PDA

View Full Version : Another JC question:

rackmup
08-15-2003, 04:27 AM
How much does your Jump Cue weigh?

My Meucci JC weighs 9.9 ounces and was trimmed to that weight after removing the mammoth weight bolt (looks like a standard cue weight bolt) and cutting it to a length just short enough to ensure the butt cap doesn't fly off.

The weight will be further reduced to about 9 ounces after installing a nylon bolt.

Don Wallace, a local Arlington cue maker is attempting to make an 8 ounce (or less!) JC. Should be interesting.

Regards,

Ken (just curious how light these things can actually be before they splinter upon impact!)

sledhamrbrk
08-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Jumpin James Peterson- 715-829-6616

Makes a jump cue that weighs in less than 7 oz. He has 2 models the Jump Daddy & the Jumpin James. The Jumpin James has a thumb pocket in the handle,for ease in using the "dart jump method,it comes with a shaft that has a brass ferrule.

His JumpDaddy model has a regular handle,and has a flat laminate shaft with a standard ferrule.

Both jump well , my personal preference is the Jumpin James.Suprisingly you will not find much performance diff with the flat laminate shaft and the other with the brass.Performance and consistnecy are about the same.The thumb pocket does provide some benefit on certain shots.

<font color="brown"> </font color> Whether you get one of his j\c's or not,you almost have to have one of his long sleeve shirts.They are so cool.Still thinkin I like the shirt better than the j\c

Sid_Vicious
08-15-2003, 09:38 AM
What tip does he use in his cues???sid

Chris Cass
08-15-2003, 09:51 AM
My Airtime made by Stealth is 8 ounces. It was given to me by Ned Morris. What a nice guy. His family is very nice too. His daughter at age 14 was jumping balls like a frog. Ned was jumping over 2 balls while holding 2 jump cues. Definitely too much information. LOL That'll teach you to ask me anything. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~feels like talking up a storm today.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
08-15-2003, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What tip does he use in his cues???sid <hr /></blockquote>
I have a cue in my possession that jumps as well as any if not better than all other jump cues. It has, believe or not, a Triangle tip.

Fred &lt;~~~ leaving out some of the story