PDA

View Full Version : cue ball diffrences

Mr. Blonde
08-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Can somebody give me a quick run down on what the diffrence is between the diffrent cue balls,like the red circle,red dot, blue circle, blue dot,and so on? I thought I read where somebody explained the diffrences on this board ,but I did a few searches and couldn't find anything.

Mr. Blonde
08-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Does nobody know? Or am I being shunned ?

Rod
08-16-2003, 10:29 PM
There was some discussion here -- web page (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=94570&page= 3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1)

red dot is a heavy bar box cb. blue dot is the early centenial cb.

Mr. Blonde
08-16-2003, 11:10 PM
ok, now what about the red circle,blue circle,red triangle and orange circle (or is it orange dot?)?

ras314
08-17-2003, 12:10 PM
A confusing subject. But then I'm usually confused! Must be a bunch of different cb's out there marked the same that are different size and weight.

I carry a red dot, red circle, and valley magnetic cb (all came with belgian aramith sticker) in the cue case. Unfortuantly I don't have acess to a calibrated accurate scale. The red dot is lighter than the heavy bar table cb's and is used in one bar tournament I play in (open tables). Believe me it sure plays different!

If nobody squawks I'll use the Valley in bar boxs that still have the old large cb, hate that thing. It works in most of them.

griffith_d
08-17-2003, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr. Blonde:</font><hr> Can somebody give me a quick run down on what the diffrence is between the diffrent cue balls,like the red circle,red dot, blue circle, blue dot,and so on? I thought I read where somebody explained the diffrences on this board ,but I did a few searches and couldn't find anything. <hr /></blockquote>

I am not sure of the weight, but Seyberts has a few different ones for sale,..take a look.

http://www.seyberts.com/billiardaccessories/table/Balls/index.htm

Griff