PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Glass City Open

Brady_Behrman
08-14-2003, 10:10 PM
I just finished building the Glass City Open website. I want to hear my pals feedback..

http://vbwebsites.com/NEW/Images/gco.gif CLICK HERE! (http://glasscityopen.com)

http://glasscityopen.com/images/header.jpg

9 Ball Girl
08-15-2003, 06:46 AM
After a thorough examination, I must say that I like it. I really do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sledhamrbrk
08-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Brady,

The site looks good. Well done. <font color="brown"> </font color>

Brady_Behrman
08-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Thank you

UWPoolGod
08-15-2003, 08:44 AM
I see Earthquake is trying to get hands up on everyone else by entering twice....hopefully he doesn't have to play himself in the first round LOL.

WesK
08-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Nice layout. Good choice of colors, etc.

Very intuitive navigation.

Very, very nice.

wes

eg8r
08-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Very nice.

eg8r

RedHell
08-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Great looking site. Very well done and nice layout. The speed is excelent and it is easy to navigate.

Now for the mistakes and caveats.

- In your purchasing form of the Fan Info page (http://glasscityopen.com/fan.htm) you made a typo for the price of 2 names for the Event pass. It reads $20.00 instead of $200.00

- I also believe that this page should be secured (SSL). You are asking the fans to supply their credit card in the clear over the net. Even if most users wouldn't recognise that, e-commerce experienced user should realise it and this could lower the amount of sales you will make thru the net.

- On the venue page () it seems that the following sentence of the text is a little odd:

"Information on Hotel information can be found here or by clicking "Hotel" to the right."

I think you'd rather put:

"Hotel information can be found here or by clicking "Hotel" to the right."

- In the same page I did a test to get driving direction. I'm from Quebec and it didn't work. Your form passes PQ to Map Quest and it should pass QC, wich is the code that Map Quest uses for Quebec. You might want to verify the code to garantee that it will work.

Also about the same form, I think Quebec should read Quebec from the pull down and not "Province du Quebec", the same way you list Alberta and not "Province of Alberta".

I would also pop the driving directions in a new page. Your format doesn't allow for mapquest to display properly and forces the user to use the v-scroll and h-scroll to view the info.

- In your "Who's in" page, the Corey Deuel link leads to Jonny Archer's page !!!

- I think your registration page should also be secured as you ask for CC information and all...

- In the registration page you have the following sentence: "You will be billed $250.00 For this transaction" I think the word "For" shouldn't have a capital F.

- In the vendors registration the same "For" is used, see above.

- I think the vendors page should be secured.

- In the qualifier page, the EMAIL link

"mailto:info@glasscityopen.com?Subject=From Qualifier Page&amp;CC=&amp;BCC=&amp;Body="

throws a the word &amp;BCC= in my CC field (This could only be me, I use Outlook). By using an empty string like so :

&amp;CC=""

It fixes the problem. I would change it for the following:

"mailto:info@glasscityopen.com?Subject=From Qualifier Page&amp;CC=""&amp;BCC=""&amp;Body="""

- On the minis page, I love your dancing cell phone /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well that's about all I found, I hope this help, don't be offended I really think you did a great job. These mistakes, typos and caveats are normal....

Brady_Behrman
08-15-2003, 09:14 AM
- In your purchasing form of the Fan Info page (http://glasscityopen.com/fan.htm) you made a typo for the price of 2 names for the Event pass. It reads $20.00 instead of $200.00

Done, Thanks

- I also believe that this page should be secured (SSL). You are asking the fans to supply their credit card in the clear over the net. Even if most users wouldn't recognise that, e-commerce experienced user should realise it and this could lower the amount of sales you will make thru the net.

It use SSL secured CGI script provided by host. IPowerweb

- On the venue page () it seems that the following sentence of the text is a little odd:

"Information on Hotel information can be found here or by clicking "Hotel" to the right."

I think you'd rather put:

"Hotel information can be found here or by clicking "Hotel" to the right."

- In the same page I did a test to get driving direction. I'm from Quebec and it didn't work. Your form passes PQ to Map Quest and it should pass QC, wich is the code that Map Quest uses for Quebec. You might want to verify the code to garantee that it will work.

Also about the same form, I think Quebec should read Quebec from the pull down and not "Province du Quebec", the same way you list Alberta and not "Province of Alberta".

checking into this

I would also pop the driving directions in a new page. Your format doesn't allow for mapquest to display properly and forces the user to use the v-scroll and h-scroll to view the info.

- In your "Who's in" page, the Corey Deuel link leads to Jonny Archer's page !!!

Fixed

- I think your registration page should also be secured as you ask for CC information and all...

see above

- In the registration page you have the following sentence: "You will be billed $250.00 For this transaction" I think the word "For" shouldn't have a capital F.

it is?

- In the vendors registration the same "For" is used, see above.

- I think the vendors page should be secured.

"mailto:info@glasscityopen.com?Subject=From Qualifier Page&amp;CC=&amp;BCC=&amp;Body="

throws a the word &amp;BCC= in my CC field (This could only be me, I use Outlook). By using an empty string like so :

&amp;CC=""

It fixes the problem. I would change it for the following:

"mailto:info@glasscityopen.com?Subject=From Qualifier Page&amp;CC=""&amp;BCC=""&amp;Body="""

- On the minis page, I love your dancing cell phone

Well that's about all I found, I hope this help, don't be offended I really think you did a great job. These mistakes, typos and caveats are normal....

Thanks ALOT!

Could u email me your email address?
Brady@fantasy9ball.com

RedHell
08-15-2003, 09:18 AM
--- It use SSL secured CGI script provided by host. IPowerweb

Good I couldn't go that far in testing wihtout purchasing ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe you could add this notice in bold to secure the user !

Brady_Behrman
08-15-2003, 09:20 AM
will do thanks

SPetty
08-15-2003, 11:56 AM
First, yes, well done. If you're aiming for perfection, RedHell provided great feedback, and I've got a comment or two on that.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> I also believe that this page should be secured (SSL). You are asking the fans to supply their credit card in the clear over the net. Even if most users wouldn't recognise that, e-commerce experienced user should realise it and this could lower the amount of sales you will make thru the net.

It use SSL secured CGI script provided by host. IPowerweb

<font color="blue">I would instantly recognize that the page is not secured - there is no indication that it is a secure connection. I would not under any circumstances use that form, even if you had words "promising" that it was a secure connection. And further, I would feel "put out" that you don't have it secure for me to order. Two other choices: 1) open a totally separate window that is secure and displays via the browser that it's secure or 2) accept PayPal.</font color>

see above <font color="blue">Yes, see above. </font color>

it is? <font color="blue">Yes, the F is capitalized and shouldn't be. </font color>

- In the vendors registration the same "For" is used, see above. <font color="blue">See above. </font color>

- I think the vendors page should be secured. <font color="blue">See above. </font color>

throws a the word &amp;BCC= in my CC field
I would change it for the following:

<font color="blue">Likely the reason it fixes it is that the first quote ends the mailto string and HTML ignores the rest. I'd recommend just doing away with the CC and BCC and Body fields - the default is nothing anyway. Just change it to "mailto:info@glasscityopen.com?Subject=From Qualifier Page"</font color>

<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Looks like another great tournament I can't attend! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

Ralph S.
08-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Looks great Brady. Keep up the good work. Hopefully I will be able to attend the GCO.