PDA

View Full Version : Update on Blackjack

DebraLiStarr
08-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Blackjack has been improving and will be released from the hospital later today. In May, they had discovered two cancerous growths on his neck (on his vertabrae). David had them removed and was undergoing chemotherapy. In June, David collapsed while playing in a local tournament. He had suffered a heart attack, and underwent bypass surgery. While he was recovering, he came down with pneumonia. Last week during a follow up, they discovered spots on both of his lungs, and it was feared that the cancer had spread. The spots on his lungs were due to an infection, and it is not cancer (thank God). He is still battling pneumonia and will be taking antibiotics for that. The cancer appears to be in remission at this time. He appreciates all the prayers and support that you all have given him. David also plans on attending the WPBA US Open next month in Albuquerque.

pooljunkie73
08-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the update, Debra.Sounds like he is having a hell of a time lately.

Kent Mc.

WaltVA
08-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear David is improving and will soon be back on the street - look forward to more of his excellent posts. He has my continuing prayers and best wishes.

Walt in VA

WesK
08-15-2003, 11:10 AM
This is good news. I hope that he continues to get better and we'll keep him in our thoughts.

wes

Ralph S.
08-15-2003, 03:04 PM
I wish him a speedy and full recovery. His input and posts are sorely missed here at CCB.

Rich R.
08-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the good news, Debra.

Send Jack our best, and keep us posted.

Chris Cass
08-16-2003, 09:48 PM
That's great news. Hopefully he'll be ok soon. You know how CCB prayers work great and soon David will be back posting again. Tell him the prayers are still coming.

Regards,

C.C.