PDA

View Full Version : Rackemup vs Kato II

Kato
08-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Tonight was the second coming of the biggest showdown in pool as the pride of Texas, Ken Kingan came to Florida to face off against yours truly in a battle to the death in 9-ball race to 9, 8-ball race to 7, one pocket race to 5 tie break.

The set of 9-ball was quite ridiculous, I couldn't make a ball and Ken couldn't help but scratch on the 8 or 9. I take that set 9-7.

8-ball was quite different. Early on I caught a stroke and jumped to a 3-0 lead only to see Mr. Kingan catch fire and win 7 straight games to win his first set against me to push us to a one pocket show down.

Ken would like to tell you he can't play one pocket but truth be told, I'm not supposed to have a chance. However, I jumped to a 2-0 lead in this race to 5 only to have Ken win 4 straight to take a commanding lead. Somehow, someway I managed to take 3 straight off him to win the tie break and win the evening.

On another note we went out for a steak dinner tonight and Ken out of the kindness of his heart did not finish his rare prime rib and offered it to my dog Lucky, who was very pleased with his kindness and has decided to make Ken a friend for life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~very lucky indeed this eve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
08-20-2003, 06:16 AM
Well that is the opening Ken needs to start winning. Finally the wannabe Texan is on the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~Not a wannabe ex-Texan

Tom_In_Cincy
08-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Sounds like you two were both WINNERS.. and had a great time.

Great playing to the both of you..

Kato
08-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Eg8r, Ken's current set record against me is 1-8. I'm not sure I'm ready to back off these games with that sort of percentage in my favor. He is playing well though and we did get a couple pics last night. I'll be taking a few more this week and hopefully finding someone to put them on the board for us.

Kato

Qtec
08-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Kato , have you got a picture of Ken,s face when he missed the 2 footer ? LOL

Thats the one I want to see . HaHaHa

Boy can I be mean sometimes . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

[ I would happily put those pics up for you Kato ]

Kato
08-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Sorry, no video. Ken didn't get his A$$ kicked either, not last night. Our next matchup is Thursday night. I'll play twice as well, he'll have to be sharp.

Kato

Qtec
08-20-2003, 09:52 AM
What , no video ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've got buyers on the line right now that will pay top dollar to see Ken get his ass kicked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif HaHaHa

Q

[ taking advantage of the fact that Ken is offline . HaHa]

Kato
08-20-2003, 09:56 AM
There aren't any action shots though we may stage a couple this week depending on beer intake. Actually, Ken took last night pretty seriously I'd say and probably thought he would win (and should have mind you). He really forced me to play hard the last few games and think harder than I'd like to at the table. I think in game 4 I lost (8 to -2) /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~had to play 9 games of one pocket last night. Freakin' torture.

eg8r
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
I cannot imagine Ken not taking any "action" shots. When we were at Billy Weirs, he would take pics while we were shooting all the time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~Waiting to see the pics

WesK
08-20-2003, 10:57 AM
I agree.

Good job.

wes

SPetty
08-20-2003, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I'll be taking a few more this week and hopefully finding someone to put them on the board for us.
<hr /></blockquote>As you know, Kato, I'm always good for that!