PDA

View Full Version : Cue recall

Kato
08-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Yesterday I got a message on my cell phone telling me that all Omen Custom Cues were being recalled by the "Omen Cue Factory". Interestingly enough the address I was asked to ship it back to was in East Moline, IL. Did any other Omen owners get a similiar phone call?

Kato~~~~thinks maybe C.C. has placed a large bet on my arch enemy Rackmup and was trying to pry my cue from my hands.

PS. Any information would be apprecited.

rackmup
08-15-2003, 09:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Consumer Products &amp; Safety Commission:</font><hr>NOTICE TO ALL OMEN CUSTOM CUE OWNERS AND RETAILERS:

Effective Immediately! All owners and retailers of OMEN CUSTOM CUES are asked to return the products to OMEN'S Illinois Factory Store.

Several of the inlays, laminates, butt plates, tips and ferrules can easily fall off and if bounced just right off the pool room floor or table, could land in the owner's mouth, causing a SEVERE choking hazard.

Refund checks will be sent immediately upon the receipt of these dangerous and defective playing cues.

Please return all cues by August 18th, 2003 for a full refund.<hr /></blockquote>

It's no joke pal...get that thing back to CC...er...Omen before it kills someone!

Regards,

Ken (just thinking of my pals' health)

Voodoo Daddy
08-16-2003, 06:58 AM
I recieved a call from their R &amp; D at OMEN...unfortunatly, your cue has been recalled for "unexplainable defects". I tried to tell them its "owner/operator" error but they need to do a complete evaluation on said cue. Hope this straightens any misconceptions out.

Voodoo~~~believer in OMEN cues always...not always when KATO is involved

Barbara
08-16-2003, 07:30 AM
I don't know Kato, that cue sounds pretty dangerous to me.

I think you should send it back to get it fixed up.

Barbara~~~oh yeah!

Kato
08-16-2003, 07:41 AM
I still think someone is trying to play me for a sucker. I might just take a chance and keep it and hope nothing goes wrong /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato

Rich R.
08-16-2003, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I tried to tell them its "owner/operator" error but they need to do a complete evaluation on said cue.<hr /></blockquote>
From my experience, I know that "Quality Control", at the Omen factory, is excellent.
I believe Voodoo is correct. Definitely "owner/operator" error.

Chris Cass
08-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi Ya Rich,

I heard the recall was done to give the new Omen testing facilities in Moline which surprizingly is my address a chance to make sure the cue is sound. We also are heavy in tip burnishing. Without this testing Kato will be at risk of not looking good in front of the crowd at the Marlin games.

Sincerely plant manager,

C.C.~~will he buy it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
08-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey,

why not? They do it with cars. LOL

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
08-16-2003, 05:39 PM
I do believe that Kato should be renamed to "that guy".

Jake

Tom_In_Cincy
08-16-2003, 06:48 PM
I got that call also. But, they discovered I had the PO 2002 model that was the exception to the recall. They told me that my model was considered one of the best ever.

It's been working well on the 'left coast'

griffith_d
08-16-2003, 09:10 PM
I have just become the factory rep for Omen and they told me for everyone to send me their cues for repair. So please forward all of the cues to my house.

My address is Houston, Texas, 77459.

My home phone is 281-555-1212,...it is a direct line and I will give the rest of the address.

Griff

Chris Cass
08-16-2003, 09:51 PM
WOW Griff,

I got fired and replaced so quickly. See if I work for nothin again.

Regards,

C.C.~~gets no respect..lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rich R.
08-17-2003, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Ya Rich,

I heard the recall was done to give the new Omen testing facilities in Moline which surprizingly is my address a chance to make sure the cue is sound. We also are heavy in tip burnishing. Without this testing Kato will be at risk of not looking good in front of the crowd at the Marlin games.

Sincerely plant manager,

C.C.~~will he buy it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Chris, I definitely think you should conduct your full battery of tests on Kato's cue. I trust your testing will not be completed until October and Kato will be forced to use a house cue for the CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
08-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Let us not forget that Kato has several other cues in which to play with. If Chris finds my Omen unacceptable in Virginia I will just pull out a backup /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rich R.
08-17-2003, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> If Chris finds my Omen unacceptable in Virginia I will just pull out a backup /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
But it will not be the Omen !

We won't worry about the others. If you could play with one of those, you wouldn't have bought the Omen.

Chris Cass
08-17-2003, 03:21 PM
An Omen unacceptable? I think not. If Voodoo likes them, they have to hit good. Besides, Barbara knows Pete and she'll back him no doubt.

I would have said Meucci but then I'd have a million or so. hahaha J/K Meucci owners. I would have said Szamboti but no one would believe me. Those Szamboti owners are tight with their cues. hahaha Right Barbara? She wouldn't let me play with her joint protectors. hahahahaha They're pretty too....

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif full of baloney....

Barbara
08-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Yes, Chris, that's right, we are a tight bunch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for Omen cues, two years ago I had the pleasure of spending the "Last Supper" (as I call the last night I eat a real meal before the Super Billiards Expo starts) with Pete Ohmen and his wife (who works on the staff, too) and his partner at Sullivan's Steak House. Nicest guy and he went through a match with the Big C, too. Came out on top, just like you.

I've heard great things about Omen cues, too. But I'm a one-cue woman, what do I know? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif