PDA

View Full Version : The Pool Cube

Ralph S.
08-21-2003, 07:28 AM
I seen the advertisement in the most recent/late issue of Inside Pool for this thing called a Pool Cube. It looked interesting enough, so I checked out the web site for it. www.poolcube.com (http://www.poolcube.com) Once there you can get basic rules of how to use it in play. It is much like a doubling cube in backgammon.

Needless to say I am very interested and will definitely be getting one. I just wondered if anybody else was showing any interest in it or has used it in play before. If anybody has already played using this new cube can you give some details about how it changes the game? Does it make it more fun, exciting, interesting, or is it over-rated?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Ralph,
I've played with the cube and it does change the game tactics.

Once you have control of the cube when it comes time for you to get to the table, if you know you have a good chance to get out, you can challenge your opponent to accept the 'double' If you're playing for points, it's up to your opponent to take the challenge or quit.

You can use the cube for a race to points rather than a race to a number of games. Spots are easy to give.

If the race is to 100 points. The maximum of any one game can be only 32 points. But with the roll of the cube to start the game, it could be worth 1, 2 , 4, 8, 16 or 32 points. 4 games minimum for 100 points. but if every game is only worth 1 point.. well then 100 games.. someone's got to double when its only one point..

sledhamrbrk
08-21-2003, 08:08 AM
It looks like it could bring a new twist. However I reviewed the rules....There is no mention of what happens when your $12 cube goes in the left corner pocket only to be returned when the table is recovered. Does the game get post-poned till then ?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2003, 10:46 AM
This is the inventor of the pool cube. An avid backgammon player and pool player. She makes no secret about her past.

www.terrinicole.com (http://www.terrinicole.com)

cycopath
08-28-2003, 01:49 PM
What a wierd world we live in.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> What a wierd world we live in. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I play in a pool league with her. Nobody pays much attention anymore. Just another poolplayer.