PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day For Me

Kato
08-18-2003, 07:50 AM
This morning I had to put down my black Shepard "Storm". She was 13 years old and a wonderful dog with a great personality. She will be sorely missed by me and my family. After 3 seperate cancer surguries it's finally caught up to her. Bye bye Storm.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Kato

eg8r
08-18-2003, 07:52 AM
I am sorry for you loss.

eg8r

Barbara
08-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Hey Kato,

I know what you're going through. I had to put down my first pet 5 years ago and it really hurt. I couldn't sleep for a couple months as "Kitty" used to purr me to sleep cuddled next to me in bed. He was ravaged by cancer, too.

It's gonna hurt for a while but you'll get through this.

Barbara

Qtec
08-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Sorry to hear that , Kato.

A good dog is the best friend you will ever have.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fran Crimi
08-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear that, Kato. My heart goes out to you.

Fran ~~ Proud pet owner

Tom_In_Cincy
08-18-2003, 08:07 AM
RJ,
Brings back my sad memories of having to put 3 dogs down within a year. Two labs and a shepard.

All are still missed.

Sorry to hear the loss of your friend.

Keith Talent
08-18-2003, 08:23 AM
That's a shame. Brings back some sad memories here, too.

Karatemom
08-18-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm so sorry, RJ. I grew up with a dog who was born just about a month before I was. We had to put her to sleep when she was 16 from tumors and cataracts. One of the saddest days of my life.

Heide ~ misses Gretchen something awful, still

Barry
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Kato,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. 13 years of loyal friendship is something to be cherished. Enjoy your memories.

Barry

WesK
08-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Damn, dude.

I am so sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you.

wes

Sid_Vicious
08-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Kato...I'm sorry anyone has to go through that ordeal, and it really is an ordeal. It's been close to two decades since I was in your place, having to go to the vet for the same reason as you, and let me tell you, this full grown man bawled his eyes out. I definitely understand...sid

UWPoolGod
08-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Yeah my parents have had to go through this a bunch living in the sticks. We've buried a lot of animals. Had to put down our 14 year old dog when I was 15. A few hit by cars and whatnot. Mom starting to let a house cat outside for an hour at a time only to go find it had a run in with a coyote. Terrible.

WaltVA
08-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Kato - Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a member of the family is always tough.

I'm coming ever closer to the end of the trail with my 14-yr. old Bassett hound; she grew up with my kids, and when the time comes, making a call to my now-grown daughters will be hard.

Take care,
Walt in VA

Rod
08-18-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Kato. It's been many years but I'll never forget my favorite dog. They are truly like one of the family and will be missed. What a way to start a week but Storm is in a much better place.

Rod

9 Ball Girl
08-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Kato I'm sorry for your loss.

Wendy~~~will always miss my lab Buddy.

rackmup
08-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Kato,

All dogs have an automatic entry pass into heaven. Storm is now running in fields, chasing cats and eating all the MilkBones she can handle...all cancer free.

See you tomorrow pal.

Regards,

Ken

Hopster
08-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Kato, sorry brother, truly.
My pop has a German Shepard thats 15 years old and we are going thru the same thing with him now. I get sick when i see him, back legs are gone and can barely get up anymore.
Really good dog, loves kids and hates cats and birds.
I got to tell you this one : When we were back in New York he used to have his food and water dish in the back yard and the neighbor had about 25 racing pigeons on his roof. The pigeons would swoop down and eat Max,s food and water when he wasnt there. Anyway,this dog is smart, one day he must have been laying low and watching the birds as one landed and tried to snatch his water he pounced on him. My pop went in the back yard and saw Max with a bird in his mouth !! lol, this happened a few times. Hates cats with a passion also.
Its a heartbreaker. Once again, sorry.

Candyman
08-18-2003, 12:43 PM
My heart goes out to you RJ. Storm wasn't just a pet, he was a loyal family member. People who don't have pets will probably tell you to get a new shepard and everything will get better! They don't understand the bond. It's like telling you to go out and get a new brother, sister, parent or best friend. It just doesn't work that way. You have to work through the sadness the best way you can. Rackmup has explained better than I, where Storm is right now and I believe him.
I am facing the same situation with my 13 year old Pekengese. She has already had 2 major back operations and is having trouble walking again. I had to give her mouth to mouth after we brought her home from the last operation and we won't put here through that again.
They bring us great joy and never let us down. If humans were like dogs, this world would be a better place.
Best Regards,
Lock

bluewolf
08-18-2003, 01:47 PM
So sorry RJ to hear this. Dog's lives are too short. It is their only fault, really.

Laura

Kato
08-18-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone. It's been kind of a tough day but it's getting better. Storm's in heaven with all my other girls (dogs). She's running in fields, chasing cats and squirells, and sleeping under a big tree.

She was a good dog with a big heart. She had a good life, longer than I thought she would. So thank you everyone, I appreciate your condolences and kind words. Storm would have liked you all.

Kato

Ralph S.
08-18-2003, 03:38 PM
I very much sympathise Kato. I once had a Siamese cat that I had to put down after 19 years. This cat was so cool. It actually slept in my crib with me every night after I was born and brought home from hospital. If I woke up in the middle of the night crying for some reason, the cat would go to my mom's room and jump on the bed next to her and meow like hell til she got up and checked on me.

After I was changed, fed, or what ever was needed. Lady would just curl up in the foot of the crib again. She was a very unique pet as most or all pets are. Once again my condolences. Thirteen years is a long time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chris Cass
08-18-2003, 09:54 PM
RJ,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what your dogs mean to you. My heart goes out to you.

Sincerely,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rackmup
08-18-2003, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy, woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so< they walked on.

They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven" he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.

The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you." "What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If He can't come in, then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now. " "Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but, the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road " So the old man and dog went on.

They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside. "Scuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?" "Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable " "You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere." "Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?" " No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. We'll be spending Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final. "

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven." "You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?" "That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"

Author Unknown <hr /></blockquote>

You'll be seeing her again someday...

Regards,

Ken