PDA

View Full Version : Save the Whale

Qtec
08-16-2003, 04:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3153213.stm

Whales live in families , they are social ,intelligent and have been around for a lot longer than we have . What gives man the right to kill these wonderful creatures.

Quote,

"mans atrocities are only limited by his imagination ".

Its sad but true .

Q

mickey2
08-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Save the Pigs!

Pigs live in families , they are social ,intelligent and have been around for a lot longer than we have . What gives man the right to kill these wonderful creatures.

Dear Qtec, I agree with you that whales should be protected or otherwise will vanish, but your arguments fit to other animals too. Pigs are one of the most intelligent animals on earth, but how many people do worry about them?

Kato
08-16-2003, 07:22 AM
I worry about bacon, pulled pork sandwiches, and pork chops. Sorry about the pigs and the cows.

Whaling is ok as long as the ecosystems stay in balance. Wiping out whales just for the sake of whaling is no good. Taking down the number of whales because there aren't enough predators in the area isn't that bad as long as it's regulated.

Kato

Qtec
08-16-2003, 07:25 AM
I do agree. Pigs are more intelligent than man had ever imagined. I do think there is a case for clemency, but we have to eat . Also there is no chance of ever stopping people eating them. We still experiment on chimps and we know how intelligent they are .

I wish I had the solution but I dont . The difference with the whales is that they are endangered and you dont have to eat them .
I do think also that there should be exceptions eg the Inuit depend on whales to live . They use every piece of the whale , nothing is wasted. The Japenese kill them because they are a delicacy for the rich.

Lets face it , man has no respect for his fellow human beings . What chance do the animals have .

I sometimes think that man is a mistake. We are not a gift to the Earth , we are a virus.

Imagine an Earth without the human race . No wars , do destruction and no polution . If ET was to land on Earth he would call it paradise . Everything was going fine until we came along .
And then the sh**t hit the fan.

Q

Sorry to be so negative about my fellow humans , but Idi Amin died today and that man was a beast . The Brits looked on as he massacred his own people.
eg. There was one instance when the water inlet to a power station was clogged up by body's. I hope there is a hell.

Keith Talent
08-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Hey Q,

And hasn't the U.S. been trying to stop the hunt all these years, while our moral superiors, such as Norway, Iceland and Japan, have been hot on the whales' trail?

cheesemouse
08-16-2003, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I do agree. Pigs are more intelligent than man had ever imagined. I do think there is a case for clemency, but we have to eat . Also there is no chance of ever stopping people eating them. We still experiment on chimps and we know how intelligent they are .

I wish I had the solution but I dont . The difference with the whales is that they are endangered and you dont have to eat them .
I do think also that there should be exceptions eg the Inuit depend on whales to live . They use every piece of the whale , nothing is wasted. The Japenese kill them because they are a delicacy for the rich.

Lets face it , man has no respect for his fellow human beings . What chance do the animals have .

I sometimes think that man is a mistake. We are not a gift to the Earth , we are a virus.

Imagine an Earth without the human race . No wars , do destruction and no polution . If ET was to land on Earth he would call it paradise . Everything was going fine until we came along .
And then the sh**t hit the fan.

Q

Sorry to be so negative about my fellow humans , but Idi Amin died today and that man was a beast . The Brits looked on as he massacred his own people.
eg. There was one instance when the water inlet to a power station was clogged up by body's. I hope there is a hell. <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec,
"Sorry to be so negative about my fellow humans"...Don't apologize for the human race we are just a blip on the screen of the big picture. Mother Nature has a plan for us, it just isn't time yet for it to be inacted. What we do and what we are is insignificant in the scheme of things. Our little act here on this stage is simply a justification to ourselves so it will be easier to laugh and play, build and destroy, and most of all too rationalize our ignorance......the only thing that really matters is the indisputable fact that we will go the way of the whales. It is written in Mother Natures plan.......there now that's called being negative......thank you very much..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
08-16-2003, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What gives man the right to kill these wonderful creatures.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

IMO, Nothing does.

I don't know why they don't capitalize on the tourist attraction of the whales and promote Iceland as the whale-viewing capital of the world. Tourists would come from everywhere to take a cruise among the whales.

Fran

Qtec
08-16-2003, 08:58 AM
thats the paradox, they do .

Read the article.

Q