PDA

View Full Version : American Heritage

Ryce
08-16-2003, 09:50 AM
I just started the research process into buying a table.For what I want to spend(1500-2000) american Heritage seems to offer some tables.I have read alot about Brunswick,Olhausen
and Diamond they seem to be out of my price range and used does not seem to be an option.So how do American Heritage tables compare??Or any other suggestions would be Greatly appreciated.

bolo
08-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Shop used, pool tables do not hold their value and you can get a good deal on a nice table if you are not in a hurry. Even if you don't find a steal, I would rather have a good quality used table then a cheap new table.

cycopath
08-16-2003, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr>I would rather have a good quality used table then a cheap new table. <hr /></blockquote>Amen.

Check with your local poolhalls. Sometimes the owner/manager will either have an extra table they will sell, or they may know of one for sale. It's worth a shot.

Ryce
08-16-2003, 10:05 AM
I would prefer new there seems to be less headaches involved
and more security.I guess thats why I only buy new cars not used cars also

bolo
08-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Not the case with a pool table, your wife and kids will not be stranded by the side of the road. A pool table is a very straight forward item if you know what you are looking at, if you don't get some help. New doesn't mean no problems. many new tables have particle board pieces and are not the quality of many older tables. I helped a friend open a room and we had the table mechanics back a dozen time trying to get the tables right. They were not even pre drilled, parts did not fit right and so much work had to be done to put them together it was a joke. If you go look at a nice top quality table already set up you can play on with all the bugs out of it, you will be better off and save a lot of money, in my opinion. A couple of thousand will get you a lot in a used table. Unless you are looking at top of the line tables new tables like Diamond and so on, I would go used.

griffith_d
08-16-2003, 09:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ryce:</font><hr> I would prefer new there seems to be less headaches involved
and more security.I guess thats why I only buy new cars not used cars also <hr /></blockquote>

I am the same way,..only new. Look at Connelly tables,..they have a nice one for $2000. That would be delivered and setup and lifetime warranty. I am not sure about the leveling, but they came out another time to relevel after it settled a bit in the carpet for nothing.

I have been very pleased with Connelly,...you cannot go wrong.

I got the Coronado oversize 8', 1" slate, leather pockets, solid maple for $3700. They have many models that are cheaper, but all play the same. Stay away from the cheapest ones,...of course that would be any table maker.

http://www.connellybilliards.com/main.asp

Griff

jdaniel
08-17-2003, 09:03 PM
I am in the process of "table shopping". I found a 9' Olhausen at a decent price. I am still checking out the specs on it. An inexpensive Olhausen would run me less than $2000 complete. Of course, that would be with a laminated cabinet. The dealer (West Penn Billiards) claims that the laminated part is the only difference between this table and a $4000 Olhausen.

Cueless Joey
08-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I disqualify myself from this discussion as I just bought a used Godl Crown I will ball return for $950. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It was a 105-mile drive but was worth it.
Olhausen tables are very good for the dollar. Compared to Connelly, the Olh's rails use T-nuts are locked down to the bottom of the slates not wood liner or fram. It is a much tighter design than of the Connelly's.
If you can find a used Vitalie, they are fine tables too.
If you are near the LA area, there is a very good custom table maker here.

cycopath
08-18-2003, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I disqualify myself from this discussion as I just bought a used Godl Crown I will ball return for $950. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Wow! Sounds like a great deal.

Cueless Joey
08-18-2003, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I disqualify myself from this discussion as I just bought a used Gold Crown I will ball return for $950. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Wow! Sounds like a great deal. <hr /></blockquote>
I didn't even have to wear a ski mask.
A few years back, I found a Brunswick CENTENNIAL for chump change. I had no room so I gave the deal away to a friend of mine. Another friend of mine found aa GC I with ivroy balls, Gold Crown rack and cues for chump change.
Joey~ Happy to live in a big town for now~

drawl66
08-18-2003, 10:47 PM
I just baught a Kasson table. new for 1700. I think so far that it is a good table. I was looking in the same price range as you and thats the route i went.

pooldaddy9
08-19-2003, 06:16 AM
You can try here for used tables. [url=http://www.used-pooltable.com]

Pizza Bob
08-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Didn't Gandy get "folded" into American Heritage when they went under? I seem to remember something about getting Big G parts from American Heritage.

Adios,

Pizza Bob