 minutes.] <font color="blue"> I guess your opinion is golden. </font color>

Why do you believe GW and Co and in the face of so many lies and contradictions ? <font color="blue"> I have seen very little lies, maybe the one about Bush not knowing Ken Lay, but what other lies are you referring to??? <font color="red"> Remember, before you reply to that question you might want to read the definition of a lie. </font color> </font color>

There was no immediate threat from Iraq. <font color="blue"> I believe he was tied to Al Qaeda (sp?) therefore I also believe he was giving money to help support them, which would put Iraq in the immeadiate threat group. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Why are you forgetting that Saddam told the UN he had the WMD's. He already admitted it when he said he would destroy them. I guess that logic is not easy enough for you to understand.

eg8r

Qtec
08-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Ken Lay and Enron deserve a thread on their own.

Ken Lay is a crook. He should do time.

The rest of the parasites should do time also.

Just a taste .

http://www.montanaforum.com/rednews/2002/02/07/build/accountability/enron.php?nnn=2

Q

Qtec
08-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Where is your proof ? You say that Saddam has WMD. The US is the one thats making the accusations. Although Saddam did give money to the FAMILIES of 'martyrs'[ their word , not mine ] after their houses were demolished by the Israelis and they are thrown onto the street.
{ COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT IS A CLEARLY AGAINST THE GENEVA CONVENTION AS IS THE HOLDING OF PRISONERS IN CUBA ].
Where is your proof that he helped Al Q ? [ Saddam was not a religious fanatic . He actively suppressed the power of religious leaders in Iraq. He didnt tolerate any opposition to his power . It doesnt make sense for him to support Al Q.

If you make an accusation , you are the one who has to prove that it is true. Or has GW changed the law as well as the dictionary.

Its typical of this administration that nobody takes responsibility. Not even GW,s buddy , KEN LAY. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

eg8r
08-15-2003, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is your proof ? You say that Saddam has WMD. The US is the one thats making the accusations. <hr /></blockquote> My proof is with the UN. This is all part of the Resolutions...Saddam agreed to destroy the WMDs. If he agreed to destroy, don't you think that is proof enough that he had them? The man said, OK, I will destroy them and I will document the destruction. It appears he did not destroy, instead rather he hid them, or shuffled them out of the country. Hopefully we will hear conclusive evidence next month. There was a news article a little while ago that stated they found 30 fighter planes completely buried. They appeared to be buried in a hurry since no precautions were taken to ensure the planes would not be ruined. If they can bury a plane, then WMDs should not be that tough either.

[ QUOTE ]
Where is your proof that he helped Al Q ? [ Saddam was not a religious fanatic . He actively suppressed the power of religious leaders in Iraq. He didnt tolerate any opposition to his power . It doesnt make sense for him to support Al Q.
<hr /></blockquote> This part is belief, no proof yet. As far as Saddam repressing religious leaders...Duh, I cannot think of a single dictator allowing his people to speak against him. Saddams hatred of the US is shared with the Al Qaeda and Bin Laden, one would be foolish to not think they have worked together (planning, money, etc).

Would you please quote the parts of the Geneva Convention that say the holding of prisoners in Cuba is illegal.

[ QUOTE ]
If you make an accusation , you are the one who has to prove that it is true. <hr /></blockquote> Look in the mirror mister. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Back to your accusation, "There are no WMDs", do you stand by your quoted statement????

[ QUOTE ]
Its typical of this administration that nobody takes responsibility. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, this is typical of your posts. You like to make it seem that every other government is somehow without fault, past and present, but this current US is awful.

eg8r

eg8r
08-15-2003, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ken Lay and Enron deserve a thread on their own.
<hr /></blockquote> I was semi-agreeing with you, actually giving an example and you still did not catch it. You made an accusation that he was a liar and failed to show any proof of a lie. I did give an example of his (meaning Bush) lie (Bush said he did not really know Ken Lay) and you stun us with this quote. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r