PDA

View Full Version : CNN wording....

eg8r
08-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Here is a link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/15/blackout.crime/) to an article on CNN.... The headline states "Outage Fails to Generate Crime Spree."

Does that mean it tried to generate a crime spree?

eg8r

Fran Crimi
08-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Silly, isn't it?

I think the headline should have read: "Outage Fails to Generate Electricity."

Fran

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:14 AM
I dont think 'outage'is a word .

Q

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey Fran . I read on az that you walk on water at the CB . Are you the head clubbie . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
08-18-2003, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote American Heritage Dictionary:</font><hr> out·age ( P ) Pronunciation Key (outj)
n.
A quantity or portion of something lacking after delivery or storage.
A temporary suspension of operation, especially of electric power.
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

eg8r
08-18-2003, 10:24 AM
It is silly. Almost as silly as Hillary trying to blame the outage on the Bush administration.

eg8r

Qtec
08-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Its not English . I dont care what you say . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Its almost as silly to blame Enron and Ken Lay /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

BTW , the trigger happy [ very nervous ] soldiers shot another journalist today. When will the US let the rest of the UN help ? Looks like you can use all the help you can get .

Fran Crimi
08-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I thought her remarks were pretty funny. They had a field day with that on talk radio. You should have heard it. I got to hear all the shows on my battery-powered radio during the blackout. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-19-2003, 05:56 AM
LOL, we have Sean Hannity on the radio during my drive home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Who by the way was hilarious when he interviewed Gary Coleman.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
08-19-2003, 06:25 AM
We have him here too from 3-6PM. I heard that interview.

"Do you know who our Secretary of State is?"

"No, I don't. I don't follow that stuff."

"Well, do you know who our Vice President is?"

"Of course I do."

"Well then who is the Vice President?"

"I couldn't say right now."

"Well, what do you think we should do about terrorism?"

"I think we're bothering them too much and we should just leave them all alone."

Hahahaha!

Fran

Hopster
08-19-2003, 07:23 AM
BTW , the trigger happy [ very nervous ] soldiers shot another journalist today. &lt;--Qtec

Too bad they dont shoot more of them over here. The soldier should get a medal for doing a public service.

Hopster
08-19-2003, 07:29 AM
It is silly. Almost as silly as Hillary trying to blame the outage on the Bush administration. &lt;--Eg8r

That sounds about right for her. I cant stomach the sight of that woman.
Why they ever elected her in New York will always remain a mystery to me.

Qtec
08-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Are jouralists the enemy now ?

The fact that the soldiers are so edgy reflects the true state of affairs . Iraq is anything but secure . It never will be until you gain the confidence of the people. Incidents like this are not going to help .

Q

You said 'public service'. What public are you taking about?

Hopster
08-19-2003, 09:41 AM
Are jouralists the enemy now ? &lt;--Qtec

I cant stand them, is that okay with you ? They should send all the lawyers over to Iraq also and give the grunts something really good to shoot at.
And people like you also. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-19-2003, 10:22 AM
She never even bothered to get out there and help. Her actions show she is not a true New Yorker, and her heart is not for/with the people of New York.

I just hope the rest of this country doesn't get any crazy ideas should she run for President.

eg8r

eg8r
08-19-2003, 10:25 AM
LOL, it was hilarious. I think he also said something about reducing taxes 25%. Wow, that would be awesome. LOL

eg8r

Hopster
08-19-2003, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> She never even bothered to get out there and help. Her actions show she is not a true New Yorker, and her heart is not for/with the people of New York.

I just hope the rest of this country doesn't get any crazy ideas should she run for President.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

That would be horrendous if she ever got in but i think people had enough of seeing her scheming old mans ways and she is a carbon copy.

Fran Crimi
08-19-2003, 11:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> She never even bothered to get out there and help. Her actions show she is not a true New Yorker, and her heart is not for/with the people of New York.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I still can't figure out how she got elected. For weeks leading up to the election, everyone was speaking out about how much they couldn't stand her. I think her followers were too embarassed to speak out.

Oh, she'll definitely run for Pres.. I'm sure of it. It's just a matter of when. She's got strong political pull and support.

Every time I think of her, one particular sickening image comes to my mind. It was right after the 9-11 attack, when GW called a special session of Congress and gave his famous "We will not falter" speech. That was a time for all members of the Senate and House to pull together and rally around the President, and they did. Except for one. The camera zoomed in on Hillary and she was watching GW with this awful scowl on her face. I'm sure she had no idea the camera was on her. You probably remember it. It looked like she was imagining her chances of running against GW going down the drain. It was truly pathetic.

Fran

Qtec
08-20-2003, 09:23 AM
I like Hillary . She,s sweet .

who else is going to repair the damage that GW has done .

I say , here , right now , that if GW loses , he joins the Carlyle Club . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q