PDA

View Full Version : Interesting cuebuilders site.

Q-guy
04-07-2002, 09:13 AM
I came across this website and found it interesting. He has a lot in info on cue building that some people may enjoy looking at. Budding cuemakers may get some ideas if they study the pictures which are good. This is in no way an indorsement of this cuemaker or his cuebuilding methods. I don't even know him or have seen any of his cues. I just liked his website. I don't agree with all he says but there is a lot of information about cues there.
www.barringercues.com (http://www.barringercues.com)

Harold Acosta
04-07-2002, 10:07 AM
Pretty interesting site. You need time to go through all the phases but that is good if you are really interested in cue making. I have saved the site for future viewing.

Thanks for the reference Q-guy.

cheesemouse
04-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Q-guy,
You just blew my plans for the day. I saw your post at 9am, I clicked, I got hooked, I went off and now it is much much later. I will never again discount the custom cuemakers skills and knowledge. There goes another fanasy I had about making cues. Thanks alot /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I won't feel so bad about shelling out 5 or 6 Franklins for a basic stick in the future. Great site!!

Tommy_Davidson
04-07-2002, 04:54 PM
> I too have been eating up the Barringer site. I'm on there every night looking at different things,as I am dying to try my hand at making cues,and am exploring all the possibilities as far as machinery and tooling. Q-guy,if you happen to read this post,I was wondering if perhaps we could arrange a conversation via phone or chat room based,to answer some of the many questions I have about the art. Tommy D.

Harold Acosta
04-07-2002, 05:35 PM
I'm not really into cue-building but into cue repairs. I have learned that cue-building requires a lot of patience, time, knowledge, and proper equipment. I lack the patience, time, and equipment.

Maybe, I'll take cue-building when I retire in 13 more years but by that time, there will be a zillion cuemakers out there. At least, right now, there is a place like Barringer's to look and learn about the art of cue-making.

bell
04-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks, Q-Guy. That is really an interesting site.

Chris Cass
04-08-2002, 07:28 AM
Hi Q-Guy,
Thanks for the info. I'm extremely curious about you and your cues. I know as long as I've been here you haven't tried once to sell one, or even bring up the subject.

I respect your candidness but give it up. I've heard you make a dynamite jump cue. I was told their great. Do you have a site?

Regards,
C.C.~~hears good things about the Q-Guy.......

Q-guy
04-08-2002, 11:58 AM
The first thing you may want to do is take a course in machining at a trade school. That is what I did. A cuemake may show you what you need to know to get started building cues but they can't teach you how to be a machinist. Once you know what you are looking at and understand the theory of cuebuilding you can learn a lot just studying other cuemakers work. Like probably every cuemaker in the beginning I cut up cues to see how the cuemaker built the cue. That is not to say I copied or agreed with everything I saw, but I understood why they had done it the way they did. The woods can be learned as you go along, but you need a background in the machines before you start. You may IM me and I will answer any questions you may have if I can.

04-08-2002, 12:06 PM
JOe Barringer's a great guy.