PDA

View Full Version : Registration Required If Want To Post?

JimS
04-07-2002, 09:45 PM
I'd like to see the software changed so that it is required that posters register, including email address, if they want to post.

I don't care who lurks and gains information but I sure am tired of the rude posts put up by some anonymous posters.

Perhaps this wouldn't work either but it sure would be nice to not have to put up with some of the tripe that some anonymous posters contribute.

Troy
04-07-2002, 10:01 PM
I agree Jim. While some people might be hesitant to give out their e-mail address, it is hidden from all except the webmaster.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> I'd like to see the software changed so that it is required that posters register, including email address, if they want to post.

I don't care who lurks and gains information but I sure am tired of the rude posts put up by some anonymous posters.

Perhaps this wouldn't work either but it sure would be nice to not have to put up with some of the tripe that some anonymous posters contribute. <hr></blockquote>

stickman
04-07-2002, 10:20 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. I know it's possible from my experience on other boards. You can allow them to access the site as a guest and read without registering. Registering under a nik and hiding your e-mail makes you anonomous anyway, but it would let the members quickly identify the posters that contribute nothing but irritation to the site.

Doctor_D
04-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Good morning Jim:

I agree, and you can count on my vote!

Dr. D.

jjinfla
04-08-2002, 08:17 AM
Maybe allow 2-3 free posts and then require the person to register. Since you can send a message to a member on this board requiring an e-mail address should not be necessary. Any pro posting here would be deluged with e-mails. Especially the women. JMO Jake

stickman
04-08-2002, 08:44 AM
jjinfla, If a pro wants to register, they don't necessarily have to register under their real name. This would make them anonomous. Or, you could choose not to except PMs from members. Not necessarily disagreeing, just pointing out some other options. Plus you can choose to hide your e-mail addy from the members.

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm in for a solid yes on this count...sid