PDA

View Full Version : Nice hometown news from the Big Apple Challenge

Steve Lipsky
08-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Congrats to Joey K for beating Corey Deuel (11-10), and Danny Barouty for beating Thorsten Hohmann (11-10). Awesome news!

- Steve

cuechick
08-16-2003, 07:27 AM
I saw that, also that Jonathon is still on the winners side! I am so happy for Danny, to beat the new world champion, WOW! How are people getting there, are the subways running? Why didn't Nicky play? (I saw your reasons on another post)

9 Ball Girl
08-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Hey Lara! As of yesterday, the trains were still down. Cabbing it and hitching a ride with a friend is how we're doing it. The players are staying at a nearby hotel (forgot which). I don't know why Nicky didn't play.

I would sneak into the arena when I was suppose to be walking around selling tickets for the raffle of the cues. By the way, they are a $2,000 Mike Webb, $800 Cuestick 5280, and a $1,500 Samsara. Anyway, it was fun watching Danny play and win. Jonathon was fun to watch as well.

Another fun one was watching Tony R. (just like old times /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) playing against Keith McCready. Before the match, I was tending to Keith's beer and I told him if he forgets it I'm going to drink it. Someone in passing said he'll never forget it. LOL

Francisco Bustamente always has me in awe. Efren Reyes is another one. Then of course you have the ring games going on off to the side outside of the arena.

Hope everything's going good in GA! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif