PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Pool Scene???

Ketchup
08-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Well, I've made my mind up to get out of Missippissi...oops..I meant Mississippi. Alot of people tell me to go to Chicago. I decided to move there in a few months. Anyone know how the pool scene is there? Leagues, tournaments, action?

Scott Lee
08-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Ketchup...You will love the Chicago pool scene. There are plenty of leagues (VNEA, BCA & APA are all strong); dozens of tournaments; and all the action you can stand! LOL There are at least a dozen poolrooms in the Chicago area, where you can find action, but most of the gamblers hang out at Chris's Billiards, a 40-table room, that's been around for 30 yrs.

Scott Lee

jjinfla
08-15-2003, 06:18 AM
Look up George Fels or Keir Graff. They write for BD and are from Chicago. Maybe GF will invite you to his humble abode on the 42nd floor overlooking the Chicago Skyline and you guys can play pool at three in the morning in your underwear. Tallest building in Chicago = John Hancock.
Jake

hemicudas
08-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Sears might have somthing to say about that "Tallest Building" JJ. But, having lived there for 20yrs and being from Mississippi myself, I finally moved back home to MS but it wasn't for lack of action in Chicago. TONS of it. Try the Joliet area too.

Scott Lee
08-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Ummmmm, Jake...Sorry, but the Hancock is NOT the tallest building in Chicago. It hasn't been for more than 2 DECADES...ever since they built the Sears Tower! LOL BTW, GF does not live in the Hancock.

Scott Lee

dooziexx
08-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Ketchup,
Im live in a chicago suburb and in almost every pool hall that I know, there a free publication called Chalk Talk. Pick one up and theres a listing off all the Weekly Tourneys that are held during the week. Also theres a listing of specific date tourneys too. For a free magazine, its pretty good and there are tons of local pool halls that runs ads in there so you'll get an idea where all the action is.

Im not sure which part of chicago you are moving too but if you want some action out in the 'burbs, go to the Green Room in Downers Grove on Tuesday nites. Lots of strong players play in the tourney on that nite and Im sure lots of them will give you all the action you want.

Have fun!

ONE POCKET GHOST
08-16-2003, 03:28 PM
HEY CATCH UP, IF YOU'RE A DECENT ONE POCKET PLAYER, SEND ME AN E-MAIL WHEN YOU GET TO TOWN. ^_^