PDA

View Full Version : OMG - we received "it"

Karatemom
08-22-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm going to let CC post his thank you for himself, but I am completely speechless. Barbara, and everyone else who had a hand in the package that we received today, I don't know how to thank you. I never expected anything and have no clue what to say. I have never had friends like you. I think we're still in shock here. I'm shaking like a leaf still. I picked the package up at the post office this morning and about fell over when I saw the size of it. Been shaking ever since. No one has done anything like this for me, or us, before. Honestly, I'm specchless, and don't know what else to say except thank you to everyone.

Heide ~ can't wait til Christ gets home from school

Kato
08-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Oh joy!!!!!!! Now I don't have to keep anymore secrets from you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~will get to see some of the "package" in about 1 month.

Barbara
08-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Whew! Thank goodness!

Kato = my secret agent.

Barbara~~~likes to see good things happen to good people! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Oh Barbara,

I'm devistated. I can't seem to hold back the tears. The people of this board are so kind and generous. I loved the cards, poster and especially, you know what. I'm trying hard to think of a way to accept what you've all given me. It's extremely difficult when noone in the world has ever been so good to me. It's the greatest gift anyone has ever given me. I need time to thank everyone so much because you mean so much to me.

Love,

Chris(Cass)Aiardo

UWPoolGod
08-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Now that you've posted Chris...what was "it".

Todd <--- glad that everything is going great for you.

Rod
08-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Kato,

It had been so long I forgot about the secret. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thats how I keep them, after a while Alzheimer's kicks in and I forget naturally. Barbara put together a plan a long time in the making. Chris, Heide and Christ you deserve something special after all you have been through. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

Chris Cass
08-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Barbara, Fran and Carol,

I love you girls with all my heart. All the women on this board are the best and I hold a special place in my heart for all of you.

Chris

SPetty
08-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Glad you like "it", Chris. As the instigator, Barbara was very tight-lipped about what "it" is, afraid that telling too many people would let the cat out of the bag. So, even though many of us participated, we don't all know what "it" is.

Some description or pictures would be great! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We love ya, Chris.

Chris Cass
08-22-2003, 10:22 AM
There's two special people that I need permission from to say. I will say I received a bunch of cards with pro and my favorite posters signatures on. A wonderful poster with all the top female pros eccept my Fran on it, however, Fran knows what she means to me. She'll always be a top pro in my eyes. Carol and Barbara will be there soon too. I have no doubt.

Chris

Voodoo Daddy
08-22-2003, 10:35 AM
HEY!!! Why are you sittin' in front of your puter gettin' all mushy? YOU need to go hit balls. Do I have to quit my job, sell all my stuff, move Shannon & Kyle <they just moved for pete sake> to CORN COUNTRY just to supervise your Ali-Like comeback to tournament pool? DO I? HUH? HUH?

Voodoo~~~laughin' at my brother in a good way!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
08-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Gee, I hope "it" is the right color and fits good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't wait to see "it" in Virginia. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Karatemom
08-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Now that's the best idea I've heard all day. What better way to celebrate than all our friends here with us.

Heide ~ soooo, when are you leaving? LOL j/k

wolfdancer
08-22-2003, 11:35 AM
How many shares of OMG did Barbara send? Been watching this stock since last Nov, when the CEO "bet the farm" with his shares, and a resultant margin call forced the price down from $55 to $4..oh my God!! (and they think pool players like to gamble)
Glad to hear the good news about CC

Karatemom
08-22-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> How many shares of OMG did Barbara send? Been watching this stock since last Nov, when the CEO "bet the farm" with his shares, and a resultant margin call forced the price down from $55 to $4..oh my God!! (and they think pool players like to gamble)
Glad to hear the good news about CC <hr /></blockquote>Way more shares than she should have. However, the price of that stock should be climbing again soon.

Heide ~ had a dream about the DJIA just the other day, LOL

Karatemom
08-22-2003, 11:40 AM
BTW, I called you this morning after i got home from the PO, but got your machine. You had better cal tonite or I'll call til the phone rings off the hook. LOL.

Heide ~ can't wait to answer the phone

Barbara
08-22-2003, 02:53 PM
For all of us posters that read, watched, and prayed during Chris Cass' ordeal with cancer of the esophagus, the package that they received today was FROM ALL OF US.

Just remember that key phrase, "FROM ALL OF US".

What was in the package - (I have permission to say)

Okay, last November when CC dropped the bomb that cancer had a 3-0 lead on him, I started a card with CarolNYC for her to get signatures on it from some players in NYC. It then escalated with SPetty in TX, Rod and the West Coast posters (Rip in NV included), Rich R in MD and Kato in FLA (and Tom in Cincy, but that's another story). Just cards of encouragement to help fight the fight. I tried to hit the biggest CCB poster-rich cities as I could. So if you feel "left out" that you didn't sign a card, DON'T!! You all read Heide's daily updates and responded with words of encouragement. For those of you who signed the cards, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your cooperation and sharing of personal data with other CCBers. These cards came "FROM ALL THE CCBers", whether you signed them or not.

Okay, that was one part of the package.

Then, there is this cuemaker in my neck of the woods that was impressed by all the compassion and unity that the Cass family brought to the CCB that he made a cue for CC to be "FROM ALL THE CCBers", whether you knew it or not. That was the "thing"/"it" Chris and Heide referred to. Some of you figured it out, but I'm clueless as to how many of you did. Guess I wasn't as steathly as I thought I was. Lord knows I tried!! LOL!

But it wasn't fair to just have only something for CC when Heide and their son Christ went through Hell and back, so there was a gift cert for Heide to a salon and an Xbox game for Christ.

I also included a "Coors Light Qualifier" poster that was sent to me courtesy of the WPBA that's signed by the top 16 WPBAers (except for Gerda /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ). I have others, but thought the Cass household could use one.

Plus, a package of my pecans. I just can't send a package to someone without including some pecans. They're my signature.

So I have to thank Kato, Voodoo, Barry, SPetty, Rich R, CarolNYC, Fran, Rackmup, Rod, Rip, and there's probably more out thre that helped coordinate the support cards, so if I've left you out, POST AND CLAIM SOME RECOGNITION!! you deserve it!! It was one helluva effort that youse guys did and it was great. I THANK YOU!!

Oh, was this too sappy for some of you to stomach? Then don't read anymore! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Love and peace,

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
08-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Barbara, you get a pile of thanks from the CCB.

The whole thing was your idea and you coordinated it. Our job was easy. I know I never had to ask someone twice and I'm sure the other helpers had no problem either.

Another BIG thank you goes to that cue maker, in your neck of the woods. He is a very generous man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
08-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Wow..that's great guys.. *tap* *tap* *tap*

Yeah about 10 years ago, before I even got into pool my father had cancer in the side of his neck, removing a few muscles on the side and towards the collarbone. It was a very trying ordeal and know many of the feelings all of you went through. He has beaten cancer. But it has changed him for the better, he loves life...is happy and takes it to the fullest. Just waiting to see what I get...my older brother had cancer in his small intestine two years ago. Runs in our family.

I am glad the Cass' are well and I am sure the future will be even better. It has been for our family.

Kato
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Who got the cue specs??????? Huh???????

Chris is my brother. He's a good man. Heide is my sister, she's a good woman. Christ is a 10 year old kid so he's just a brat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are family to all of us. Cheers to you guys, thanks to the cue guy, thanks to Barbara. You guys all rule and the Cass family agrees.

Kato~~~Is happy the cats out of the bag.

Barbara
08-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...

You were my Secret Agent Of Information!!!

Thanks Special Agent Kato!!!

Barbara~~~Kato gets a Special surprise in the mail, too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
08-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Great post, Barbara, and great job in bringing all this together. You are totally awesome. But, the Cass clan has you beat for awesomeness for getting through this thing so far together. Thanks again for the updates, Heide.

I want to assure the Texas contingent that most of you were represented in the Texas card. When you came out to inaugurate PettyPoint Pool Hall, I had the card here ready for you to sign, but then forgot I had it when you were here. So I made sure to take the blame for your lack of signatures, and made sure that CC knew you were thinking of him!

SPetty~~~I'd still like to see pics of this "it"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
08-22-2003, 05:38 PM
I say that cause, I wonder what the hell she's going to do next. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Barbara, give yourself a pat on the back. It was you that organized the deal. Oh and your sisters helped too! All of us just carried out your plan.

Speaking of it, another move on your part Barbara. Just a guess but I doubt the maker knew all about the Cass Family. Did a little birdie chirp in his ear? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris, Heide and Christ, I would have loved to see the look on your faces. I was never told what it was, heck I didn't even know there was an it. Agent 99 was in Stealth mode out here! LOL I'm glad for you, you all needed something special in your life. I wanna see a pic of IT!

Rod

pooljunkie73
08-22-2003, 06:16 PM
It's good to see there still some good people in the world.

Hope you are well on your way to recovery CC.

Kent Mc.

Barbara
08-22-2003, 06:34 PM
I'm not going to steal CC's thunder, but it's a beaut!!

And thanks to you for the West Coast connection of "Signing the Card" to CC!!! And with Tony A's signature to boot!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

You were a Major Link Rod!!! Tell 'em who Tony A is!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif C'mon, TELL THEM!!! It's great!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Love and Kisses,

Barbara~~~I refuse to tell all the stories /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
08-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Hey Susan!

We're still on for a bottle of Cabo Wabo!!

And I have to thank you for getting the longest distance CCBers together for signing a card!!

Thanks Babe!!!

Pat yourself on the back for your room and your own Zen!!!

Good Zen does work!!! So does Good Friends!!!

Make it up to next year's Super Billiards Expo, okay?!

Barbara~~~did I mention that I've got that Cabo Wabo bottle?....

Rod
08-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Barbara,

There isn't a major link in AZ, it melted in the heat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Now for Tony A, I just forwarded the card. I coordinated with Rip and Troy. Remember Troy? He got Tony's sig. Speaking of Troy I haven't seen him on the board in a while, I hope he is ok. Rip, well he probably threw in a dead scorpion or a chunk of beer stained carpet from the Riv /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

Karatemom
08-22-2003, 08:14 PM
The next time we see any and all of you, you will get the biggest hug from all of us. What everyone did was above and beyond friendship.

Heide ~ thinks she's still in shock!

eg8r
08-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Man, there are really some great people on this board. Well, after seeing everything that has happened, I wish I could have signed the card. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~~Loved playing pool at Petty Point

eg8r
08-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Wow, what wonderful people we have here on the board.

Chris and family, I will make sure to sign your card when I get the chance to meet you in person. Your family has been in our prayers ever since we heard the news and I am so excited for you.

We need some pics of the cue PLEASE!!!!!!!

eg8r &lt;~~~Continuing to pray for the Cassman and family

Rod
08-22-2003, 10:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Well, after seeing everything that has happened, I wish I could have signed the card. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Well you could have if Suzie didn't forget. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She needed that for a comment the other day. Well a week ago but who's counting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

CarolNYC
08-23-2003, 06:35 AM
Hey Heide,
Hooray!You guys are the best!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
08-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Hey Barb,
I like the way you wrote"I started a card with CarolNYC"-
Dont let her fool you Chris-it was ALL HER DOING!And she has the nerve to call me "slick" ha ha haha
To everyone else who kept the cards going-all I can say is "WAY TO GO!"
Carol~giving Barbara a standing ovation!

CarolNYC
08-23-2003, 06:45 AM
Love ya right back,Chris!
Carol:):)

SPetty
08-23-2003, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I wish I could have signed the card.<hr /></blockquote>Really, eg8r, you did sign the card, you just didn't know it! Really!

CarolNYC
08-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi Rich,
Just quoting a song-
"man ya gotta have love, this'll set us straight
take control of your mind and meditate
let your soul gravitate, to the love ya'll"
Where is the love?
RIGHT HERE!
Carol

Barbara
08-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Yeah Rod, where has Troy been?

Has anyone seen/talked to Troy recently??

Barbara~~~worried...

Sid_Vicious
08-23-2003, 08:04 AM
"Did a little birdie chirp in his ear?"

The Texas bird(I won't say the name but initials are SPetty) chirping in my ear obviously had recently done a shot of Quervo Gold, so I was talked into slamming one myself, sorta like long distance christening. I didn't know about "it" though...pics are definetely required...sid

Karatemom
08-23-2003, 08:33 AM
I almost forgot, everyone at the pool hall wants more pecans! LOL

Heide ~ has to learn how not to share

Barbara
08-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah, your name is still "Sneaky/Slick"!!!

You get around with things behind people's backs that they never know about!!!

Yeah yeah!

Loved that NYC card with Gina pointing to Jennifer's writing for Chris "to get well and come to NY and we'll play some" and Gina's points to Jen's salute with writing to "Chris, kick her butt". Oh, I can feel the LOVE!!!!

Love you NYCers!!!!

Barbara~~~Carol needs to be cloned at least 100 times!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
08-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Alright, alright. LOL, would hate to miss out on the opportunity. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

PQQLK9
08-23-2003, 08:41 PM
I am speechless...what a nice thing for nice people to do for nice people.

Deniel
08-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Oh wow...

Deniel &lt;- still in awe and totally speechless...

CarolNYC
08-24-2003, 03:45 AM
Ha,ha ha!
Still pissed about receiving the NEWT ring,huh-Well get over it:):):):)Im only slick when it comes to giving gifts and surprises!
Yeah, Ginas too funny and the "come up and play some" is an open invitation to the Cass family-they always have a place to stay at my house and it would give me a reason to kick one of my kids out,ha ha ha ha(only kidding)!
Now get back to work,ha ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~still points police and Gina is still fashion police! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmup
08-24-2003, 10:02 AM
The cue was delivered while I was in Florida getting schooled by Kato but each day he would update me on the pending arrival of "The Package."

While there is no more deserving family than the Cass Crew, I have to make mention of this undeniable fact:

Cancer kills many each and every day. Perhaps it doesn't touch our lives unless one of the lost is one of our own. We are lucky to have CC, Heide and Christ in our "family" and are all greatful to God that CC is better.

Keep a silent prayer in your heart for those whose time is short. Perhaps you could volunteer some time at a local charity that benefits cancer awareness. The gift of a cue is great. The gift of life is without comparison.

And to those "lurkers" from other pool forums who refer to us here at the CCB as "a clique" or "too off the subject of pool":

There is an "order" to all of our lives. With the majority of those here, that order seems to be friends first and pool second and I think that is just fine.

Regards,

Ken

Rich R.
08-24-2003, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>And to those "lurkers" from other pool forums who refer to us here at the CCB as "a clique" or "too off the subject of pool":

There is an "order" to all of our lives. With the majority of those here, that order seems to be friends first and pool second and I think that is just fine. <hr /></blockquote>
Tap, tap, tap!

Karatemom
08-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Very nicely put, Ken. I, too, am a cancer survivor along with Chris, and unfortunately, my mom didn't survive. So in honor of her, every year, Christ and I run in the Gilda's Club 5K run/walk. In fact, Christ took home a plaque for coming in first place in his division last year. It might not be able to help her now, but if it can help someone else with the same affliction, then it is worth it.

Thanks for the great post.

Heide

TomBrooklyn
08-24-2003, 03:22 PM
I am also at a loss for words.

TomBk

Barbara
08-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Ken,

I want to thank you for your help with "the package".

And I want to remind a lot of people out there that the type of cancer that CC battled with and won his battle was against a lot of odds not in his favor. Okay, I didn't word that so precisely, but the fact remains that Chris fought the fight to be with his wife and to see his son grow up!!!

Damn! He went through a lot!!!

A clique?, I'm not a part of one. Hated them in high school, hate them still now. I just want to help friends any way I can.

Barbara~~~burnt from a 6-hour sun-filled sail today and falling asleep as I type...

Tomorrow I will post pics of the SS New Jersey as she's anchored in the Delaware across from Philly...

rukiddingme
08-24-2003, 06:17 PM
What a wonderful gift for such a lovely family. I have had the pleasure to meet the Cass clan and there just isn't a nicer bunch of folks around.
I just can't wait to see "it". Chris does this mean that your other cue is available? I think you even have a case there in reserve for me so I can transport the cue. I can dream can't I?...just don't wake me up OK? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
BTW, I contacted Ned Morris and will be mailing him my cue this week. He said he'll try to fix things up. I played with the Morris cue at Chris' Billiards last night and OMG what a "hit", warped shaft and all. Kind of intoxicating if you know what I mean.
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
08-25-2003, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>

...I wish I could have signed the card. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I fell your pain bro'. Apparently I'm not the only pooh-bah who's "out of the loop" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~happy for the Cass clan /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
08-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Ah, but the Hamiltucky Hammer will be in Virginia in less than 1 months time hooking up with the Cass Clan /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You in my man, you in with the Cass Clan.

Kato~~~sort of in /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
08-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Hi Wally,

Let me tell ya something my friend. It doesn't take a signature to tell me where your heart is at. I know everyone that's in my corner and I see you there all the time.

BTW, someone signed for eg8r. LOL

Sincerely,

C.C.~~cornatucky????

eg8r
08-26-2003, 09:30 AM
LOL, SPetty promised me that I signed it. I beleive her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-27-2003, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wally,

Let me tell ya something my friend. It doesn't take a signature to tell me where your heart is at. I know everyone that's in my corner and I see you there all the time.

<font color="blue">Thanks bud /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

BTW, someone signed for eg8r. LOL

<font color="blue">That's because those Univ. of Florida guys can't write /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He should know Univ. of Kentucky is better /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Sincerely,

C.C.~~cornatucky????

<font color="blue">Actually Corn-tucky would be the proper pronunciation /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Blackwolf
08-29-2003, 01:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I am speechless... <hr /></blockquote>Me too. I just don't know what to say.

BW