PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple - Seeded or Rigged?

jjinfla
08-16-2003, 10:02 AM
I just looked at the brackets for the Big Apple. The way they seeded the players it looks like a rigged deck to me. The UPA players for the most part don't have to play each other until round 3 and get a buy in the first round. What a deal!

Alfie
08-16-2003, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I just looked at the brackets for the Big Apple. The way they seeded the players it looks like a rigged deck to me. The UPA players for the most part don't have to play each other until round 3 and get a buy in the first round. What a deal! <hr /></blockquote>Still pissed about that cue ball, eh?

Qtec
08-16-2003, 11:11 AM
What cue ball ?
Q

Qtec
08-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Maybe thats one of advantages of joining the UPA. You must get something for your money.
Q

jjinfla
08-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Quote Alfie:
Still pissed about that cue ball, eh?

Actually I lost interest in CB's and going to watch the pros play. The last one I went to was Capone's, paid $20 for the seat, and we got bored and left after 4 hours. And now with BcTV I get to see some pretty good matches in the comfort of my home. Next week it will be Earl Strickland vs Danny Harriman, three weeks later he plays Cory Deuel, and two weeks after that he plays Alex Pagulayan. Does it get any better than that? Well, maybe if Accu-stats would have some sounds from the table, like the balls hitting, and the players cursing. LOL Jake

Harold Acosta
08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
This is a World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) sanctioned event. One of twelve stops of the WPA World Tour. If any seeding was to take place, I assume (not certain) it would have been with consideration to the following WPA rankings:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/rankings-men.htm