PDA

View Full Version : World Pool Masters

mickey2
08-20-2003, 03:16 AM
Who is going to win the World Pool Masters?

Ralf Souquet (GER) - Mika Immonen (FIN)
Alex Lely (NL) - Steve Davis (ENG)
Hui-Kai Hsia (TPE) - Niclas Bergendorff (SWE)
Rico Diks (NL) - Thorsten Hohmann (GER)
Earl Strickland (USA) - Niels Feijen (NL)
Tom Storm (SWE) - Efren Reyes (PHI)
Alex Pagulayan (PHI) - Tony Drago (MLT)
Nick van den Berg (NL) - Francisco Bustamante(PHI)

My picks for the semi-finals are:
Souquet vs. Hui-Kai Hsia
Strickland vs. Bustamante

Qtec
08-20-2003, 03:29 AM
Alex Lely v Niels Feijen in the final . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thorsten 3rd and Tony D 4th

Q

RedHell
08-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Semi-Finals,

Mika Immonen vs Thorsten Hohmann
Alex Pagulayan vs Earl Strickland

Finals Alex Pagulayan vs Mika Imonnen
Winner, Alex Pagulayan

pooljunkie73
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
1st-Paguyalan
2nd-Souquet
3rd-Bustamonte

snipershot
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I think Pagulayan is playing the best pool in North America at the moment, you can't count Bustamante out after he won the Challenge of Champions. This is a tough tournament to predict.

Qtec
08-31-2003, 03:00 AM
Results;

Vrijdag:
Ralf Souquet - Mika Immonen 5-8
Steve Davis - Alex Lely 3-8
Hui-kai Hsia - Niclas Bergendorff 8-1
Zaterdag:
Rico Diks - Thorsten Hohmann 6-8
Earl Strickland - Niels Feijen 8-5
Tom Storm - Efren Reyes 3-8
Alex Pagulayan - Tony Drago 3-8
Nick Van Den Berg - Francisco Bustamante 8-6

Kwartfinale:

Zaterdag:
Immonen - Lely 7-8
Zondag:
Hsia - Hohmann
Strickland - Reyes
Drago - Van Den Berg

Drago finished the last 3 racks in about 4 minutes!

He is flying.

Earl played solid and Thorsten is in form.

Qtec

SPetty
08-31-2003, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>Drago finished the last 3 racks in about 4 minutes!<hr /></blockquote>My newest very best friend in the whole wide world taped the WPC and sent it to me. I'm up through day seven so far! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drago has got to be the most awesome player I've seen in a long time. Way, way too much fun to watch. I'm laughing the whole way through it, and rewinding it to see it again!

Qtec
08-31-2003, 07:56 AM
He just finished El Nino, Nick v d Berg off. Amazing. The last 5 racks took tops 10 minutes!

He looks, he shoots.

If he can see it , he pots it but the funny thing is , he plays pool like a snooker player. He leaves himself shots into the middle pockets and just rams them in.

Hope he comes up against Earl.

Fireworks!

Qtec

Qtec
08-31-2003, 08:45 AM
O boy O boy. Earl v Tony and Hsia v Leyly-semi finals.

Tonight. Live!

Qtec

Luke Riches
08-31-2003, 10:46 AM
For full coverage and pictures go to www.worldpoolmasters.com (http://www.worldpoolmasters.com)

Qtec
08-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Tony is through! 8-7.What a game. Tony out-safed Earl despite a close game.Earl made a bad saftey in the last rack. Tony played a snooker from it and Earl was so mad he just played the 8 hard to nowhere.

Go Tony.

Q

Qtec
08-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Tony wins. Yeeeah .

He beats Alex P , Earl S and Hsin.

Tony is the man.

Qtec

Nostroke
09-01-2003, 09:32 AM
He is also one of the nicest guys in the world. I met him in Cardiff-He was thrilled to have gotten so far and very excited about nine ball.

I hope his Masters win makes him decide to play in the US Open. He will be a big hit over here. In Cardiff he refused to try a different spot when he wasn't making anything on the snap.If he learns anything about the break, he is going to be hard to beat.

It has to drive the other players crazy to see Tony, a snooker player, who doesnt take 5 seconds on any shot, make it look so easy.

Qtec
09-01-2003, 09:43 AM
I first met Tony about 15 years ago . He is a really nice guy .Normal, if you know what I mean.

The funny thing is , he plays snooker the same way he plays pool.

Q

Nostroke
09-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Yea but i think i read he was like # 16 on the snooker tour and now 4th in the WPC and he was robbed on that bad call and #1 In the World Masters. I think my friend may have his number-Gonna try to get him to call and talk him into the US Open!!Its probably a longshot though.

We talked a lot about including "Off the wall players" and Tony wouldnt say a bad word about any of them. He is one of a kind in my book!!When he knew he was going to finish in at least 8th, he bought dinner for about 6 of us, most of whom he had known 2-3 days!

Pizza Bob
09-02-2003, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> He is also one of the nicest guys in the world. <hr /></blockquote>

I concur wholeheartedly! I had the opportunity to meet and play snooker (well it was more like rack and spot balls) with Tony in 1994 in London. Really a great guy. Introduced through a mutual friend. It was amazing to watch him make 100 point breaks just fooling around. Truly awesome and a great guy. Glad to see him making a name in the pool world. Hope he comes to Virginia.

Adios,

Pizza Bob