PDA

View Full Version : Another brilliant move by the Netherlands?

Fran Crimi
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
If you've been up on the news there, they've been battling this gawd-awful chicken disease that's been killing off their chickens. So the gov't over there made a good move. They banned the inclusion of chicken poop in their fertilizers until further notice.

Then they made a very very bad move. They reversed the ban. But guess what? The chickens are still sick and still infected with the disease. Was there a cave-in to special interest groups? Looks like it. It certainly wasn't lifted to consider the best interest of the population.

So there you have it. They are now allowing fertilizer to be manufactured with chicken poop from diseased chickens. So, when someone tells you to "eat your veggies" in the Netherlands, I think I might say..."Nah, I think I'll pass."

Fran ~~ Canceled my order for tulip bulbs from Holland.

rukiddingme
08-14-2003, 02:44 PM
You obviously never been to the annual International Poultry Show in Atlanta at the convention center in mid January. I must say that I have attended more often than I wanted to and know much to much about the industry to share here...lol(at least 8 times...for business of course)
Feed containing "crap" is internationally used. Tyson, Perdue all use it.
ruk
BTW are you anti-dutch? seems that you have written a few posts slamming the dutch as of late.

Qtec
08-15-2003, 03:35 AM
Fran , it this the best you can do ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes , there was a breakout of this disease and of course the Govt went over the top . One Vet caught this disease and died. The fact that it was passed from animal to man caused an over-reaction which resulted in millions of [ healthy ] chickens being slaughtered.

A Texan , driving through the backroads of Kentucky, is amazed when a chicken , doing at least 50 mph, overtakes him . The Texan follows the dust trail and arrives at an old shack. Looking around the yard he sees lots of 3 legged chickens walking about. Realising the obvious buisness potential in 3legged chickens and wondering why they are not already in the supermarkets, he asks the old man who is sitting on the porch " Mister , are these chickens ok to eat".

The old man replies , "I dont know . Never been able to catch one ".

Q

SpiderMan
08-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Haaaa ha ha ah ah ha!!!!!

I'm stealing that one!!!!!

SpiderMan

Keith Talent
08-15-2003, 04:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> BTW are you anti-dutch? seems that you have written a few posts slamming the dutch as of late.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey, somebody needs to keep up a little sniper fire to keep the ferocious Q pinned down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
08-16-2003, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Fran , it this the best you can do ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, it's not any worse than some of your stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I tried to find articles on rigged voting in the Netherlands, but you guys are keeping that stuff secret. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll keep looking. I know it's there somewhere!

Until next time....

Fran

Fran Crimi
08-16-2003, 08:33 AM
No, I'm not anti-Dutch. I was just razzing Q a bit.

I know about the chicken crap in fertilizers but I never heard of it used in chicken feed. Nice. Well, I hope it's not diseased.

Fran

Fran Crimi
08-16-2003, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> BTW are you anti-dutch? seems that you have written a few posts slamming the dutch as of late.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey, somebody needs to keep up a little sniper fire to keep the ferocious Q pinned down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Right you are, Keith. BTW, will you give me some help here? I can't do it all on my own! LOL

Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2003, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr>

You obviously never been to the annual International Poultry Show in Atlanta at the convention center in mid January. I must say that I have attended more often than I wanted to and know much to much about the industry to share here...lol.....<hr /></blockquote>

I just read a book called "Fast Food Nation". I think I'm going to start eating free-range meat /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif