PDA

View Full Version : I need your prayers.

Cueless Joey
08-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Tomorrow, Saturday the 16th, I will have to drive to the boonies of San Diego. Somewhere in there lives an old gentleman who happens to be selling his Gold Crown I(with ball return). Prestine condition according to him. He estimates the condition of the table to be around 95%.
So, I'm driving there tomorrow afternoon to check it out and start disassembling it if I like it.
Please pray for me and my GC I. The pool God has to be looking for people like us. Those who can't afford a $5000 table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
By the way, who's the parton saint of pool players? Santa Claus?

Voodoo Daddy
08-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Hope ya score a winner Joey...

Rod
08-15-2003, 05:39 PM
You got mine. It might be to much to pray for quick rails though.

rackmup
08-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I will pray for the GC to be in "as advertised" condition.
I will pray even more that your drive is a safe one.
I will pray very, very hard for the lotto ticket you buy at a local gas station (during a "pit stop") is a multi-million dollar winner, that you can still buy the GC and donate it to a youth rec hall and finally...that you can buy any table you want!

The vig on my prayers will be covered by your winnings as well.

Regards,

Ken (don't worry...the vig will go in the collection plate on Sunday)

Barbara
08-16-2003, 07:05 AM
CJ,

Good luck with your GC I!!!

I just missed out buying this catalog on eBay. The white one is mine!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3621531059

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
08-19-2003, 09:33 AM
So how did it go?? What's the table like?

BTW, my GCI has blue skirts - it's not totally white like the pic in the catalog.

Barbara

Cueless Joey
08-19-2003, 12:41 PM
I got the table.
The slates are doweled with brass. I've never seen those before. The top of the rails are in very good condition. The slates only have minor dings. Nothing that Bondo cannot cover. The sides were walnut stained. Yikes! I just sanded most of it last night. I'm thinking of painting the sides and most of the base in black with a trim of white maybe.
The corner castings and the legs show some pits due to age.
Hell, the owner has had it since '84 and he bought it off one man who owned for decades.
I like the black all around look like this but I might trim it with white, vertically. http://www.oregon-pooltable.com/tables/Gold%20Crown%20II%20Drop%20Pocket/goldcrownII2.jpg

Barbara
08-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Looks like a good deal! Enjoy your table!!

Barbara

Cueless Joey
08-19-2003, 12:45 PM
This one looks nice too. Blue? Hmn...
Btw, the Monarch cushion on the rails are in great shape. No cracks at all. Unbelievable. I'm going to clean the backside of it and reglue it. I will double shim the pockets of course. http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_b8ce611fd402fef24885a1cec2f132c7/i-2_B_L.JPG

Barbara
08-19-2003, 12:55 PM
That's my Baby!!!!!

Barbara~~~proud owner /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
08-19-2003, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> That's my Baby!!!!!

Barbara~~~proud owner /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Btw, I didn't even pick those plastics that cover the ball return rails. What's the point of those thingies anyway?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Pain in the jazz to install.

Barbara
08-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I have them on mine. I guess they're just for appearances.

I also have the matching blue wall cue rack, a blue chair, and a white table to go with it.

Barbara

Rod
08-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Joey,

Good thing I prayed for quick cushions! Actually I can't believe your going to use them. Well, your feel for cushion speed must differ from mine. A good find all the same.

Rod

Cueless Joey
08-19-2003, 03:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Joey,

Good thing I prayed for quick cushions! Actually I can't believe your going to use them. Well, your feel for cushion speed must differ from mine. A good find all the same.

Rod
<hr /></blockquote>
Rod, if they are dead, I'll replace them with Artemis.
Two local mechanics told me the Monarch cushion should outlast me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif