PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about Gandy tables?

jdaniel
08-19-2003, 11:01 AM
I am still looking for a pool table. I can buy a used
Gandy commercial table with a new cloth and set up for
$2400. Does anyone know how they play ?

Jim

Pizza Bob
08-19-2003, 11:16 AM
They're OK, but not the greatest. Still better than most "home" tables. The room here has Gandys (the commercial model is the Big G) and will sell them set-up with new cloth for $2K, in the local area - they want to buy GCIV's. Gandy is out of business, but I believe parts are available - maybe even tables - through American Heritage. Don't pass if there's nothing else on the horizon, but a used GC would be more desireable.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Scott Lee
08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Bob is right about the Gandy Big G tables. One of the main differences between a Gandy and most of the other high end tables, is how the supports are structured. You can lean against a Big G and it will move substancially. A GC, Diamond, Connelly, etc, will not move a lick when you lean against them. They are all heavy tables with 1"+ slate, so the movement with the Big G has to be related to other problems in how it is put together, imo.

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
08-19-2003, 11:46 AM
I concur with Scott. I used to play at a local ph with Big G tables. They played terrible. The cushions made ball bounce. Big G's slate vibrate too much.