PDA

View Full Version : Danny Deliberto....

Chris Cass
08-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Today I had my esophagus stretched and came home feeling like dog poop. I popped in a tape while trying to eat some soup. Well, I watched the one pocket match between Buddy Hall and Jeremy Jones. BTW, thanks Andy G. Your the greatest.

Anyway, Billy Incardona and Danny D. were commentating. I never had so much fun watching the match and listening to the two of them. LOL I swear I could hang with Danny for days. He not only made me laugh but I seemed to agree with most that he said.

If anyone one knows Danny personally I wish you'd pass along that he's got a fan from corn country. If I ever meet him I'll have to buy dinner. I'm not sure where he's from but I'm thinking the NY area.

Danny, if you see this, I really enjoyed my lousy day. Boy did I need a pick me up. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Chris,
VooDoo Daddy has some stories from his times with Danny.. I think Danny still lives in Florida..

Billy and Danny are a great crew for any AccuStats video... I love the way they both do the commentaries.

Glad you're feeling better after watching that tape.

Popcorn
08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Danny is originally from Buffalo NY but has lived in Hollywood and Miami Fla. since the the late 60's. He is a great guy to hang around with, especially around a pool room. He is always in action losing much of the time because he will take the worst of it and try to out run it. I have played him dozens of times maybe hundreds, over the last 35 years. The best is to sweat a match with him. He will talk the whole match, critiquing everything. You feel like you should be paying him. I am not kidding, you can be playing him for cash and end up getting a lesson. I never met a player that loved to play as much as he does. When he is in the room, he almost always plays. He must be in his late 60's now and I haven't seen him in almost a year. The last time I saw him he was trying to talk me into going to the Derby classic, he said it was great almost like Johnston city. I did not go though, maybe next year.

Voodoo Daddy
08-21-2003, 05:42 AM
I see Danny from time to time. He is a superman of pool and will tell you the way it is without vulgarity <I dunno how he does it> or maliciousness. A wealth of knowledge, Danny is very approachable and easy to talk too. Chris and/or anyone else for that matter, when you see Danny at the open just go up to him...he loves it all!!

Voodoo~~~knows Danny will enjoy meeting Chris

p.s....Chris, you can tell him we are brothers <He knows me as BIG STEVE from Miami>

Hopster
08-21-2003, 10:47 AM
I see Danny from time to time. He is a superman of pool and will tell you the way it is without vulgarity <I dunno how he does it> or maliciousness. <--Voodoo

When he was out here running Pool Sharks, i used to see him all the time. Really nice fellow and always had time for questions. I did notice that about him that he never curses, very strange indeed for a pool player.
I was told he was a boxer for a time also.

Chris Cass
08-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanks Tom,

Yes, I do feel better. Thanks for caring too.

Regards,

C.C.~~can't wait to see Tom at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi Popcorn,

That was great. I do have to meet him one day. Thank you for a great post.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Voodoo,

I sure will tell him. I didn't think he'd be there and that's one more reason to go. Wish you were there but good things happen in time brother.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Cass
08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi Hop,

I'll be sure and ask him about the boxing thing when I meet him. I only hope I can keep my language in check. LOL I get so excited when I talk pool. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif