PDA

View Full Version : Dinner menu

Karatemom
08-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Seeing as how this will be our first time down in VA, I took it upon myself to order a menu and have it sent to me to see what they had and their prices. I thought everyone else might like to know as well.

If they cook:
Prime Rib - $17.99
Seasoned Chicken - $12.99
Grilled Salmon - $16.99

If you cook:
Top Sirloin - $13.99 - $19.99 depending on the ounces
Delmonicao New york Strip - $14.99 - $19.99 depending on the ounces
Marinated Top Sirloin/T Bone - $14.99 - $19.99 depending on the ounces
Filet - $15.99 - $23.99 depending on the ounces

The entrees include all you can eat salad and baked potato bar.

This is sounding better and better, LOL.

Heide

Kato
08-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Last year I went with the biggest New York Strip on the menu. The waitress directed me to the 'fridge to pick out my cow. I swear to you I pulled out a strip steak that was at least 4 to 6 oz heavier than the stated 16 oz. I to ask the kitchen if a forklift could be brought out to carry my steak to the grill /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Honestly I felt sort of guilty about it because it wasn't what we paid for. However, they cut it and I munched it.

Kato~~~didn't feel guilty about that eating part. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
08-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah, the problem with prime rib is that no resturaunt in the universe will give it to me the way I want it. How's that Kato? Cut it and put it on a plate............cold, side of hot juice /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Stuff is pre-cooked all ready unless they've got a meat locker and cut it in front of you. The managers always complain about food poisoning. Heck, I've had it, I'm still alive. Everyone in Florida has had it at least once if you eat seafood.

Kato~~~honestly, I'm still alive.

rackmup
08-16-2003, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Cut it and put it on a plate <hr /></blockquote>

It's true. While playing at Breakers we ordered a pizza. Kato asked for "rare pepperoni."

No kidding.

Regards,

Ken

Tom_In_Cincy
08-16-2003, 06:52 PM
I swear.. when Kato got that piece of meat.. the calf was still following its mother for some warm milk.

Rare is just about 10 seconds after the last heart beat.

Ralph S.
08-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I love my steak, but now way in hell do I want Bessie looking up and "mooing" at me. LOL. Make mine well-done, dont wanna have to watch it walk off my plate.

Kato
08-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Come on Ralph. Once you stab it with your fork it's not like it's going anywhere?

Kato~~~I swear it's never run away from me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
08-17-2003, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Stuff is pre-cooked all ready unless they've got a meat locker and cut it in front of you.<hr /></blockquote>
Kato, prime rib is always "pre-cooked", because the proper way to cook prime rib is in a relatively low temperature oven and it cooks for hours. It is not like other steaks, that you throw on the grill and cook in minutes.
Chances are very good, that you will never get a prime rib, the way you like it.

Barbara
08-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Rich,

You're exactly right about that cooking method!!! It's called "restaurant style" and serves to melt the tendons and meat rather toughen them up and dry them out when higher heat is used.

I do a standing rib rost this way every New Year's Day and I cant think of a better way to start off the year!!

Barbara~~~2-ribber @275 degrees for 2 hours...

cheesemouse
08-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Now I'm hungry for a good steak.....LOL

"And how would you like your steak, sir?"
"Well, just knock the horns off, wipe its ass and throw it on the plate."

Ralph S.
08-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey Cheese, I'll bet you drink a glass of blood with that rare thing too. LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-18-2003, 06:11 AM
I sat next to Kato last year and I swear the damn thing mooed when cut into it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It was "utterly" ridiculous! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif