PDA

View Full Version : Set, pause, finish, freeze

bluewolf
08-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Someone said in another post that a two hour lesson should be enough and that a 2-3 day pool school might be a bit much or something along those lines. Well I just have to respectfully disagree with that.

I have gotten a lot from my lessons with Scott but that 3 day pool school with Randy G just set certain things in concrete. When you have had someone standing over you for 24 hours over a three day period and correcting you everytime you dropped your elbow, did not freeze etc, well it is nearly impossible for me to drop my elbow or not freeze.

I look around me and see sl5-sl7 miss shots because they do not freeze and pop up on the shot. I see high skill level players scratch because they did not see the tangent line. Now they can beat me all over the place in position and shot making, no question about that, but I always have that wee chance that they will scratch 8 because they did not freeze or did not see that tangent line.

While I have a long way to go, I feel that that pool school experience burned certain things into my brain like hot coals. When I look around and see these fine players make these simple mistakes, it sure does make me appreciative of that 3 day pool school experience I got when I had only been playing pool for six weeks.

Thanks to randy G.that with all of my weaknesses, at least I do not look up, scratch 8 and dog easy BIH shots. Maybe I should not say that but I can say it for my first year of play because I always look at that tangent line. I think seeing really good players do this kind of thing makes me take each shot very seriously and carefully, taking nothing for granted also.

I understand that Randy has a more advanced pool school and while I have continued to get great lessons from scott, I sure do look forward to the day that I am good enough to take Randy's more advanced school.

Laura

randyg
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Laura: You are ready, my love. I will be there soon....randyg

Rod
08-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Cough, Cough, whew, the air is getting thick in here.

rod

jjinfla
08-20-2003, 10:57 AM
BW, If you enjoy it and it works for you that is all that matters. For me it would be sensory overload. But if I had the talent, time, youth and money I would do what Ralf Soquet did and move in with Billy Incardona for a couple weeks. Or some other qualified instructor. Maybe Ewa would be a better choice. LOL.

How about trying Allison Fisher's school. Maybe getting a woman's perspective would be better for you?

As far as people missing shots. Well, everybody misses from time to time. Even the pros. Otherwise their Accu-Stats would all be 1.000. I'll bet that Danny Harriman missed a bunch of shots in the upcoming BCTV telecast because he only shot a .692 against Earl.

Jake

bluewolf
08-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Well jake, I would rather have Randy to look at all weekend than Allison. Matter of perspective I guess.

As far as missing shots, I do not expect to make all the shots after only a year of playing pool. I do pay special attention to that tangent line and that is due to randy gs school. I have not scratched the 8 yet in a match but I have scratched off of other balls for other reasons than the tangent line.

I got great fundamentals that are burned into me but do try to be realistic. At one year, I am not going to play like someone who has played for 15.

Laura

SpiderMan
08-20-2003, 02:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Well jake, I would rather have Randy to look at all weekend than Allison. Matter of perspective I guess. <hr /></blockquote>

And Allison would rather have you to look at than Randy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Doesn't seem fair, does it Randy?

SpiderMan

Aboo
08-21-2003, 11:10 AM
ROFL

randyg
08-22-2003, 05:53 PM
SPIDERMAN: Had to look at Allison all the time she was in Pool School with us. Tough job, had to do it.....randyg